Thank you for reorienting the pentagram

I’m only asking a question. Not trying to attack. The only way people can come to understand each other is by constructive conversation.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs and opinions. Myself included.

3 Likes

I have plenty of friends who are Christian and very much enjoy fantasy games. I don’t think any one religion (or lack thereof) has a corner on the market of enjoying this sort of game. C.S. Lewis wrote a very compelling fantasy with magic and mythical creatures which is also a very definitely Christian fantasy. They’re not incompatible.

That said, if it bothers you, by all means post a feature request to change it back. It’ll be interesting to see how the devs handle it.

3 Likes

By the way, I hardly noticed the reverse pentagram until I looked at previous threads. :expressionless:
Thanks for the attention.

I actually really love the idea that @Resol had of giving us the choice to change to our own liking.

Is there a way to split that into ideas and features or where ever it’s appropriate?

I think Kerridoc technically can, but probably easiest to just open a new #ideas-feature-requests post and quote it, with whatever additional commentary you think is most helpful to your case.

like this?

1 Like

@anon89026910 thank you for posing a question instead of mocking me. I actually am saddened that people think this should be in the ridiculous complaint thread. When I originally asked only for the pentagram to be reoriented, I asked that it be consistent with the other neutral parts of the game. Friar Tuck does not wear a cross, and the only thing symbolizing “holy” is a yellow color. No one has actually asked me why the pentagram disturbed me. They have made assumptions.

As to why I play this game, I chose it as a game of good vs. evil. I played a while to make sure I was comfortable with the different nuances before I invested money. On the Ridiculous Complaint thread, I was mocked for playing a game where people kill each other. The premise of this game, that a Dark Lord would gather minions of evil to take over & control the whole world, is a common theme of fantasy, and Tolkien is one of my favorite authors. His nuanced themes of what happens when people use evil to defeat evil are meaningful to me. Killing is something good people only do in extreme circumstances, and the premise of the game meets that criterion. While no one else needs to do so, I tend to think of the dark heroes as realizing what will become of the world and having a change of heart.

I remain grateful for the simple change. I did notice it isn’t changed on the medals, but I don’t have to look at the medals on my screen every day.

Peace to all in the name of Good,
Shining

7 Likes

I hope they left sorcerer emblems as it is now :wink:

@zephyr1 thank you so much. I only posted so the devs would know I appreciate it… didn’t mean to cause a tempest…

Peace!!!
Shining/Joyful

1 Like

Agreed. My coins are still upside down. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

It is changed there on mine, and it wasn’t before I updated the app today. So I’m guessing you might not have the latest update installed yet, perhaps.

It’s also changed on the hero cards.

Interestingly, as @Stormy noted, it seems to be unchanged on the actual emblems.

1 Like

@Joyful818. Thank you for the thoughtful post. I appreciate your insight

3 Likes

It is not a traditional Symbol of evil! In the Middle Ages it was to protect you from evil. The bad meaning developed much, much later when sanatism came up so traditionally it is a good Symbol!
EDIT:
Here is some sort of proof

2 Likes

People are also offended by history.
I mean, REAL history, one happening 10,000 years ago.

It’s called Ignorant Ego with the power to Q_Q and troll the world on a whim.

2 Likes

I didn’t have strong opinions either way, but for better or worse, the two-point-up pentagram has become so connected with Satanism in our real world, that I am not surprised that some people were uncomfortable with it. The swastika is banned here in Germany regardless of how much you point out that it is originally a positive symbol. The modern connotation has totally overwritten that. Just like we don’t say “whelmed” anymore, even though as recently as Herman Melville, it was standard English — we only use “overwhelmed” and “underwhelmed”. If you insisted on “whelmed”, you would be misunderstood, most likely.

As such, I think that rotating the pentagram by 36 (or 72 or 108 or 144 or 180) degrees was a good decision, at least in the short term. SGG could still completely change the icon for a future release if they want to and/or the community desires it.

In the meantime, those who like the other direction presumably just have to imagine that they are coming into the ritual circle 36° off of the direction the caster had intended.

Thank you, SGG for listening to the concerns of your users.

5 Likes

The Holocaust will never be forgotten.

Never forget.

History has lessons that humanity must remember, for always. The Holocaust is one of such lessons. And for a very rational reason, because humanity should not want such things to ever happen again.

The rational approach here is to actually remember the lessons from the past, rather than moving on blindly, forgetting what we should have learnt from history.

4 Likes

There’s a big difference.

When you see the white nationalist groups marching in your city with a bunch of them wearing swastikas, yes, they still bear meaning and offense.

I haven’t seen any hate groups walking around with pentagrams emblazoned on their clothes (yet).

Anyway, I think it may be time for moderators to take over this thread.

3 Likes

I hope the Winter event was not too hard on you, killing Santa and Mother North, etc. :wink:

1 Like

Try killing Mother North with a bunch of non-maxed 2* and 3*.

But, back to the main subject…

The emblem is still upside down. Now I’m confused. :upside_down_face: