That shouldn’t happen should it?

I didn’t want to post this to bugs and issues in case it’s working as intended, but I’m questioning if it’s supposed to do that;
So the devs said the tiles are basically random EXCEPT the board will never just start playing itself. Well in the raid tourney I just got a starting board that had zero available moves so the board shuffled itself, and then made a 3x combo. That seems suspiciously like the board playing itself :joy:
I don’t know what the odds of that happening are, must be really small. But it did happen and it seems to ignore the devs guarantee that boards won’t just start playing themselves. No I don’t have proof, sorry I wasn’t recording.

2 Likes

Happens

4 Likes

AFAIK that’s normal. Shuffled boards can play themselves, I think it doesn’t count as starting board any longer.

1. check if the board starts itself
    => yes: make a new board
    => no: start the game (end of starting board routine)

2. are any matches available?
    => yes: let the player play
    => no: shuffle

2 Likes

Yeah, it has happened to me once or twice. No biggie, but it does come as a surprise especially when you are barely awake and you start wondering whether you just fat-fingered the board :smiley:

2 Likes

Maybe every 100th turn the board will automatically reshuffle due to no possible moves and seldom it’ll also happen to the starting board.

1 Like

Yeah it was the starting board which was why I was like daaamn :joy:
I clicked attack in the raid tourney, got my board and I’m like “ok so the-“ and boom it shuffled and started sending tiles up at the defenders and I didn’t even touch the board :joy:
I did end up winning but I was just thinking that really shouldn’t happen, not to a starting board. It’s one thing to end up in a position where there’s no moves left and the board shuffles. It’s another thing entirely to give you a board without any moves that just shuffled itself immediately and sets off combos :joy:

3 Likes

Worst case would be: the shuffled board sets up a huge combo, all enemies are charged and kill you instantly Oo

5 Likes

Lmao I took mono green to a buddy tank who had double blue flank and when it shuffled there was like no green tiles, the 3x combo it made was just all dead tiles charging the defenders before I made a move :joy:
I was thinking this can’t be good… but the green tiles did end up in the right place at the right time. I would’ve been really mad to lose one like that :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Well, it’s simple. When the board gets generated it won’t generate tiles in a manner that it will start playing itself, like generating 3 colours in a row or column. But this was a unique case which haven’t to me only twice over the course of last one year. It was board that had zero moves, so it got shuffled just like it would under any normal circumstances when you run out of moves. So once it got shuffled its no longer the starting board so now it can play by itself due to cascades. Happened to @Scarecrow in the last tournament if I remember correctly.

Yes but there is also code to prevent a board with no moves. Otherwise we would see this much more often. I have never seen it in over 2 years. So yes it is a unique case.

1 Like

I have seen it twice…

1 Like

Probably not. Because a lot of players have faced this. I guess the probability of generating a board with no moves at all is so low, that they didn’t put a check for that. I mean I myself have seen it only twice during my entire 13 months of game play.

1 Like

Like a bribe it’s the kind of thing you quietly accept and move along, hush hush now :rofl::wink:

2 Likes

Happened to me a few times.
Hopefully there’s no code to set up specific starting boards.

This one goes out to our beloved bad boards by code conspiracy theorists. :wink:

2 Likes

This is the aspect of this behavior that I hate. It doesn’t seem like fair play to me to be forced into that situation. But I guess it’s no different than getting a starting board with only one permissible move, and making that move results in a shuffle, so maybe I shouldn’t complain.

1 Like

I’ve seen it happen at least twice in 2 years of playing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Found this once, the developer is simply too lazy to add 1 line of code to fix it

You never know what that 1 line does regarding side effects :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here is a board I had before. Evelyn was the tank and the board reshuffled at the start and made a red match right up the middle.

No, that would feel manipulated.
Hopefully it isn’t at all.