The 5 Terrible Legendary Heroes

It’s a fact in this game that some five star heroes are just better overall than others. It’s an easy to test and prove premise too. I recently swapped out a max level/max talent Snow White for an equally max level/max talent Rumplestiltskin and watched as my cup count dropped like a rock from diamond to platinum when I was offline. It was a fun experiment, but not one I plan to repeat. So I’m on here to warn you about the the 5 absolutely terrible legendary heroes that when you first pull them you are probably pretty excited about, but you learn quickly just how useless they are.

1. Costume Elkanen: how they came up with a costume that made a hero so blatantly worse is a feat unto itself, but the issue is the skill of healing. In the regular version he gets a straight up 38% for whatever damage he deals as self-healing. In the costume version he deals the same amount of damage, but now for the next 3 turns he steals 61% of whatever healing the enemy team performs… which could easily be very little, or none-at-all. It’s one of those concepts that sounds good on paper, but is terrible in game play. All that to say if you get this costume I guess it’s a good curiosity for your collection, but don’t bother equipping it.
    1. Guardian Chameleon: Another one with a skill that looks good on paper, but falls apart quickly in game play. The stupid part of his special skill is the color-changing which does… well, nothing. I get what SGG was trying to do, play off a chameleon changing colors which is clever, but in this character design at least really accomplishes zip. It’s especially useless against purple & yellow enemies because after GC goes off twice all he’s done is change the color, then change it back. Okayyyyyy, which hurts the enemy how exactly? His one redeeming factor is he’s what I call a “super cleanser” because he dispels the otherwise undispelable (which, how is something that can’t be removed now suddenly is removable but only by some heroes is kind of a silly game mechanic in itself, but that’s a topic for another discussion). Regardless, he buffs & cleanses, but so do lots of other heroes, they just do it better so GC is not worth even your 3* ascension materials.
    1. Guardian Owl: This poor hero. He gets buffed and he still sucks. He gets buffed again, and he still sucks. The issue is that this hero is really only made for one purpose, he’s your nuclear option if the rest of your heroes are dead. He’s the retributive strike of heroes throwing a hail mary pass that might eke out the win at the last moment. I have a better idea, how about not using a hero whose premise is built around the rest of your team getting killed off before he’s useful? Oh, that doesn’t even take into account he runs as Very Slow speed so he may never go off. Nothing wrong with Very Slow if you’re useful like Alfrike, who is amazing, but If you put him in the tank or flank position he’s probably dead before he goes off. If you put him in the wing he does better, but still a halfway good player will just build a team that succeeds in beating the enemy, not building a team that loses to the enemy until maybe the very last second, but probably fails anyway.
    1. Noor: She just sucks, not two ways about it. If I see her on a defense team I assume one of two things, either this is a player who doesn’t have a very deep bench, or they are a casual player who doesn’t really pay much attention. Either way if you have her on your raid defense it’s an open invitation to being attacked. I actually think she was SGGs original attempt at countering Telluria except they forgot one thing, Telluria has innate resistance to having her minions removed thus rendering Noor’s special skill irrelevant. Of course this is going back to last year when Telluria was running amok before getting nerfed, but even after Noor is about as effective as using water to put out a grease fire.
    1. Myztero: He gets last place on the list because if you have him you might as well go buy a lottery ticket too given that your odds of pulling him from Tavern of Legends is literally 1 in 1000. If his name isn’t famliar it’s because he’s the “secret hero” they tout in ToL portal. Another hero that looks good on paper, but not all that useful, he takes the last 5 ailments cast on your team, then removes them and casts them randomly back on the enemy team. He’s even running at Very Fast speed, but that’s exactly where the problem lies. Now he’s constantly going off and doesn’t have time to actually collect 5 ailments. He’s the only hero I can think of where the only buff he needs is to have his mana speed reduced, then he would be effective. Given how unlikely you are to get him though it’s not something you really need to worry about. LOL!

If and when you’re ready to share your list, please add it to here :blush:

1 Like