Thank you programmers again / No strategic value at all / BS. You can not deny this one – Seahks123’s Feedback

Thank you programmers again for a fair and balanced war. It’s such a pleasure to enjoy a game of this magnitude. The boards were awesome and compelling. The challenge is intense and I commend you for all your hard work in making this game the forefront of all games to come.

3 Likes

Sounds like you had a more enjoyable War than the last time you posted a month ago. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Featured:

#sarcasm
#resentment
#killingintent

5 Likes

I decided to ignore the likely sarcasm and hope for the best. :man_shrugging:

19 Likes

I even stopped myself from commenting.

5 Likes

Congratulations on your excellent war :wink:

5 Likes

No you didn’t lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Evidence above that you did comment haha

1 Like

It didn’t involve sarcasm so you can’t count that as a proper comment!
I’m off to the topic about GPS influence on hero rolls.

5 Likes

It sounds like the OP is thanking SG for good boards.

I think this means that, next time when the boards are bad, there will be a new thread…

3 Likes

No sarcasm…there have been no decent boards period

To those that praise the strategic value of this game. You are mistaken. You either have the programmers backing you or you dont… ther is no strategy behind this game. You either have the tile falls or you don’t. It doesn’t matter how strong your team is or how weak it is. If the programmers deemed it, you win…or you don’t…feast or famine.
This game will never be the equivalent to mobile strike. Mobile strike was a game of strategy. A game of possibility. This game is just another game of chance. Either you get it…or you don’t. You could have one hit with equal tile falls and the next hit you could See absolutely no tiles that you need… but because you had a fair amount in the previous hit. The next 2,3,4 or even 5 to 6 hits…you get nothing…just so your tile falls equal a supposed 22%.
Therefore, strategy has nothing to do with the game… nice job programmers and to this forum You suckering people into only positives comments.
Of course you don’t want the negatives…it would ruin your reputation. So to this I say…thank you.

3 Likes

Here is an oversimplified spectrum of strategy:

• No strategy or 0% strategy - eg rolling dice
  • A little bit of strategy (less than 30%)
  • A lot of strategy (maybe 30-80% strategy) - eg tennis, bridge, some board games
  • 100% strategy - eg chess, Go

Anyone can tell you this is definitely not a 100% strategy game. That’s obvious.

Is there ZERO strategy though?

Well that’s quickly dismissed because, clearly, bringing Boldtusk instead of Scarlett or Grimm has certain ramifications on certain boards presented.

Will you always get the board you want to use Scarlett, Grimm or Boldtusk? No of course not.

But if you mitigate it a bit by bringing certain other colours or heroes with different abilities, you hedge your bets.

So I would say this game has a little strategy, probably not a lot, but enough to make it fun and enough to provoke discussion

Anyone who tries to sell you an outer extreme is probably missing something

PS I don’t praise this game. I have a love hate relationship with it. I definitely don’t think it has much strategy but that does not mean I think there is 0 strategy

22 Likes

I agree.

Some time ago I was also thinking that’s it’s only about luck so I was using only a team in raids. If I was lucky, I was winning. If not… Oh, well…

Now that I also involve the strategy of stacking against the tank (3-1-1, let’s say), the win ratio is 80-90% which is huge.

Buuut…sometimes I can get 4 lost matches in a row and that’s frustrating.

3 Likes

I have lost matches with 3-2 stacks with Mother North and Alberich as my wings. Cant win them all lol.

1 Like

That was an excelent post, and i want to add other “strategic reasons” why this game is not all about boards:

• different matches: almost in every board you have 2 or more different matches avalaible. Picking one or another totally change the course of a battle.

• team position: both in attack and defence there are some tips that help your win ratio, as not all the heroes attack in the same way. Expecially you can mitigate splash damage dealers, keeping away from each other healers (if you use multiple of them) or same color heroes.

• Specials: the order and how you use them is most of the time totally strategic.

• Targeting: choose to kill a specific hero before anyone else (depending how much is ready to fire or how much you fear his/her special) is totally a personal choice and every one of us could play it differently.

If you fail to see all that and just label this game as totally based on luck, you either are a poor player or you just want to vent for a bad tournament.

There are times when no matter what you can do, you are doomed to loose. I know it.
If bad tiles keep coming, there’s no escape from it.

But most of the time, how you play directly effect your average win/lose ratio.

As @FrenziedEye said, it is not chess, but no rolling a dice either.

12 Likes

And suggesting someone smoke a fatty is toxic? Wow, what kind of world is this? Do folks not understand what is an insult and what is not? And what is the communist ‘law’? Is Small Giant controlled by some sort of Bolshevik politburo? Good grief

2 Likes

Bolshevik? I think the majority of complaints on this forum are of the view that SG are all too capitalist.

Regarding strategy, my favourite threads are the ones where someone posts their attack team and the defence team that beat them as proof that there is something rotten in the state of Denmark*, or rather in this case Finland, whereupon several knowledgeable souls kindly explain exactly why they lost and take some trouble to advise how the OP can improve their strike rate. They are sadly usually rebuffed. I, however, have learned a great deal from this advice and have improved both my team and my tactics considerably. Raiding is now a lot less of a pain, I won’t go so far as to say it’s enjoyable but I do have a pretty good idea of what I can beat and how to go about it. Or at least a good eye for a reroll. So keep moaning, it’s an ill wind that blows nobody any good**.

*Shakespeare innit.
**Not Shakespeare.

3 Likes

But you will. You apologist will make your excuses…and call me names. But when Thorne takes out a fully leveled 5* 800 plus defense and 1400 health…I call bull…I hit my opponent with 3 specials and didn’t take 1 single point away…and I could go on…unfortunately I didn’t grab and screen shots…but you all wont believe me anyways…so it doesn’t matter.
Last war, and t hu is has been going on for quite some time, my whole team was destroyed by 1500 plus points to a team that was suppose to be comparable to ours. We didn’t have one single team that had a decent war. You programmers are crap…and this will be my last post…I’m done with you. Your mediators. And your…oh please no negative comments about our game. Because us light in th ed loafers can’t handle the truth…take your modified slot game…and you’ll keep playing the odds…and your 22% tile falls…what a crock of horse crap…its all lies…thanks for taking the fun out of it…

Bye :wave:t3::wave:t3::wave:t3::wave:t3:

Oh yeah, I forgot… see you tomorrow! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

LOL he goes on like anyone here has any control over the game.

1 Like