The Average Players Need Some Love

Do you use any external chat app? Not coming off too stalker-ish, hopefully, but it’d be fun to chat off of here, just before the flags and bans start flying. No worries though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ll allow you guys to continue your conversation, but I believe there is a term for what you referenced early in your post: “rubberbanding”. Happens often in many mostly unrealistic type racing games.

Oh, you lapped that guy 3 times? Suddenly his car is capable of going 1000 mph and he’s right behind you!

Sadly? Not to go all conspiracy theory here, but I actually do believe SG uses that to some degree. Look at all the posts from people complaining that they lost a raid to someone 1000 TP below theirs because of bad boards. And vice versa. I do believe there is an element of “rubberbanding” in this game, though I’m still not sure exactly what triggers it. Sometimes I raid someone much stronger than myself and I go in thinking “there is no way I’m going to win this…” and the boards literally hand me the win with very little effort on my part.

Other times it’s the opposite. No matter what I do, I have zero chance of winning.

Not stalkerish at all. Stalkerish would be if you were fighting with me. I enjoy friendly conversation.

I do have Discord. TGW#5044.

So, league play, where the top 10 go up and the bottom 10 go down; which is kind of a fantastic idea. This is already roughed in for the main Raid leaderboard, with Bronze → Diamond, so it is certainly not out of the realm of possibility. The disadvantage is that it really doesn’t do a whole lot in terms of “snowballing”, which is a significant part of the OP. As an advantage, you get to feel like a bigger fish in your littler pond.

I really wish they’d put in an “Adamantium” tier above Diamond, though, and stretch out the Elo system a bit to broaden the gap. The edge of Platinum is really crowded.

2 Likes

You’ve let them get to your head. You’re on target.

This reminds me of Magic: The Gathering, where the added complexity of each new expansion made it incredibly hard to foresee how new cards would interact with the established base. Every expansion inevitably had to have some many, many rules alterations and clarifications made for it. E&P has, to some degree, already hit this problem, along with the power inflation that is endemic to the collectible genre.

M:TG solved this in an official capacity by phasing out older expansions; they became illegal for most tournament play. If you wanted to play privately with whatever, of course, you could; but WotC, and TSR after it explicitly disavowed any notion of “fairness” if you did so. SGG can’t do this, and I think this will eventually be the undoing of E&P, as their business model is predicated on NEVER EVER letting go of Season 1.

Super on topic! If this were true, that would absolutely be in favour of the so-called average player over the top player.

Now, you know I’m not one for conspiracy either, but I can’t help but feel you’re right. Case in point: I retry Raids. Mathematically, I know it’s foolish, but I don’t give a rolling rat’s donut hole about my Trophies. Consequently, I’m more than happy to retry, retry again. And I don’t keep track, but I’m willing to wager any significant portion of my anatomy (hey @Suzanne0905, you started this!) that the number of 3rd try victories far outstrips the number of final-try defeats. Often, that third try is ludicrously easy.

The intrepid scientist retreats from the Land of Superstition and heads for home. “Nice place to visit,” he says to himself as he leaves, “they’re not so different from me. But I wouldn’t want to live there.” :laughing:

1 Like

I just about died laughing, here. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Wow, people really think all to alliance players have every single hero? Jeez

Top 50 alliance here, 7dc. A few of us don’t have telluria. Most of us don’t have Finley or jabber. We have f2p players, we have players that spend less than $20 a month.

Tired of not winning? There’s over 1 million players in the game, what do you expect.

2 Likes

And there’s the rub. I 100% believe you. I’m gonna go back to hockey, here.

You guys are, for want of a better word, pros. We’re mostly “A Pool” rec league. That’s me, certainly, and it sounds like the OP is, too.

No, I don’t imagine every pro team has a Crosby, Ovechkin, or Markstrom clone, although it sure looks like it from here, because we face them all the bloody time. What we’re kind of shooting for here, is not to be injected with super-mega-star steroids… we just want to play against people in our league, and maybe go to the bulletin board by the front door and be like “Yo, we beat Bob’s Lightning Cats and Alice’s Purple Snow. We’re in second place!”

And maybe, also, to get a little sponsorship. The pro teams have money flying all over, you get gear for free, just for winning games with the already amazing gear you’ve got.

We don’t need a multi-million dollar deal, we’ll keep wearing our secondhand K-Mart specials. But a new stick every now and again would be nice, because they wear out and break. Like, maybe a fancy graphite one? Just every so often? A lucky stick to treasure for always?

2 Likes

Hey! You found a pic from my basic training platoon! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m not going to pretend that I can prove anything, because I can’t. But I’ve been playing for a while now, and it does seem to me like:

If you lose enough times in a row, eventually you get a magical “pity” board where everything goes your way and you win without even trying.

If you win enough times in a row, eventually your boards turn so sour that you couldn’t kill a level 1 Aife if your life depended on it.

Have a read of this thread about the application process, SG normally open applications towards the end of each year.

Oi @Suzanne0905. Eu nunca gastei com esse jogo. Mas comecei há 6 meses. Tenho cinco grupos 5* somente, fico frustrado nas convocações, mas jogo pela diversão. Claro, quero ganhar é evoluir sempre, porém quando não se tem tanta ambição, o jogo fica mais leve. Sou um jogador bem fraco ainda.

1 Like

Every single hero? No. But majority vanilla? I seriously doubt it.
And that, I think, was the OP point.

Just stop spending, truth is the more “strong” you get whatever that means the more you will get matched with people that have spent money soo at that point is either enjoy getting destroyed or spend more money to keep up

1 Like

Are you sure? We have f2p players, the op spends 5x what i do. So my point is the op idea of ppl in top alliance means you are a big spender or have many of the best heroes is ridiculous.
Our 2nd best war hitter is a f2p player. Another f2p is regularly in top 5 in titan average scores.
Being in a top alliance just means that you can hang with the top players either though spending, hard work, or skills

1 Like

I believe you.
But for the sake of transparency, there should be a disclosure if it includes any heavy spender who switched to f2p.

We have 100% f2p that never spent. We have one that has spent a total of $15 for the valentine deals, which is basically the same.

That person who is our 2nd best war hitter, guess what? He has mostly s1 for the majority of his 5*. His was tank is elk, plain elk not costume

Me personally? Pov and vip. Before pov came, i also brought the 99 cent deals. So again, the op idea of top alliance members are all big spenders is absurd

1 Like

Good to know. :+1:
I know one of your f2p players, and am jealous of his Hel.

:joy::joy::joy::joy: haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The mean player is probably very skewed compared to the median player.

2 Likes