🧪 The Beta Beat (v22) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: New Buildings, Titan Battle Items & September/October HOTM

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

UPDATE: Version 23 has started Beta

=> Click Here for the Newer Version of Beta Beat (v23)

UPDATE: Stronghold 21 and the Advanced Buildings are Now Live!

=> 🏗 Stronghold 21, Hunter's Lodge, Titan Battle Items & Advanced Buildings FAQs

UPDATE: Version 22 Has Been Released (Release Notes)

Note: This is the second thread in this series.

For information on the Version 21 Beta, see: :test_tube: The Beta Beat (v21) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What’s Going on in Beta (an experiment)

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’m aiming to help centralize it for those who are interested.

I’m not sure yet how this thread (or probably series of threads, eventually) will work yet — but I’d like to start by giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

For actionable recommendations based on current Beta, please see the “Important Recommendations Based on Current Beta” section below.

Titan Parts

Discussion thread: premature; please discuss here for now

Click for Mostly Useless Information

There are new crafting items obtained from Titan loot. More on that below as it relates to the Hunter’s Lodge.

To anticipate some questions:

• There are currently 10 of them (this all might change): Heart (4*), Skull (4*), Spine (3*), Tail (3*), Egg (2*), Eye (2*), Plume (2*), Beak (1*), Fang (1*), Shell (1*)

• No, I don’t know the drop rates, or relationship to Loot Tiers

• No, I don’t know if all Titans can drop any of them, or if some might be specific to certain Titans

• No, I don’t know if they augment or replace slots on Titans

Titan Battle Items

THIS IS FROM BETA, AND MAY BE DIFFERENT IN THE LIVE GAME.

Name Description
Giant Harpoon One enemy gets 750 damage and -20% attack for 6 turns. If the enemy is a stunned Titan they get -25% attack and -30% defense.

If the enemy is a Titan and enough Harpoons are used the Titan will drop Titan Parts. The amount dropped increases with the amount of Harpoons thrown.
Titan Banner All Heroes get +50% attack and +50% defense for 3 turns.
Titanium Shield The target and nearby Heroes reflect status effects and 100% of the damage back to the attacker for 4 turns.
Panacea All Heroes regain 500 HP, are cured of status ailments and gain +30% attack and +30% defense for 3 turns.
Invisibility Potion The target is invisible to the enemy for 3 turns.
Valkyrie’s Bane The target gets -35% defense and a further -5% decrease every turn over 5 turns.
Hunter’s Caltrops The target gets 750 damage. Dispels buffs from the target.
Hurricane The target and nearby Heroes get 100% mana and the board is reshuffled.
Scroll of Alteration 5 random shields are transformed to match the target’s element.
Time Freeze All enemies lose 100% mana and have their normal attack delayed and they can’t gain mana for 3 turns.

Stronghold Upgrade – Part 1

There are several building upgrades now being tested in Beta: Stronghold Level 21, Advanced Farm, Advanced Mine, Advanced House, Advanced Food Storage, Advanced Iron Storage, and Hunter’s Lodge (NOTE: Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy are NOT yet in Beta)

Discussion Thread: premature; please discuss here for now

• Stronghold Level 21 – this unlocks Advanced Farm, Advanced Mine, Advanced House, Advanced Food Storage, Advanced Iron Storage, and Hunter’s Lodge

• Hunter’s Lodge – this brand new building can be built by converting a Forge, Mine, Farm, or Training Camp (not recommended), and allows for crafting a variety of NEW Titan Battles Items, using the new Titan Parts. As this has only been in Beta for hours, I’m going to hold off on documenting the Titan Battle Item details and costs, as it’s too early to know how reliable that information will be.

• Advanced Farm, Advanced Mine – these upgrades to an existing Farm or Mine make it possible to upgrade to Advanced Level 10 and eventually increase production. They work much like a Barracks, but converting specifically an existing Farm/Mine, and then being able to upgrade the Converted building.

• Advanced Iron Storage, Advanced Food Storage – these are fairly self-explanatory, and are similarly building conversions with further upgrading to eventually allow increased storage.

• Advanced House – this is another storage upgrade, with the added twist that the Advanced House produces a small number of Recruits each hour. In the initial Beta, this caps out at 5 Recruits per hour at the maxed Level 10, and you’re limited to only 1 Advanced House — so it remains to be seen how substantial a source of Recruits this will ultimately be.

NOTE: Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy are NOT included in this Beta, but are mentioned as “Coming Soon.”

Click for Very Little Available Information on Alchemy Lab/Hero Academy Available in Current Beta

Though the Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy are NOT included in this Beta, they are however noted in the Beta app as “Coming Soon” as options for Converting an existing Forge, Mine, Farm, or Training Camp (not recommended). I am unsure what level Forge/Mine/Farm/Training Camp is required for this option to appear, as all of mine are maxed to Level 20, so I can’t test.

The Alchemy Lab is listed as requiring Stronghold 23, and the Hero Academy is listed as requiring Stronghold 25. Only Stronghold 21 is currently available as an upgrade option in Beta, so I can’t provide any insights into upgrade times or materials for Stronghold levels beyond that.

The icons for the Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy in Beta appear to me to be the same or very simillar layouts to those shown in the 2019 Sneak Peek thread, but with the colors altered, and somewhat more in keeping with existing building designs. As these buildings aren’t even in Beta yet, it’s very possible their visual designs will change.

New HOTM (Heroes of the Month) Being Tested

September – :fire: Fire – Nadnog

Discussion Thread: :test_tube: Is There Early Information on the September 2019 HOTM (Nadnog)?

Please remember, hero stats, mana speed, and special skill change EXTREMELY often in Beta.

Don’t get attached to these details — they’re provided for general guidance and insight only.

October – :leaves: Nature – Kingston

Discussion Thread: :test_tube: Is There Early Information on the October 2019 HOTM (Kingston)?

Please remember, hero stats, mana speed, and special skill change EXTREMELY often in Beta.

Don’t get attached to these details — they’re provided for general guidance and insight only.

Important Recommendations Based on Current Beta

Upgrade Your Iron Storage If Your Stronghold is at Level 20

If your base is otherwise maxed, and you haven’t upgraded your Iron Storage, now is the time to do so. I wouldn’t recommend prioritizing this if you have more pressing upgrades like Training Camps or a Forge, but if you’re entirely or mostly done with upgrades other than Iron Storage, then I’d recommend you start catching up on that.

The Stronghold 21 Upgrade in Beta is currently set to require 2108K of Iron, which means you’ll need all 5 Iron Storage to Level 19, or 2 at Level 18 and 3 at Level 20.

REMINDER: This is subject to change — but it’s clear that increased Iron Storage will be needed for upcoming building upgrades, starting with Stronghold Level 21 and beyond.

So, in upshot: don’t ignore Iron Storage upgrades when the time comes for them.

(Hat tips to @DracoLovesRi and @Liliac for catching important typos in my initial post)

Be Mindful of Using Fine Steel, Oil, and Crude Iron Large Bones (and, to a lesser extent, Common Herbs and Clean Cloth, since most players have those in abundance)

In a sharp reminder that everything in Beta is subject to change, the second Beta version COMPLETELY changed the crafting recipe for Giant Harpoons.

These items are currently used for crafting Giant Harpoons in the first second version of Beta — THIS MIGHT CHANGE, but it’s worth being cautious about not burning through these ingredients if you don’t need the items you’re crafting with them.

(Hat tip to @Wharflord for pointing this out for inclusion)

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

63 Likes

Also, don’t use up your stock of fine steel, crude iron, and oil on unnecessary battle items. They might be much more valuable in the near future!

10 Likes

Iron storage 4x 18 and 1x 20 is storage capacity 2035k.

5 Likes

Thanks for the catch, that was supposed to be 2x and 3x, fixed!

3 Likes

Currently we can only have one Barracks building. How is it gonna work? Will we be able to have more Barracks so we can convert one or would we need to convert back every time we wanted to train troops?

6 Likes

Added, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry I put a post on the last thread and it and the replies should be moved here

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/the-beta-beat-v21-now-released-sharing-the-big-picture-on-whats-going-on-in-beta-an-experiment/104927/85?u=epigenetic

3 Likes

It’s a Forge, typo that neither I nor @Garanwyn caught. Fixed, thanks! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We just got a new beta build and I will let others give the details. I am very happy that new buildings are coming…Hunter’s Lodge, Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy (the latter two NOT in this beta so don’t ask). The Hunter’s Lodge is an upgraded craft building that allows you to craft special very powerful items to use on titans.

I am posting this now because if they keep the same requirements there is a bottleneck in materials as expected. In order to craft these items, you need to use a harpoon on a titan so that it will drop titan parts. Therefore, the limiting factor will be harpoons. In this version, each harpoon is crafted with 2 fine steel, 5 oils, and 5 crude iron. Some of us may be low in some of these items (oil shortages are common) so I suggest you farm for these items and build up a stock!

33 Likes

HUNTER’S LODGE??!!!? THAT RULES!!
20 Harpoons

3 Likes

@Epigenetic, are we getting more land for these buildings or are they built over our existing buildings?

3 Likes

Really? I have oil on masse, but crude iron on the other side… some items need too much of it.

2 Likes

It is over existing buildings. The Hunter’s Lounge is a conversion from a level 20 craft building (edited)

8 Likes

So, a Level 20 Forge has to get the upgrade to a Hunter Lounge?

Everyone has different shortages depending on where they farm and play style. I have 1800 crude iron and 1400 fine steel and 500 oil but no lumber and few midnight roots. Some folks are short oil and others iron

7 Likes

Yes you convert the building as you do with troop buildings. Actually you may be able to convert a lower level forge but all mine are maxed so I just did it without thinking You can convert the Hunter’s Lodge back to the forge. The Hunter’s Lodge only crafts special Titan items and needs to be upgraded to level 10 to be fully functional

9 Likes

Thanks @Epigenetic :slight_smile:
I have one open plot left so I can start a third forge
My builder will have to come out of retirement, but that’s his problem! :grin:

6 Likes

Hunter’s Lodge

Just like Barracks, new buildings - Hunter’s lodge, Alchemy Lab ( rumored to be currently missing ), and Hero Academy ( rumored to be currently missing ) - will be built over an existing building that is not a storage ( food, iron, recruits ).

If you have too many training camps ( yes that is me laughing ) or too much iron production or too much food production or too many forges, you can still turn a regular mine or a regular farm or a training camp or a forge into a Barracks, Hunter’s Lodge, Alchemy Lab or Hero Academy ( the last two rumored to be currently missing ).

But if you have two builders you can remove it when you do not need it.

Advanced Mine and Farm- Production

Rumor says instead of giving use more mines, or farms, you will be able to build and Advanced version. Limit of 1 Advanced Mine and 1 Advanced Farm. So your Stronghold production can go up, without adding more land. But the advanced version can only be built on the regular version. Example Advanced Mine on a regular mine.

Advanced Storage Buildings- Storage

Rumor says instead of giving us more storage, you will be able to build an Advanced version. Limit of 1 Advanced Food Storage, 1 Advanced Iron Storage, 1 Advanced House. So your Stronghold storage can go up, without adding more land. But the advanced version can only be built on the regular version. Example Advanced House on a regular house.

17 Likes

Thanks @ gryphonknight!

but I really want our castle to expand!
There are two bridges leaving the castle I neeeed to follow them!!

14 Likes