đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v22) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: New Buildings, Titan Battle Items & September/October HOTM

It wouldn’t be possible to fit in perfectly, like you said, since the research building needs to be upgraded. If you time it right though, you could still shave off a significant amount of time and maximize efficiency. I’m thinking upgrading the advanced iron storage would be a priority? Since the first level only takes 10 seconds, you want your iron to fill up fast. So higher storage?

Stronghold → Advance 1
9 x farm → Advanced 1
4 x food storage → 2 x Advanced 2 + 2 x Advanced 3
4 x mine → Advanced 2
5 x Iron storage → Advanced 1
Hunter’s Lodge → Advanced 10

made a mistake with the earlier numbers 129 days for it,

mines over iron storage because you will be very short on iron while doing this

Can you upgrade all buildings to their advanced form? I was under the impression that you could only do one of each???

The problem with Beta is the small pieces of the roadmap.

If a single Advanced House replaces upgrading 4x Houses from 21-25 then it actually helps F2P and players without VIP Pass.

But if a single Advanced House is all we get, as it is upgrading you miss your recruits production since that is the only building producing recruits.

my impression from beta is that that is just a testing restriction and wont be applied in the live game

So, upgrading Hunter’s Lodge also blocks crafting new items in it for like 586327956239 months right?

1 Like

Astonishingly long build times will be quite disheartening to some players.

Same question: is it possible to build more than one adv farm/mine/storages? Thanks

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, and I really appreciate you guys sharing this info.

Wanted to throw in my 2c about new build times. I think they are absolutely ridiculous and the main reason I even felt need to create this account because I couldn’t just sit quiet and watch this wreck.

I have now lost all faith in SGG ever making this game F2P or C2P friendly. All this work on new buildings etc just seems like a facade to hide the fact that spending money is the only way to enjoy this game to maximum. If Hunter’s lodge takes months to unlock all of it’s potential, IMO it’s safer to assume same for Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy.

On VIP, it took me roughly 4 months to get SH, 1x TC, and 1x Forge to level 20. Add at least 2-40 days of trainings to get a 5* from it. And then layer months of build and research to be able to convert your Thorne to something else. We don’t even know how it’ll work and what the odds are, but it already seems to look like this game doesn’t value your time at all and it’s just easier to summon and get heroes instead.

Also all of these upgrades require a 2nd builder. Because if one builder is stuck upgrading a building for 15 days, you wouldn’t be able to convert (go back and forth between forge and barracks) without 2nd builder. So another hint, these features aren’t really F2P friendly.

Also I have heard this argument float around multiple times that long build times etc are specifically structured in that fashion so it takes months and years for players to max something and they don’t get ‘bored’ with the game early. This is a fallacy and don’t agree with this line of reasoning at all. If you are looking for players to log into daily play the game more, waiting for something passive like build times isn’t gonna be that. You know what makes players log in daily? Something that actually they can actively participate in eg: map levels, Titans, raids, wars, tourney’s, events etc. Those are well thought out features/offerings that actually make people care about the game. As a developer, I can spot a band-aid fix when I see one, and long build times are just a band-aid fix.

I can also predict SGG’s response to such kind of feedback. “Please note x is a feature we are still developing (which is why we are being cautious as to not hand out powerful tool x too early)”. And I kinda hear my PM’s (Project Manager) voice here, “S since we don’t have a clue how well this feature will work, we’ll just release it in an unappealing manner that only few driven folk would be able to get it, and keep impact to NPS score to a small set of customers”.

I think at this point I’ve lost all hope of this game will ever not treat non-whales as 3rd rate citizens. Hate being a naysayer but all of these developments just seem like heading towards disappointment.

Thanks for listening. Peace out.

14 Likes

Damn, and I thought 7 days of research for a free 5* was too much
 32 days, what were they thinking
 A new player would quit in less than that time lol.

3 Likes

That 32 days is the total for all 10 new items, the majority of people will never use half the items anyway so will be much less than this.

The build time are completely reasonable and in now way require people to have a 2nd builder

This game was the same from the beginning: either you pay or you are patient. Anyway if you upgrade your stronghold to level 20, you cannot be a new player.

Ok, but combined times or not, 8 and a half days for lvl 21 stronghold + upgrade time for other buildings + research time? And building time after that is only gonna get longer, am I right? It’s crazy, SG is underestimating how easily people get bored of a game and drop it.

Imo this will only add to the frustration of new players. The new buildings are cool and all that but this game is particularly slow to give new players incentive to keep building and playing. There’s not even a decent guide built in game to explain why they should rush their strongholds to lvl 20 and beyond, or why it’s gonna be fun to wait for literal years

Of course I will upgrade every new building I get. I’ve been playing since december and in a few days I’ll get my first training camp giving me 5* heroes (hopefully). My other buildings aren’t maxed tho, I’m gonna need a few more months for that. And even more months for the new buildings. Not many people would stay for that long imo. The only reason I made it this far is thanks to the forums and all the good info here.

I’m gonna drop a badly done statistic here lol, based on my clan’s members behavior: I am the only person in my clan of 27 members who researches about new features on the forums (one of the few persons who speaks english there). 5 or 6 of my friends usually listen to me but follow my advice about 50% of the time. The rest of the clan don’t follow any advice but complain they’re not getting anywhere by building stuff and they’re not getting the heroes they want. Many of them either quit or stop being active players. The few newbies we get stop playing after a month cuz they get bored of the grind. We tell them they’ll get even better heroes and better stuff than us if they wait but it just doesn’t work.

I imagine the same thing happens on a large scale. 5% of people probably read the forums, they know this game is about patience. 20% of people knows things cuz they heard that info somewhere. 75% of people are just frustrated cuz the game is too damn slow

This game stopped being that obscure puzzle game made by a small company in Finland. Millions of people play it now. SG needs to rethink their plan of not letting people get to the endgame too fast. It’s counterproductive to add more waiting time for ‘exciting new buildings’ that will never get finished by most players.

Just my opinion btw.

4 Likes

I’m having a hard time getting excited for any of these new buildings, I just don’t see what need they fill, but I guess time will tell, just seems like an awful lot for a bit better titan hits (just to still end up with none of the loot you were wanting, looking for).

1 Like

NOOOOOOOO! plz have better training. and more space/area for more buildings.
more space & buildings could’ve ease the pain of hitting the wall of maxed 20 buildings.

3 Likes

This is very helpful, keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Those VIP sales are the best for these reasons. I’ve been saving up my chump change precisely for when we get another VIP offer. Whenever and wherever it is, it’ll be a timesaver for sure.

1 Like

What does it cost to train recruits in the advanced house?

Nothing. You don’t train them. They generate over time in the same way that food and iron does.

2 Likes

i’m grateful for all the info here and i hope you continue to share. i have to say i’m not looking forward to these improvements at all. @Sid1207 said everything and i won’t repeat it. at least i won’t be dissapointed when they arrive.

maybe i will upgrade some stuff very slowly, just beacuse i have close to max stronghold, but as a mid to high level player (a week or so away from 2 rainbow sets of maxed 5* and 3 maxed rainbow sets of 4*) i don’t see the benefit of all this waiting time. i understand the grind for emblems but waiting for builder to finish or research is litterally the most boring part of the game and seeing it extended to such ridiculous levels kills all my motivation to pursue it honestly.

if anything it makes me appreciate what i have more and on the same token i feel i would rather stagnate than wait around endlessly to be able to up my titan game for example through such means. and if i stagnate i probably won’t feel like sticking around forever too. ah well.

1 Like