đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v22) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: New Buildings, Titan Battle Items & September/October HOTM

Barry, what the he!!?! This take is WAY too calm, measured, and reasonable. This is the internet sir, and I will not stand for it! Now how is that other guy supposed to keep arguing?!?!

7 Likes

I’ve been playing over a year but a few months short of that. Many in my alliance are over two years.

Being out of ham is normal and a constant struggle at this point.

Iron not so much. Most of us can’t use it crafting more timestops or tornados because we lack the mats. And we have no building upgrades to spend it on. My iron goes less than full only after I spend emblems

But when we can upgrade the stronghold past 20 we’ll have something to spend it on for a few months.

5 Likes

Dude.

This is the Internet.

Why are you even asking???

5 Likes

My understanding of this is that the attack and defense debuff are set as of when the target is hit.

So yes, for the larger attack and defense reductions, you need to hit the Titan while it’s stunned.

And for non-Titan usage, the lower amounts will always apply.

Bonus Follow-Up: devs confirmed that Boss Ursena in Season 2 is not intended to count as a Titan. (though that was said 4 weeks ago when Harpoons worked a little differently, so I’d be curious if the higher amounts apply when she’s stunned, which would presumably be a bug)

4 Likes

Probably won’t try that, I’m planning on completing the hard one within the next 24 hours. If Ursena do not beat me up :laughing:

Again, does anybody have a description of the new items?

1 Like

I tested titans as much as I could with the last adjustments before beta closed again, and if I didn’t use a harpoon at all, I didn’t get any parts. So I’m hoping that’s how it will work now in the version update.

Also watching in hopes that the build times are reduced, it seemed an almost universal complaint for most (not all) .

1 Like

@zephyr1

3 questions about harpoons

1. How many can you take with you

2. Is an attack missable? So should I wait till wu or ranvir is done?

3. Do you get more damage if an ally coordinates his harpoons within an hour? Or within 
 minutes?

Tx

you can take 5, as far as I know it’s like a bomb or axe and I didn’t see any misses
and I was using Ranvir. I’m not sure about more damage using at the same time as someone else, doesn’t seem it would, like any other battle item. Maybe testers who had more time to try that would know for sure.

Some are just beefed up versions of what we already have, such as time freeze and hurricane, and could very well be changed or adjusted from what we saw in beta.

1 Like

I added this to the top post:

14 Likes

Great!

This Panacea is surely a 5* item, wow. Titan Banner is a beefed up Kiril.

And CARPET CALTROPING!!!

This is perfect, it’s exactly what I was saying Barry.

The update is for the top alliances, screws the mixed alliances and completely ignores the casual alliances.
It’s the mixed alliances, who already have p2w players who are carrying casual players, which make up the majority of the game that suffer here. And the divide will continue to grow with updates like this. It’s not hard to see for anyone who can put themselves into the shoes of others. I’m very p2w, am in a comfortable alliance for myself, but I don’t test the game in beta for myself, I test it for everyone. I look at each update as if I was each different player. The p2w player who’s bored should rejoice! The p2w and c2p players in mixed alliances should realize they’re being forced to make a decision, and the f2p players are just being told yet again that they’re not wanted by the dev team.
The problem we as players run into is this: as usual, the people who refuse to see outside their safe zone can’t see what’s doing on(don’t care “doesn’t effect me”) and are who SG relies on to make these messed up updates be accepted. That’s the point. Just because you think the update doesn’t effect your safe zone doesn’t mean you should just be quiet and accept a crap product. That’s lazy. Like letting your dogs bark outside because it doesn’t bother you but everyone else in the neighborhood hates you. You don’t care cuz you’re oblivious and people are too nice to do what they should do and paint your house with eggs.

1 Like

This is not true, most beta complained about the same thing you did.

SG just decided to go this route. While I don’t know why, I do have my guesses. The original design was the harpoons were per player basis, you don’t use harpoons, you don’t get loot. Many people complained about how expensive harpoons were (they required 4 crude iron per harpoons – now they are cheaper to produce), so my guess is that SG was worry about ppl complaining about not having enough to make harpoons so they can’t get the new titan parts.
Then they switch to this new messed up design, and most of beta said this is was a worst designed

2 Likes

Zephyr didn’t tell you to be quiet. Several of your posts above contained personal attacks. That’s what he warned about.

For what it’s worth, I think you’d have a much easier time bringing people around to your point of view if you toned that stuff down a bit. You clearly know what you’re talking about, but when you come at people with insults while making your points, you’re more likely to incite defensive/combative responses.

11 Likes

Moderator’s Note:

I’ve briefly locked this topic so people can take a little time to cool down.

The community has a wide diversity of opinions, and each of us has different things that we love and hate about the game. It is possible to disagree strongly about whether a change is good or bad without either person arguing in bad faith or being some kind of a shill.

What is not ok is repeatedly attacking players who disagree with you, and then complaining about it when you’re asked multiple times to tone it down.

When we re-open this thread, please focus the discussion back on the new content and the changes, rather than on fellow players

15 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 26 minutes.

Just a quick question, in order to start working on sh21 and the new +advanced buildings, does your entire city have to be maxed all lvl 20 across the board? Can the new buildings only be built upon a maxed lvl 20 building? Or like a barracks the hunters Lodge can take up a craft lvl 17 slot for example?

Just to be clear, I do care about ftp and ctp players, which is why I’m in an active and growing alliance with those individuals. The only point I disputed that you made was the mass exodus that you’ve implied will happen
 I simply stated that they (p2w) have plenty of reason to do so already and this isn’t likely a breaking point as items for titans don’t amount to much
 but in all games like this (and life in general), people want to be around folks that put as much time and effort into progress as they do themselves, for some reason ctp and ftp are being lumped into the idea of lack of effort and they shouldn’t be. So long as my team gives effort, makes hits and grows, we’re all good, if they don’t, then they are shown the door. I’ve kicked lazy p2w and lazy ctp but it’s never been about the money they spent or didn’t. I think we can come to a mutual understanding if you’d give some effort and stop trying to insult me and simply talk about your real concerns. If your concern is the gap is growing, sure, there is a conversation to be had there, and I’m happy to hear it and listen to solutions as opposed to just hearing the problem. Hope we can get off to a better understanding moving forward.

1 Like