🧙 The Art of War – Top 100 Alliances Data Review **Data in Post 15 updated 8-27-2021**

TOP 100 ALLIANCE DATA ANALYSIS

So… data! My tracking is done with the top 100 alliances because that’s all I can see. It’s not intended to be “elitist.” But understanding the TOP also helps to explain for the masses and see how the changes SG makes affects the community as a whole. @Zombies and I have been tracking war scores for the better part of a year now with a 2 month break when SG increased the War Penalties Cap from 10 to 20 on November 29th, 2019 1. Picked it up again once the first alliances reached CAP in the middle of January 2020.

**Please vote for this idea so that this manual process can be “easier!”

War scores are tracked for alliances with a full 30-man roster so it compares apples to apples. Side benefit – shows alliances that are chronically not at 30-man roster (purposefully?) :thinking:

I track any alliance that has hit the top 100 that has a war score over 134K full (30 members). Right now I’m tracking 111 alliances so there has to be a cutoff somewhere.

If an alliance is below 30 for 5 wars they come off my list until they are full and over 134K again. And, of course, frequent name changes can throw me off… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This is by no means intended to be a “perfect” system as it is still very manual on a dynamic process. War scores and alliances are captured at a “point in time” and not reassessed throughout the war break period between war end and the next matchmaking unless there is an outlier that I need to revisit. As an example, I capture the score at 30 members. Two situations may occur:

1. The alliance loses a member after I record the score and actually end up warring at 29 members. I don’t notice and may record a “Cap Win” even though they didn’t war at 30 (A win at 29 is NOT a CAP win ethically)
  2. The alliance is at 30 but has a member opted out - will appear as a loss to me sometimes if the alliance actually won their previous war. Their score went up ~2500 for win but goes down ~5000 for opted out player so appears to go down ~2500 = loss. I can sometimes “catch” this within next battle or two if score deviates more than expected with a win/loss

Plan is to update this post on a monthly basis with updated rankings for those interested.

Legend

UPDATED AS OF September 28, 2020
Top 50 Alliances by # CAP Wins since May 1st:

Top 50 Alliances by CAP score (highest score they have achieved to this point):

Top 50 Alliances by last 10 war average:

Enjoy!
Chili Transparant #MustHaveGottenLucky!

23 Likes