Thank you for reorienting the pentagram

Dear Developers:

Sincere thanks for reorienting the pentagram to make it consistently neutral as the holy figures are neutral.

Respectfully,
Shining

5 Likes

Booooo! 20 characters

2 Likes

@Joyful818 I moved this out of #bugs-issues to #general-discussion, since it’s not a bug.

While I know this topic proved controversial in a couple past threads, I just wanted to say that I appreciate you coming to the forum to express gratitude for the change.

We won’t all always agree on things, but I hope we can all at least appreciate when someone takes time to post something they’re happy about, instead of a complaint. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ahem.

No, it is NOT upside down.

Right, it is no longer two points up, a traditional symbol of evil.

1 Like

The orientation has been rotated 180 degrees between the previous version and the current version, such that there is one point toward the top center, instead of one point toward the bottom center.

Whether you consider that upside down or rightside up, it is a change from the original version 18 release.

1 Like

#rc830
20 letters later

6 Likes

I was neutral on the subject but it was obviously important to some people. It looks like it was a quick, easy fix.

Good for you SG for responding and changing it.

7 Likes

Some people need a hobby :smiley:

3 Likes

It was rotated 36°. Prove me wrong. :wink:

10 Likes

Way to allow religion to rule a FANTASY game. Pathetic.

What’s next? Take them out of my books or music?

The true devil is censorship.

9 Likes

Censorship is when government restricts speech.

When you restrict your own speech, it’s called diplomacy or good manners.

21 Likes

C’mon people. The OP is thanking SG for something they did that make him/her happy. No need for the vitriol.

7 Likes

I want a setting in the menu to flip it upside down back to normal. It looks so weird rightside up.

10 Likes

While I can’t prove it conclusively, I will offer that it requires fewer clicks in Photoshop to rotate by 180° than by 36°. Therefore, Occam’s Razor suggests this as the default hypothesis among equi-preductive options :face_with_monocle:

Plus, I’m lazy. It’s what I’d do…

9 Likes

Hey that is a GREAT idea @Resol … Give us the choice. My votes for this. Should make pretty much everyone happy.

2 Likes

Ask yourself this: if it had just been a standard 5 point star from the start, would it have upset you? Would you even have noticed? I know I wouldn’t have. Just like the upside-down star didn’t really register much for me.

Clearly, a bunch of people did notice, though, and were bothered by the upside-down star, and asked SG to change it. I think it was smart business by SG to make the change.

Unless you were really looking forward to having an upside-down star in the game, and it’s absence is now upsetting to you, I’d just let this one go…

5 Likes

Currently have the Trials of mysticism quest, and they didn’t change the icon there…so I guess not “fixed” everywhere. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was looking to see if the anti-aliasing matched up to a 180° or 36° rotation, but I don’t have screenshots from both before and after from the same device on the same app view.

But I agree with @Garanwyn’s reasoning that anyone but you would do it the easy way. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I liked the proper pentagram, as this is a fantasy game. I noticed it immediately.

Further than that it has been explained in other posts what it actually stands for instead of what we as close minded humans (i throw myself under this bus occasionally myself. I’m not perfect) have perverted it in to.

Eventually there has to be a line of vocal minorities not being able to change symbols to suit their beliefs.

I have to wonder why a person whom are offended by symbols such as a pentagram are even playing a fantasy game in the first place.

4 Likes

Cookie Settings