🧪 The Beta Beat (v23) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon & Pirates of Corellia Challenge Events, Costumes, November/December HOTM

Awesomesauce! Gotta catch up on this thread. Lotsa cool info in here! Happy 4th of July America! I have approx 45 minutes of reading to do according to the heading! Lol.:metal::grin:

1 Like

My only concern out the gates by reading that is it would stink if say you need a tabard so you take a set of darts and 300 gems and receive a set of darts if its random. Now you are out 300 gems and you are still in the same boat. Why not just have formulas with gems for specific items and that’s what you get point blank. That would be more plausible if gems are involved in my opinion, rather than pot luck. You already have that chance to bust on items in the shops. Why not make the new buildings more concrete in what they do in lieu of a pot luck situation. You will probably get more users. Heck I would spend a butt load of money esp on tabards at the moment. I dont think many would do it as its described in my opinion. Gems are the most valuable asset. I would spend them elsewhere if it was me. Just saying.

4 Likes

Or even a situation where you have options would be more plausible. Like if i give you this this and this, you have a chance for this this or this. And if I give you this and this you have a shot at that. Like the more you give the more you solidify your chances of getting what you desire. At least now you know your odds in that scenario as well. Math works. Give an option to better your odds rather than keeping a random preset multiplier as a constant. Just a thought. Gotta catch some zzzzz’s… read some more in the morning. Nt all! Excited about this thread actually! Cant wait to read the rest and check out the feedback!

2 Likes

Please, would it be possible to publish here all the formulas for different levels how they are currently in Beta? It would help me with building strategy (whether Alchemy Lab is anything worth focusing ASAP and thus building storages with priority).

2 Likes

What about season 3? Some timeline and will it have some hero restrictions or something to make it challenging? There are loads of 4000+ teams out there now so it could be good if S3 had restrictions to make it a bit more interesting. Maybe EPIC or RARE only map like the challenge events. Could try only 1 or 2 legendary allowed, possibly no healer stages.

1 Like

Dev Tim has mentioned this.

(Season 3 any time soon?)

1 Like

Alchemy Lab is currently undergoing revision, and is not in Beta.

I’m not going to publish the outdated information, since it’s clearly changing.

3 Likes

Man… lol at this point especially with the new buildings and such if there were these special offers or daily calendar specials or whatever that you can get like 500k ham or iron for like 9.99 or 19.99 or sumthn. Lol. Off topic I know. But wow I havent been so consistently ham and iron poor in a while. Lmao!

2 Likes

I guess some version of that could theoretically be a good deal vs. the Shop pricing for Food and Iron, but I’d personally never be tempted to buy it — though I’m sure some people would like those offers.

3 Likes

You can buy ham/iron in the shop :wink:

Edit : As @zephyr1 said, price aren’t really « user friendly », so better deals could be possible

3 Likes

Yeah but 4k gems on ham and iron is crazy town!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: that’s like 50 bucks or sumthn. And 30 for halfway or sumthn. Be cool to see like a 10spot valuation or something. Maybe a 1/4 tank increment can be added when you need a boatload more but dont wanna blow your wad and are out of raid flasks etc… or add ham and iron in some of those larger special deal things like the ones offered today, with the items etc. That would be cool. Never thought about it that much till recently. New blogs, leveling, hero leveling crafting items, poons research etc. Some times when you stop at the gas station it’s not because you need fuel but you are hungry thirsty or gotta go potty. You dont really need fuel but if it’s a good price or deal you top off while you stop. Know what I mean?

3 Likes

*new bldgs☝️
Not blogs…
Autocorrect
:smirk:

I have a question. What will we do when the academy will be built on the last remaining forge? Everytime we need crafting items in forge, we will convert one of the new buildings to forge again? If so, I hope we can do this at any time with no additional cost.

1 Like

Build it on your barrack (the forge that you use for it), you rarely use barrack, don’t you?

2 Likes

Good idea, but my barrack is built upon a forge lvl 5. So I will convert back to forge, I will convert the lodge to forge too (that one is lvl 20), I will built the lodge on forge lvl 5 and barrcaks on lvl 20. It will cost me nothing, right?

L.E. It worked. So I will convert barracks back, anytime I’ll need the forge. Too bad they didn’t add some space for other buildings…

2 Likes

I’m so low on food all the time that I have no way to research anything at the Hunter’s Lodge. It is just sitting there. I won’t pay those crazy prices for resources, but if they had a special deal to fill food for 500 gems, that I would take in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Decisions, Decisions

It seems like the Devs want you to alternate between Hero Academy ( summon heroes/ troops ), Alchemy Lab ( slim chance at 4* ascension item you need) and Barracks ( level troops ).

With a builder available, it only takes 10 seconds to switch between an Advanced building and a regular building.

VIP PASS will often have an idle builder especially with upgrading mine, Harpoon crafting and class nodes consuming iron ( see notes).

Lab

I need emblems ( Forge- class quest nuking ), good 4* / 5* heroes ( Hero Academy- if we are lucky) and troops ( Barracks- still missing some 4*, but summoned my last 4* blue today) more than I need 4* ascension items, so I will not be building the Alchemy Lab ( unless it produces Emblems or gems ).

Notes

Click for notes

FIN

3 Likes

I suppose that once the building times get significantly longer, we will have enough iron and food again to build items, train troops etc.

Instead of special deals for food and iron, I would be happy if there were higher tier food/iron/resources quests with substantial amounts of food and iron that help us to research/craft/train faster.

7 Likes

I’m really being bottlenecked by food. Now I need another 708k to ascend Poseidon :confused: I need food for talents, for training, for researching.
I’m doing okay with iron right now since a lot of my build times are 4 days +

1 Like

Yeah, the food is a real problem right now. I had tears in my eyes doing the research for harpoons :smile:

2 Likes

Cookie Settings