šŸ§Ŗ The Beta Beat (v22) [NOW RELEASED] ā€“ Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: New Buildings, Titan Battle Items & September/October HOTM

As F2P, Iā€™d take that all day, every day.

4 Likes

Classic 4* / 5*

I have been playing since 2017-September.

I just got Boril and I still lack Cyprian.

So I am holding on to at least two of every Classic 4* / 5* hero due to ā€œskinsā€

Dev Tim said:

Only two

I might jinx myself, but I cannot see having more than two Cyprian, Li Xiu, Boril, Kashhrek, and Colen.

4* heroes are great for leveling heroes at level 50, 60 or level 70 where the food costs are really high.

2 Likes

Something has to happen for thatā€¦

Or thatā€¦

4 Likes

Right on and glad if they do that for us really. I would hope theyā€™d throw in a few S2 4* for a chance for you as well.

When is this upgrade supposed to happen?

The first round of building upgrades are expected with the release of Version 22, which should be relatively soon:

The Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy will be later this year:

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to trade dupe of Ameonna, Danzaburo, and Gobbler into Wilbur :fishing_pole_and_fish:

And Thoth-Amun for Gravemaker/Hel/Delilah :star_struck:

2 Likes

Rolling the RNGā€¦

Congrats on your shiny new Sumitomo and Musashi!

2 Likes

Orā€¦ trade a Danzaburo and get a shiny Danzaburo, lol.

9 Likes

Iā€™ll keep 1 Sumitomo, still have 2 more 4* Atlantis to fish for Wilburā€¦ :grin:

Musashi = REROLL :rofl:

3 Likes

It seems plausible that it could work that way ā€” toss a hero (or more, perhaps) into the Hero Academy laundry machine along with a pile of resources, let it spin for some long period of time, and out pops some new heroā€¦which you might toss right back in to spin again.

Iā€™m very interested to see what they come up with, since anything even vaguely along those lines would be a radically new premise in the game.

Both the Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy seem like they could perhaps end up using mechanics like that ā€” though Iā€™m hoping the Alchemy Lab is more formulaic for at least some things, and isnā€™t just a giant RNG shuffler for Crafting Ingredients and Ascension Mats.

4 Likes

If you can get ascension mats out of it, there is no way it wonā€™t be RNG. As annoying as getting that one material you really need can be, I can appreciate the long term. If we all had all of our heroes maxed, what would be left to do? Iā€™d be glad for a chance at a good ascension material and a definite way for crafting materials, but I really doubt theyā€™ll let us craft 4* ascension mats with a guaranteed result.

I have really high hopes for the hero academy. I hope that makes it into beta soon. How have the Harpoons been in Beta??

2 Likes

I agree, I think Ascension Mats are likely to have an RNG component ā€” though getting them to begin with has RNG, so I donā€™t think they need to be super heavy handed in how much RNG happens when converting them.

Iā€™d like not to put in a Telescope and get out Tall Boots, for instance.

Keep in mind that even building the Alchemy Lab is likely to take over a year ā€” with VIP ā€” so itā€™s not like it would suddenly radically alter the pace of the game to let players swap around some Ascension Mats after a year or more of gameplay.

Iā€™m actually at the point where I have a surplus of most Ascension Mats relative to heroes to use them on. I wouldnā€™t mind trading a pile of 4* AM for a 5* hero, even one from the TC20 realm.

Iā€™d also be equally interested in turning a 4* AM into a couple pairs of Fine Gloves, Trap Tools, or Hidden Blades.

For Crafting Ingredients, I donā€™t think itā€™s crazy that RNG could be reduced or eliminated.

It doesnā€™t seem game-breaking to me to make some way to turn unwanted items into things like Firestone, Metal Ores, or Crude Iron.

Well they seem to work as intended now on Titans, at least.

Thereā€™s been a fair amount of feedback expressing concerns with the current approach to how they work and Titan Parts drop, though.

Unless the developers disagree with all of that feedback, I would imagine we may see further refinement to how it works, the Targets required for Titans to drop Titan Parts, and/or how many Titan Parts are dropped.

So Iā€™m expecting that another round of testing is likely before final release, unless they decide to run with the current system.

There was a new update to Beta today, but it was mostly changes to how the Featured Alliance Message works, which theyā€™ve been refining in this Beta cycle, and some small bug fixes.

3 Likes

I doubt it can be the other way aroundā€¦ I have hundreds of farmable 3* AMā€¦ :thinking:

I hope they donā€™t make it than unfarmables can turn to farmables.

2 Likes

How about the usual trendā€¦farmable guaranteed with x% chance of getting non farmable, I just hope not, let farmable produce farmable and non farmable, non farmable; as it is written " like begat like" :blush:.

Oh, this is a little scary. Youā€™ve been playing a year longer than me, and thereā€™s still a classic 4-star you donā€™t have? The list of ones Iā€™m missing is: Boldtusk, Kiril, Kashrek, and Chao. Kashrek and Chao I could live without, but the prospect of going another year or more without Boldtusk or Kiril is depressing.

Dang. Good point. I forgot about skins. I was kind of thinking that, when I go to level Li Xiu, Iā€™d feed one dup + 9 feeders (maybe 2 or 3 times) to increase the chance of her special increasing early on. Alternatively, I could just feed a couple of the dupes to Poseidon, who is now up to 4^48. What do you think is more effective?

I wouldnā€™t worry too much about maxing the specials. Once the hero is maxed, each additional feeder you give them provides a 10x greater chance to level up the special. (So 10 1-star feeders = 100% chance to level the special.)

Also, Iā€™m not sure how long, but @Gryphonknight did quit the game at one point, and came back later. That may help explain how he still doesnā€™t have Cyprian.

ETA: 10 1-star feeders of the same color; I think off-color feeders would be 50%

Yeah, I knew that was the case, but I like to max specials early so I donā€™t have to save up feeders for a 10-feed. I can just feed them as they come in and save roster space.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Iā€™ll just add, too, that Iā€™ve never maxed a 4 and had the special not maxed by the time I was done. Itā€™s only ever been a problem with 3s.

2 Likes

Me, either. Itā€™s really just about roster space for me.

1 Like