đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v22) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: New Buildings, Titan Battle Items & September/October HOTM

Actually it might be really fun if they they put a cap on the level
like any two or 1 star that is only at tier 1. Almost everyone would be playing with whatever food they had lying around.

1 Like

it’ll be fun if it comes with free space to save those heroes otherwise space is at a premium

1 Like

I participated in the 2* wars in Beta. The number of available Heroes was extremely limited and it did not seem to really matter what team you brought in on offense, the defense died quickly. 2* are much too weak to provide any real variance in the outcome.

That is why i did not participate. I actually signed up. Fought one battle and thought it was the dumbest idea ever. So i quit hitting

1 Like

It would be nice, if they add some better quests for high level players. Because right now the quests for items suck big time

Quest reward with minor mana and minor health, and 10 WE for 3 Arrows
 Seriously? :smiley: For 52 level player as me, these are just great rewards

4 Likes

It’s high time they introduced new Quests that

• have useful Loot worth spending the WE also for more advanced players
  • have a difficulty level that requires active playing even with strong teams

Please vote or post to support these ideas.

In particular compared to farming during Atlantis Rises the loot from most Quests is pretty useless. However, also true for the month it’s true that a Lv 50 player won’t spend a lot of WE for a few arrows, a little bit food or iron etc. Even most of the Lv 30 players won’t/shouldn’t

The upcoming stronghold updates are going to require large amounts of certain mats and maybe tons of food and iron. A quest for food/iron could be useful, but not the current tier I. Find crafting Mats III (or IV) would be perfect for those dragon parts to be used in the Hunter’s Lodge. And so on and so forth.

Therefore, I think the upcoming update would be a good opportunity for a complete renewal of the low-tier Quests (the rare ones and the class Quests are fine).

4 Likes

I updated the top post with the new crafting ingredients for Giant Harpoons, which have completely changed:

11 Likes

Thanks, @zephyr1 - it seems like the important thing to note here is probably to rein in usage of minor mana potions. Historically I have tended to convert all my large bones and leather strips to minor mana and then imbibe liberally. Guess I’ll have to change that up.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s definitely the impact — assuming the ingredients don’t change again.

I think they may change again - so people don’t stockpile based on beta
be interesting to see

3 Likes

It’s certainly possible, though they vastly increased the number of them players are likely to use from the first version to the second, which presumably accounts for the radical drop in ingredient rarity.

In the first version, one per Titan was sufficient to get Titan Parts in the loot drop.

In the new version, players in high level alliances might be using something like 5 or more per Titan in order to get more Titan Parts.

It’s very possible this new mechanic will change.

3 Likes

I don’t like large bones being one of the ingredients
 As someone already mentioned, small mana pots use most of those

Anyway, if you only need like 1 for each Titan, then I guess it’s fine

3 Likes

Absolutely useful and great format @zephyr1 thanks for your efforts on this, bookmarked so can link back and get into further and launch into the next Beta Beat! Awesome buddy!

4 Likes

Not sure if this has been answered or can but if one member of an alliance uses a harpoon does that mean titan parts will have the chance drop for all members in the alliance or does each member need to use one in order for parts to drop?

That actually just changed.

In the first release, Giant Harpoons and Titan Part drops were a solo process, where using a Harpoon meant you personally would get Titan Parts.

In the new version of Beta, each Titan has target number of Harpoons for the alliance to use collectively, based on its star level. At the first target, everyone will get some Titan Parts (even if they didn’t personally use any Harpoons), and at each higher target number, additional Titan Parts will drop.

Worth noting: this appears to be broken in Beta currently; the Titan Part drops seem to be happening regardless of targets achieved, and neither increasing nor decreasing based on targets achieved or missed. So testing of this is currently a bit confusing.

7 Likes

A feather, a tail, a egg and a shell from a mostly human looking Titan. Sounds Logical.

Btw. Beta Pictures are not allowed in this forum.

1 Like

@Kerridoc @zephyr1 @Garanwyn
Beta screenshots here

5 Likes

I really like this idea in theory, but in practice I suspect that personal harpoon use would have been better, for mid to low alliances anyway. It’s one thing in a very cohesive and highly active alliance at the top, but I think that in an alliance like mine not everyone would be using items. But maybe I am worrying about nothing and this will be solved by the collective harpoon requirement being tied to the titan level. Fingers crossed.

Also, RIP small mana pots.

1 Like

Guess they are sleeping
Maybe @Rook is up?

1 Like

Well
 ok
 I can not make small mana pots because large bones are now reserved for harpoons. I can not make regular mana pots because grimoire dust is the limiting ingredient for tornadoes. 
and I can not make tornadoes because there is still chance that crude iron will be needed for harpoons. Would not it be more convenient to just introduce another kind of ingredient exclusively for those harpoons? Otherwise, unless it is just common herbs, this will hurt other aspects of the game.

4 Likes