đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v23) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon & Pirates of Corellia Challenge Events, Costumes, November/December HOTM

You can Transmute them into 2* AM, and Transmute those into 3* AM, and Transmute those into 4* AM.

The heat death of the universe may occur before you get the mats you need, and you’ll definitely get a big credit card bill, but it’s hypothetically possible.

23 Likes

I am really surprised though. I was expecting them to wait for Hunter’s Lodge to be widely tested before they added another advanced building. I hope they listen to your feedback, especially for when it comes time for Hero Academy. It is the building I really want. I am excited about turning a battle manual into trap tools. I hope that works out.

3 Likes

I like that premise, though I don’t like the current cost structure for it.

But if they fix that, it would actually be excellent.

3 Likes

Are you going to publish that information after they release a second build? What kind of wait times are we looking at? For the conversion process

1 Like

Yes, I was going to publish everything now, but it struck me as being so in need of changing that I held off in anticipation of likely changes.

The Transmutations Times in Beta are all set to 2 minutes to make it possible to test the Alchemy Lab — so we don’t know what the actual times will be yet.

But I’ve documented everything else.

6 Likes

That was my impression.

But.

The Hero Academy will be F2P friendly. The Alchemy Lab works differently; ( linky, linky ):

3 Likes

I think demanding gems to get a 4* is wrong.

I would be willing to gamble with two 4* mats to get one that might be useful. But not use gems.
I also don’t think the new mat should be guaranteed, being disappointed with rng is what the game is all about

I am NOT f2p. Been playing for exactly a year but haven’t done the math on how much I have spent.

Ps thanks for the guidance on the advanced storage requirements and priorities.

6 Likes

Uhm, I have 2188 arcane scripts, 2083 daggers, 3305 leather armor, 2112 sharpening stones, 3581 strong rope, and 3789 wooden shields to use up before I start transmuting my 10,353 training manuals to get more.

But I don’t even need to do that until I use up 471 battle manuals, 333 chainmail shirts, 374 scabbards, and 429 tall boots.

I’m guessing that I’ll be too short on hams to even use up my surplus 3* non-farmable ascension mats, never mind get into my 2* surplus or think about the 1* surplus.

Here’s hoping that the hero academy uses training manuals by the hundred so people using my farming guide actually want to farm for them, and I’ll have to feature that info! :rofl:

8 Likes

Perhaps a possible option for the final (10th) level could have two versions of the transformation.

One version doesn’t require gems but the 4* AM you get is random and you get a shot at a bonus 4* AM and the other version involves the same items but with a gem cost added to get a specific 4* AM but without the chance of a bonus 4* AM roll.

Caters to players in more situations, the free option allows players who have a major imbalance in a particular item like Tomes to randomly swap them for something else and maybe get something extra whilst the player who desperately needs one specific item can get it by putting gems towards it.

10 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Another question: does anything unlock for stronghold 22? If not, this will be the first time you literally get nothing for upgrading the stronghold

4 Likes

A bit interesting that there is no advanced trainings camp. Hero academy will probably fill that spot than.

Alchemy Lab costing gems is highly problematic from my point of view and remembers me a lot of the first version of raid tournament

3 Likes

I knew they said one of them was F2P friendly. Thanks!
If this stays the way it is, I probably won’t even use the Alchemy lab. 300 gems is ridiculous.

15 Likes

No, I didn’t observe anything that unlocked with Stronghold 22.

5 Likes

Yes, they’ve said the the idea for a separate Advanced Training Camp has been merged into their current plans for the Hero Academy.

7 Likes

I just realized something.

Making 2* ascension mats with the alchemy lab is 1000% useless for anybody playing this game.

Worse than training camp modes TC14-18, and TC5-9. (Pretty nearly useless) Worse than Stronghold 22. (Completely useless except as a stepping stone, but at least you don’t have the option of wasting hams researching it!)

For level 1 build and research (!!!), you need SH23, All Iron storage 20, 1x Advanced Iron storage 10, AllFood Storage 20, 1x Advanced food storage 6, 1x Advanced food storage 5.

Getting to SH20 takes 4 months of play. Getting all your storages maxed to 20 takes another month or two. Getting advanced storages maxed and getting to advanced storages to that level is going to be a few more months.

Guestimate: Most players with Alchemy Lab 1 researched will have played a year or more.

Anybody I know who has played a year has been swimming in 2* and 3* farmable ascension mats for a while. If you want to make something that only helps level 20 players who need tall boots to ascend a 3* hero, make it accessible to level 20 players!

Some players at that stage are still short of 3* non-farmable ascension mats, but may soon be only worried about 4* ascension items.

Consider this a plea to find SOMETHING to do besides making 2* ascension mats that high level players can use since only high level players can access this!

43 Likes

So in essence the possibilities of using 1 and 2* AM i can make the truck load of trap tools i need :rofl:

Completely agree with Barry.

No wonder Zero retired.

10 Likes

Getting harder and harder to be excited about these updates, not gonna lie. If this is how the alchemy lab works, I can only imagine the price tags that will be placed on the hero academy.

Is there a way in it’s current build to say
 trade hidden blades in for a chance at guaranteed 4* mats or no? Seems it’s trade a 4 for a 4, but I also saw mention of building an item up

7 Likes

Finally i get a use of my 55 orbs :rofl: but am afraid of getting more orbs

5 Likes

I agree.

And this was before Atlantis Rising was added.

Even if they unlocked Alchemy Lab at Stronghold 10, like Barracks, I just do not see anyone using this when 100 gems lets a 3* hero team farm Season 2, Province 1 during Atlantis Rising for a large number of loot rolls which a small chance of Atlantis Coins.

I was really hoping Alchemy Lab would allow players to make emblems, or gems, which can be used with any hero roster at any level of play.

12 Likes