The answer is already in the game

Good luck @Rook - hope it works out for you. Being tight-fisted on game spend is a good thing.

I decided in the end I’d take a punt. I need a backup for my Purple (Rigard). I have no options when faced with strong yellow, and would like to swap healing for attack for map farming. So here’s holding thumbs.

Will still only buy when gems are about half price (if at all)… and I will still balk (probably more and more) each time.

Let’s compare results when I finally spend those gems in game (I’m waiting for Blues). :wink:

I’m in that middle tier where I have a competitive team with some holes in it (no 4* purples, only 1 blue, but two or more of each other color). I’m probably in the mix to purchase the gem deal given that at this time. But when I get to 2 of each 4* I’ll probably stop spending, again, to everyone’s point, not what they should want. The other thing that will give me pause is when I get to TC20. I’m about to start TC19 so I know I probably won’t see it until Xmas, but still, the incentive goes down even further at that stage because in theory I can get these people potentially.

I can tell you that the trainer tools shop item has been good to me (the one with all kinds of stuff that’s 250 gems on the bottom layer). I’ve cleaned it out twice (eg all 10 of them for 2500 gems) and each time gotten 4 of the colored ascension items (warm capes, hidden blades, trap tools) + a compass, the 2nd time I got 5+compass. For buying gems on deals, think it ended up being around $15 of spend for those items. Of course it’s only helpful if you need hidden blades, warm capes, and trap tools.

The 500 gem color specific shop item that you can buy 6 times, I stay away from.

1 Like

Hey Rook - good outcome on my part. Got my 1st 5* on my 2nd pull for purple.

Even left me a number of gems to go fishing for a backup for my Red. (I rewarded the Devs for my good luck by dipping in to the Halloween special a 2nd time. Will call it a day on spending for a while after this - on all of £63 now… :open_mouth:).

2 Likes

Grats on Domitia! I love her sound effect! :grin: