🧪 The Beta Beat (v23) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon & Pirates of Corellia Challenge Events, Costumes, November/December HOTM

2367 or 2376? You can reach 2367 at Adv Iron 4 and Adv Mine 7. 2376 will require Adv Iron 5. I ask because I chose Food-4 the other day and my Iron is at 4. Then I read this thread about an hour later. I chose…poorly. But not really a big deal as there is no rush for the new buildings.

Getting a lucky streak is no more of an outlier than getting an unlucky streak. That’s RNG. Neither one is really that uncommon. An outlier is like the poor guy who went over 500 pulls with no 5*.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: :test_tube: Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23]

2367k, sorry for the typo. :heart_decoration:

(The top post was correct, just my in-stream comment was wrong.)

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: :test_tube: Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23]

Only Iron storage counts

([Suggestion] Production storage or consistent labeling)

1 Like

500 pulls without a 5*? Was this confirmed, or just his claim?

I probably did at least 200 pulls without a 5*. But then I eventually got a 5*, so I have to start the count over again. And oh crap, also just got a bonus draw HOTM, so starting over again again.

Dangit. I just realized. Now I’m not going to pull another 5* for months! :persevere:

Sturdy shield for me… I have almost 40 of them while the other 3* unfarmables only around 20…

That’s exactly what I thought of Alchemy Lab’s primarily purpose as being — smoothing out RNG noise that had led to wildly uneven distribution of Ascension Materials.

Doing that via yet more RNG is bad enough, but paying gems for the “opportunity” for more RNG is what really gets me.

I’m sure plenty of people will happily do that, though.

14 Likes

When there’s only one path for people to walk…

The only way to smooth out RNG unevenness is with choice. Letting you choose from three to four random exchange results is a better solution to the conversion in the alchemy lab levels.
The opposite of chance is choice.

2 Likes

I’m sorry the logic isn’t clear enough.

What’s this business about needing a high amount of cups for knights of Avalon?

:thinking: Sorry, I’m not sure what you’re referring to, can you elaborate?

2 Likes

No. It’s something I read in one of the ridiculous polls. I couldn’t elaborate because I had no idea what the heck that was about, and I found no information about it in the post.
thank you @zephyr1 for confirming that it was simply some ridiculousness that scared the crap out of me. :grin:

2 Likes

Update

I’ve now updated the Costumes Beta Beat thread: :test_tube: Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23 & v24]

I’ve also created a Beta Beat (v24) thread to index any featured tested in Beta under the v24 umbrella — which is currently only Costumes so far.

That thread can be found here: :test_tube: The Beta Beat (v24) – Sharing the Big Picture on What’s Going on in Beta: Costumes

4 Likes

When is v23 goingbto be forced upon in the game @zephyr1, do you know?

I don’t know, but tomorrow wouldn’t surprise me.

2 Likes

My iron has been full and waiting for 2 days now,lol, hope it is.

2 Likes

Since I don’t care about Alchemy Lab, I’ve just kept working on other upgrades in the meantime.

I’m planning to upgrade to SH22 and work on more Advanced Buildings, but I’m not in any rush. I’m basically just prepping for Hero Academy, in case that turns out to be useful.

7 Likes

I aready have everything upgraded except A- houses and last level of farm,

1 Like

Cookie Settings