đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v22) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: New Buildings, Titan Battle Items & September/October HOTM

Years? To max the advanced buildings in beta currently? They can’t be serious, even though I know you are. What about the other new buildings said to be coming in 2019? Are they just making a final update to keep everyone going for a decade?

4 Likes

Presumably the other new buildings will add extensive upgrade times too.

I wouldn’t say this is meant to keep everyone going for a decade, but I do suspect this is meant to address the Stronghold for a long while to come, while they turn their attention to other components of the game thereafter, like new Seasons and new features.

My presumption is that these will be the last new buildings we see for a long while once they’re all added.

The second builder will definitely be worth every penny. I’m still desperately hoping that the hero academy will let us convert duplicates. How many Horghall’s does one person need? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It’s worth pointing out that huge amounts of that upgrading is totally redundant.

If your goal was maxed hunters lodge that takes 129 days including all the research and required storage upgrades. You can half that with vip plus invites now give 120 days of free vip if you haven’t used any and can be bothered to farm alts.

Research also doesn’t use a builder. So you could have 2 advanced buildings upgrading while a third is researching.

The Advanced Training was one of our earlier concepts which has been later replaced by the upcoming Hero Academy. Unfortunately, it made it to the sneak peek by a mistake. My apologies for the confusion! We have now edited the Sneak Peek.

13 Likes

Can’t wait for version 22! Also excited for the hero academy; hoping to put my 7 Margaret’s to good use

Conga line?

20 dancing 5*

2 Likes

At her age? I don’t wanna pay for the hip replacements

3 Likes

I found, 15-9 normal giving 28-30 at a cost of 4 WE, an attractive deal.

oh yeah hadn’t thought about that, research is 32Âœ days so assuming you could fit that in perfectly while the builders are doing something else (I know you couldn’t really do this but to much effort to fully check the saving) you are down to finishing the main new stuff in 65 days with VIP

It wouldn’t be possible to fit in perfectly, like you said, since the research building needs to be upgraded. If you time it right though, you could still shave off a significant amount of time and maximize efficiency. I’m thinking upgrading the advanced iron storage would be a priority? Since the first level only takes 10 seconds, you want your iron to fill up fast. So higher storage?

Stronghold → Advance 1
9 x farm → Advanced 1
4 x food storage → 2 x Advanced 2 + 2 x Advanced 3
4 x mine → Advanced 2
5 x Iron storage → Advanced 1
Hunter’s Lodge → Advanced 10

made a mistake with the earlier numbers 129 days for it,

mines over iron storage because you will be very short on iron while doing this

Can you upgrade all buildings to their advanced form? I was under the impression that you could only do one of each???

The problem with Beta is the small pieces of the roadmap.

If a single Advanced House replaces upgrading 4x Houses from 21-25 then it actually helps F2P and players without VIP Pass.

But if a single Advanced House is all we get, as it is upgrading you miss your recruits production since that is the only building producing recruits.

my impression from beta is that that is just a testing restriction and wont be applied in the live game

So, upgrading Hunter’s Lodge also blocks crafting new items in it for like 586327956239 months right?

1 Like

Astonishingly long build times will be quite disheartening to some players.

Same question: is it possible to build more than one adv farm/mine/storages? Thanks

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, and I really appreciate you guys sharing this info.

Wanted to throw in my 2c about new build times. I think they are absolutely ridiculous and the main reason I even felt need to create this account because I couldn’t just sit quiet and watch this wreck.

I have now lost all faith in SGG ever making this game F2P or C2P friendly. All this work on new buildings etc just seems like a facade to hide the fact that spending money is the only way to enjoy this game to maximum. If Hunter’s lodge takes months to unlock all of it’s potential, IMO it’s safer to assume same for Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy.

On VIP, it took me roughly 4 months to get SH, 1x TC, and 1x Forge to level 20. Add at least 2-40 days of trainings to get a 5* from it. And then layer months of build and research to be able to convert your Thorne to something else. We don’t even know how it’ll work and what the odds are, but it already seems to look like this game doesn’t value your time at all and it’s just easier to summon and get heroes instead.

Also all of these upgrades require a 2nd builder. Because if one builder is stuck upgrading a building for 15 days, you wouldn’t be able to convert (go back and forth between forge and barracks) without 2nd builder. So another hint, these features aren’t really F2P friendly.

Also I have heard this argument float around multiple times that long build times etc are specifically structured in that fashion so it takes months and years for players to max something and they don’t get ‘bored’ with the game early. This is a fallacy and don’t agree with this line of reasoning at all. If you are looking for players to log into daily play the game more, waiting for something passive like build times isn’t gonna be that. You know what makes players log in daily? Something that actually they can actively participate in eg: map levels, Titans, raids, wars, tourney’s, events etc. Those are well thought out features/offerings that actually make people care about the game. As a developer, I can spot a band-aid fix when I see one, and long build times are just a band-aid fix.

I can also predict SGG’s response to such kind of feedback. “Please note x is a feature we are still developing (which is why we are being cautious as to not hand out powerful tool x too early)”. And I kinda hear my PM’s (Project Manager) voice here, “S since we don’t have a clue how well this feature will work, we’ll just release it in an unappealing manner that only few driven folk would be able to get it, and keep impact to NPS score to a small set of customers”.

I think at this point I’ve lost all hope of this game will ever not treat non-whales as 3rd rate citizens. Hate being a naysayer but all of these developments just seem like heading towards disappointment.

Thanks for listening. Peace out.

14 Likes