Tettukh vs. Hansel

Good morning forum Dwellers,

I’m trying to maximize my heroes and put emblems where they are best suited. Has anyone used these two heroes a lot and prefer one or the other? Some notes below to help your recommendations:

I have Hansel with 19 emblems. Use him a fair amount and also have Gretal for the family bonus. I RARELY use both at the same time, not often do I need two seperate heroes for stopping special skills. If I strip his emblems I can use them to max Anton…I like a reviver because I don’t currently have one.

Tettukh is currently unemblemed. No great monk to put emblems on, I’ll probably strip emblems off of Wu Kong because I got Sergei and he’s great to use. I think his passive ability and Hansel’s special skill damage defense are similar enough to not be a deal breaker either way.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers!

2 Likes

any heroes that can prevent enemies from firing is ur good friend.

for mono green team fast hansel and medium tettukh can become a good team to prevent 2 enemies from firing

2 Likes

Both heroes are quite valuable and their combined efforts can help keep two enemies from using special skills. Hansel’s debuff just chops the targets back down to 50% mana with some damage, while Tekkuth silences and poisons them. He’s like if you used cBalthazar and Peters in one hero!

Speaking of which, if you happen to also have Peters, it makes half the team unable to use Special Skills! But I imagine this might be more of asking who to prioritized in a team or emblems. They’re both great heroes, but I understand if you choose to bring Tekkuth out more than Hansel.

2 Likes

So I don’t have those 2 (although I’ve wanted Hansel since forever) I do have an 18 emblem Peters though who I use a lot, especially in tournaments.

Both have their drawbacks, but I think I prefer silence as the overall skill giving time to shut a hero down for a few turns whilst you work on getting rid of them.

2 Likes

Super helpful, thanks MxJ. Looks like it comes down to emblem needs, both do what they do well.

Gracias!

1 Like

Hansel is better everywhere except VF tourneys IMO. Plus, he’s fast speed vs Tett’s average. I’m limit breaking my Hansel.

4 Likes

Personally I prefer Hansel because you can time it to left enemy with only 50% of mana when debuff ends, you can’t do that with Tettukh and if enemy will survive he will probably have full mana.

4 Likes

Both great points @Radar1 and @Rduke77 ! Fast speed makes a great difference and I do like timing Hansel’s hit for those about to fire.

Much thanks!

Me too, I have Hansel+20 and he benches a Kadilen+7 from my green mono attack team. I have a Peters+20 on an alt account. IMO Hansels special is quite superior to quiescing. First it makes additional damage dependent from the emblem path. Mine does 171 additional damage every time the target has full mana. At the end of the special the target has a maximum of 50% mana. After the quiescening ends the target has often full mana.
So Hansel is more usefull than Tettukh and Peters. In addition Hansel gets a 76% defense buff after casting his special.

Happy gaming

3 Likes

I use Tett frequently but wouldn’t put a ton of emblems on him. I put a couple just to boost him a little but I don’t see the need to take him far down the tree.

I don’t have Hansel for a point of comparison.

1 Like

As someone with a Tettukh+20 (and no Hansel), a big selling point of our many-armed friend is his durability. His passive + decent defensive stats means he can survive a lot more than you would expect. Also, 4 turns of silence is a very long time.

2 Likes

Have both, like both. Use hänsel more and gave him some emblems recently.

Yes tetukh has better defensive stats and survives maybe a little bit longer, but on the same time he also needs longer to fire. So not really an advantage just a necessity because he’s slower.

The special is similar but hänsel just has a small advantage there.

• First speed, you want to prevent the opponent from firing so you need to be faster. It can make a difference if you can prevent Alfrike from firing or not because you are missing 1 green stone.
  • Second what it does. Both do damage, tetukh poison, hänsel extra damage whenever the mana is full. No real difference between those 2.
  • Third what happens when it ends. Yes tetukh is one turn longer, but that doesn’t help you as much when the opponent is just ready to fire when the effect ends. You have 4 turns, if you can’t kill the opponent or silence it again it will fire after 4 turns.
    With hänsel you have 3 turns and if you can time it well it depends on how fast the opponent is at least a few more after the effect ends because they still need half their mana. With hänsels higher speed the chances are good you can hit the target again before its ready.

With 1 hänsel you can control a whole defense if you get a little bit lucky with tetukh not so much.

2 Likes

Very detailed and super helpful. Since I don’t have Peters or Miki, the silencing had me thinking. This spelled it out perfectly Ferg, thank you.

2 Likes

Silence is super good in VF wars as if you are faced with someone ready to fire it just stops them. That’s a big selling point for silence over Proteus (who is still great, just can get a timing issue)

I think above the actual answer is “why not both”

4 Likes

Right on Cheds. I do have both but Hansel has 19 emblems. Doubt I’d give both that many emblems, just wanted to see if one was a lot better than the other. Seems they both serve a similar purpose well.

Cheers!

I have both and have to confess that Hansel at +17 is disappointing. Tetukh+9 (atm) by contrast is a not bad sniper and silences for 4 turns. He gets far more use than Hansel.

1 Like