Teltoc Challenge Level 15 Legendary

Not that I make it a habit to let boss mana guages charge, but I found chameleon to actually be helpful to my team when he fired. I bring double purples so avoid yellow matches. Once the lizard fires those yellow tiles I’ve left alone suddenly become very useful.

3 Likes

When you have difficulty there are a few answers but one that always works for me is Proteus…

Proteus is a life saver for these tournaments. Plus having Mana potions help when the enemy r regaining their mana. You just give some mama to Proteus direct him to hit the front enemy because he can stop 3 enemies from gaining any Mana for 3 turns. Thanks Chadmo I was going to say The same thing

1 Like

I was using hansel+proteus on some stages and it was even more trivial because hansel charges much faster and resets boss mana

1 Like

I have Hansel but he is not fully leveled yet but I will keep him in mind for the next tournament. Thanks Kaliope

I am almost through epic and starting legendary tomorrow. I have more time on weekends. Purple and red are my weakest colors for 5’s and all my non 3* mana controllers are yellow :rofl: (Li Xiu, Chao, and Gretel). Last event was the first one I beat on legendary and I like the loot, so I want to try and see how it goes.

I am hoping for riposte usefulness and going mono purple:

Sabina +20, Tiburtus +13 (or so), Cyprian +4(ish), Domitia, Rigard +20

Hoping on riposte, heals, and a Domitia’s yellow shield. :crossed_fingers:

Good luck to all!

Appreciate the info here! Since I lack any mana control, would leveling up 1 or 2 riposte heroes ASAP let me finish legendary events in the future? I finished Epic pretty easily this time around, but I haven’t gotten very far in legendary. Pulled Boril today from TC20, so now have both him and Cyprian to level. Here’s my heroes for reference. HeroPlan.io

Other heroes may help me more in general, but getting those mats from finishing legendary in every challenge event would be a huge bonus imo.

1 Like

In raids players know riposte is coming and can plan and time debuffs, but in province stages that are getting tough, and you maybe lack the perfect combo of other heroes (cough, Proteus, cough), riposte can help you swing above your class. The trick is keeping the riposte hero alive, that’s why I am trying two healers.

Double riposte might be a lot because if you double heal as well you maybe have one hitter. That’s not a lot of damage beyond standing there taunting them to hit you. It may work though, what would be the rest of your team?

Try 4 healers and just one perfect riposte… All you have to do is take Mana potions to control keeping him alive… Activate him, then make the bosses angry…( Not chameleon, don’t touch him)
When they hit you they will lose a third of their health. Simply heal and repeat. Always have a couple of your healers flashing ready to heal while you Mana up the others.
Try it
When the hitters are dead, kill chameleon at your leisure.

4 Likes

Panther…a badass

20 more panthetrs

Careful with Cyprian, if Chameleon changes him to yellow… well not sure how that would end up… could be an endless loop of reflected damage lol

I always feel bad for having Lady of the Lake (and Proteus)… it is like I’m cheating lol… well except for the green reflect event… then I suddenly have to pay attention or get caught with my pants down!

(Though on occasion Lady of the Lake can be a trap… I’ve had times with all 9 minions hitting one single boss… yeah, ignoring the other charged boss(es) lol)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I would probably use costume kiril, gullinbursti, and maybe boldtusk or rigard. I’ll keep pulling to get proteus, but in the meantime, riposte may allow me to finish these legendary events.

Congrats of those pulls @Pilcho! Those two are game changers. Unfortunately I have gone through S2 normal and hard and the only non 3’s I got were Danzaburo and Ameonna. Although I did pull Raff off coins last Atlantis Rises summons. He’s a massive healer for provinces. Missed Hansel too (so far). I forgot I had Little John +1, but that’s not an effective enough mana control for me by himself.

Good luck with your pants situation. I hope it works out in the best way possible for you! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Legendary Stage 15 I used blue stack.
my idea was to kill Kong first, then in a 2nd step set off Chameleons special which makes me turn red… yes, I killed him next. This approach takes a little longer because the monsters are green but it’s fun :blush: just dont use cleanse… else you turn back into blue. I made it in the first go

4 Likes

Playing defensively (using Cyprian) was how I had managed to pass Epic/Legendary before they revamped Teltoc (and for other events for that matter, except for Corellia that has purple elemental barrier, which would call for Boril, but I didn’t get him until much later). This defensive strategy also worked for me when I was having problem passing the Rare Quest last stages for Farholm Pass, Morlovia, or Shiloh Desert.

But after getting better heroes and leveling them up, I’ve changed to try to go more offense because I didn’t want to spend too much time on playing the levels and playing defensively will typically do that. This doesn’t mean it is not a good strategy to use hard hitting opponents’ strengths against them, provided that you have the HP to survive the hits.

As you get better heroes and grow more powerful, you start to rely more on your own strengths rather than your weakness (the weaker you are, the better Riposte works), A.I. controlled opponents may not be too smart to always dispel first or hit around your Riposted heroes, but players are generally smarter than that when it comes to raiding.

Of course, as more contents are added and stronger heroes kept appearing, if one can’t get the heroes to catch up on the power levels, playing defensively may yet become another strategy.

1 Like

Thanks. I began to not use LotL very much when raiding, but since getting Bryn (+19) and putting them two side-by-side, well, it really helps combat her slow mana. Kingston on other side of Bryn is just orgasmic lol.

Knocked off final legendary stage just now. Took same team through all stages. Proteus +18, Rigard (C) +15, LotL (+8), Bryn (+19), Kingston (+10). Used very few items (couple arrow attacks here and there, if I wasn’t getting tiles and wanted to keep some LotL minions alive for bosses, and a couple medium mana pots), until the final stage… used all 5 medium mana pots, and a revive scroll on Proteus. Had Chameleon fire once but Rigard fixed that up a couple turns later (I used it to my advantage first to send bunch of blues into Kong!), and Kong fired once or twice, Owl was a non-feature. Took forever of course, had unfavourable tiles for the bosses throughout, and LotL just makes things so much slower.

Oh and yep, I had quite a few LotL minions up when Kong fired, but none hit him lol.

Hope you do manage to snag Proteus soon, @Muchacho… I had to wait forever for him, but then he kept coming through the summons gate again and again lol. Wasn’t a big fan initially (only cos I never liked the “just copy the meta” approach, here or in other games) but yeah he’s too good to not use!

1 Like

Thanks @Pilcho. I just best it myself and brought my blue stack as @cadi recommended. I thought that was super clever and it worked. It was still a tough 9+ minute fight as I don’t have good non yellow mana control, but I won. Also, blue heroes against green mobs is slow. Thanks for the tip @cadi! The team was:

Sonya +20, Kiril +20, Boril +17, Richard +7, Grimm +18

Grimm died, but otherwise everyone else was alive. Magni +6 sat in the bench as I needed Boril’s riposte and Sonya’s dispel. Obviously needed a healer and I prefer D droppers, so the only open slot was Richard. I took him because he can survive hits better and drops A. Kiril isn’t the best lone healer as his percent is low, so I felt better with Richard’s added heft. Also, Magni’s D boost would weaken the riposte, which is already weaker than Cyprian due to Boril’s high D. Levels 1-14 I used red and purple stacks.

I also burned gems on a 10 pull, F2P so getting that many gems takes time, and got Jackal so I am happy. I picked Guardians because they have top notch 4’s, which you’re more likely to get.

Cheers and good luck out there to those still trying to beat it! :+1:

2 Likes

yaaay!!! I’m happy it worked for you :smiley:

1 Like