šŸ§Ŗ The Beta Beat (v23) [NOW RELEASED] ā€“ Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon & Pirates of Corellia Challenge Events, Costumes, November/December HOTM

Yeah, probably. See the same top 1 in most events. I wonder how many copies of those heroes they needā€¦ Iā€™m not complaining about events, I think they are great. The PVP aspect, however, I have 0 interest in as it sits. Even if they did get rid of the guaranteed heroes, Iā€™d still be happy with top percentagesā€¦ that way Iā€™d have an incentive.

6 Likes

I donā€™t know guys, but Iā€™m playing for 2 years C2P, and never seen such lack of food and iron now. I donā€™t know what to spend it on firstā€¦ Upgrading? Giving emblems? Training heroes? Making new buildings?

The drop rate is as low as 0.6% per hero for the sand empire. Can you imagine this? That means even if you do 100 pulls, you will have 0.6% of getting a 5* hero from the seasonal summonā€¦
This month I did 33 pulls, and I did not got a single 5* hero.
Many of my alliance old players retire from the game, they just canā€™t stand the loot drop %ā€¦

Too much greed will eventually brake the game, think of that.

8 Likes

i just wanted to say that @zephyr1 rocks!
Often an E&P question will pop into my head. This morning it was ā€œI wonder how much iron SH23 will need, and how many advanced iron stores I will need for thatā€
A quick search of ā€œStronghold 23 ironā€ and there is the answer - from @zephyr1 at the top of the search list.

So shoutout to @zephyr1, and remember this motto - ā€œsearch before you askā€ - make @zephyr1ā€™s life easier.

18 Likes

Nah, itā€™s fine to add things that help early game players. Itā€™s good when thereā€™s more loot in the game and easier access to decent materials at any stage of play.

I have reconsidered. While giving too much to the longest standing players seems unbalanced, a bit of a reward isnā€™t a bad thing.

But I do still believe that turning a pile of unusable junk items into newly useful ones requires caution.

1 Like

Why not make the alchemy lab work like the horadric cube from Diablo 2? Specific recipe of items x produces item y. The combinations can be just about anything in any quantity. Figuring out the combinations almost was as fun as the item itself. Just a thought.

*ā€œsave the whales, harpoon a titan.ā€

10 Likes

I am progressing good with 21 done, multiple converts to most buildingsā€¦iron storage is next.

My question is: Does anyone have even a ā€œguesstimateā€ of when 22, 23 etc will start to unlock? I assume those are going to take weeks also to upgradeā€¦just wondering when that ā€œmayā€ beā€¦even speculation is helpful.

Alchemy Lab and Stronghold 22/23 exited Beta for reworking, so my guess is it will be a while before we see a final version released.

When they return for further testing, Iā€™ll update this thread accordingly. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

oicā€¦thank you for the feedback.

1 Like

Adv ironā€¦

@Raghstpart, upgrading a base takes time. Would you expect to finish it in a couple of months? You can complain of lots of things, but not thisā€¦ While upgrading a building using iron, you can also upgrade a mine, that requires food. Here you go, second builder at work.

I thought in not responding to you, but. What??? Whoā€™s complaining? Just saying. Right now Iā€™ve got mine level 4 and the others at level 2. And Dont need the second builder. Is useless. Because you want to make harpoons (30+ already) good game to you sir.

1 Like

Though the advanced buildings take days for upgrading, you can spend some iron for crafting items meanwhile. Hint - complete 2 monster chests and 2 heroes chests in 24 hours. They will give you a lot of iron. Besides, a rare chest occurs more often (I have one every week). Always skip a chest at the last 53 minutes. It will cost you just 1 gem. Skipping is usefull to bring the chest at the hour you decided to complete them every day. To complete a heroes chest in 15-20 minutes, you have to choose a hour around 11, AM and PM. Use 6 flags for raids and 2 attacks at the tournement. If you are good, you will complete every day 4 chests. Like me and other great players. And I repeat myself, this will give you a large amount of iron and a rare chest every week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im not talking about quest , i talk about titans and chests, and mistyc vision

I was hoping for the same option even with 3* ascension items. My hero roster is basically green and blue. I have an insane amount of purple ascension materials because my game refuses to give me purple 5* heroes. I have 2 out of my 40 5*s. On the flip side the game gives me tons of ascension items for purple. Would love to trade some trap tools for warm capes.

1 Like

A challenge event summon token would be awesome. Give people who donā€™t have money to spend on the game at least a chance for a special event heroe.

4 Likes

Thank you for the important update. It is appreciated.

2 Likes

Awesomesauce! Gotta catch up on this thread. Lotsa cool info in here! Happy 4th of July America! I have approx 45 minutes of reading to do according to the heading! Lol.:metal::grin:

1 Like

My only concern out the gates by reading that is it would stink if say you need a tabard so you take a set of darts and 300 gems and receive a set of darts if its random. Now you are out 300 gems and you are still in the same boat. Why not just have formulas with gems for specific items and thatā€™s what you get point blank. That would be more plausible if gems are involved in my opinion, rather than pot luck. You already have that chance to bust on items in the shops. Why not make the new buildings more concrete in what they do in lieu of a pot luck situation. You will probably get more users. Heck I would spend a butt load of money esp on tabards at the moment. I dont think many would do it as its described in my opinion. Gems are the most valuable asset. I would spend them elsewhere if it was me. Just saying.

4 Likes

Or even a situation where you have options would be more plausible. Like if i give you this this and this, you have a chance for this this or this. And if I give you this and this you have a shot at that. Like the more you give the more you solidify your chances of getting what you desire. At least now you know your odds in that scenario as well. Math works. Give an option to better your odds rather than keeping a random preset multiplier as a constant. Just a thought. Gotta catch some zzzzzā€™sā€¦ read some more in the morning. Nt all! Excited about this thread actually! Cant wait to read the rest and check out the feedback!

2 Likes