Telly (Telluria) Counter Hero Ideas

OK so there is a raging debate about whether Telly is OP. Answer is obvious, but rather than discuss nerf or no let’s brainstorm potential counter heroes (as Seshat is to Guin).

Hero: Hydra
Speed: Average
Talent: Sorcerer
Color: Red
Resist: Mana Generating Ailments

Summons 3 hydra minions that inherit 20% HP and 20% attack from caster. Minions dispels buffs on hit.

All allies get +30% defense for 4 turns.

Hydra gains mana (~12%) for each summoned enemy minion.

All allies resist new status ailments as long as hydra has minions.

Solid flank for telluria and would even dispel mitsuko and grazul who are the biggest counters to telluria+vela right now

3 Likes

lol good point, maybe make slow mana, then if you don’t take minions it has counter play on defense. On offense would rely on tell going off to charge

1 Like

Others? Tell us such a beast that I think it’s going to be tough to find real decent counters that are in themselves not op or synergize with Tell on defense.

1 Like

Everything i come up with just makes telluria that much better but off the cuff:

Probly gotta give up on red and think green

I’d revise margaret and add a cleanse for starters

Green only has 1 5* cleanser as is and she’s pretty irrelevant in current meta from my experience

Red evelyn would help too but she’d have to be druid or paladin. And pretty much a direct copy of evelyn with no minions or other effects to keep from boosting telluria too much.

Purple has decent counters already

Yellow has malosi but could use another cleanser besides vivica

Blue well blue is just kinda screwed, wouldn’t be as bad if frida was fast instead of average but is what it is

Bout all i can think of off the cuff at the moment

4 Likes

A sturdy (stats like grazul) fast red hero that deals 175% damage to target and nearby enemies, dispels buffs on target and nearby enemies, removes ailments on self and nearby allies, self and nearby allies are immune to new ailments for 3 turns, resists mana generation ailments.

2 Likes

Very fast red that act like jf, but in term of mana reverse.

So if enemy (such as tell) cast -34 mana, the counter will reverse it into +34 mana. This way telluria owner will think twice to make her as a tank anymore

4 Likes

A response also needs to be moderately accessible to make a widespread difference. So I think you need two or three useful heroes including 4*, probably put into S.3

3 Likes

I think for the starters we need a decent minion destroyer that also dispells.

All allies should be getting some amount of mana or health after destroying a minion. All enemies who had a minion destroyed, should be getting some sort of damage or debuff (maybe can not cast status ailments for 2 turns?)

Needs to be sturdy and needs to be fast. Or have innate ability to resist mana gain debuff, but then that limits it only to 5 star HotMs.

But the longer I think about it, the more I realize such hero would murder all the other minion-oriented heroes even if they are innocent :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This Hydra hero would certainly be interesting! 3 hydras that block all status ailments from everybody? That would be your permanent auto-cleanser in offense! Set him in a wing or something on offense, pop him off, and you’d never have to worry about ailments the whole fight.
And in defense, you can put him on the flank. He can get enough mana, pop off the skill, and then the attacker can target the hydra with specials to end the protection if it’s really causing grief. Works wonders for attacking owners, and causes little grief for players who attack it. Good days all around. I like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A green vfast ailment protector with cleanse could counter Telly. Would die aftewards, but could help to delay Tellies 1st effective cast.

1 Like

And what about just a fast mana hero that both dispel all enemy buffs and cleanse all allies? It could be Monk or Cleric, so also mana control could be uneffective.

Or an average mana hero with same special but with innate resistance for reduced mana generation?

Also could be nice a reverse Hatter, fast or average, that put all negative effects of your heroes to enemies randomly.

1 Like

That hero is already coming

Her name is lady loki

Red average mana

Fast hero that reflects green for everyone.

2 Likes

So I Just have ti wait for her release (and the right odd)! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For what it’s worth i feel brynhild and possibly mist are a couple of 4* responses but i could be wrong

3 Likes

A red sniper that does extra damage to green and resists attack down would be cool as we lack red snipers and don’t have a sniper that does extra damage to a specific color… A red panther that resists water damage would be fantastic as well. These are both hotm ideas.

Also @Rigs, you don’t find Locke useful in current meta? Hmmm. I’ve found her to be very nice for dot stacking, but would obviously welcome another green cleanse (Rat should have had it).

1 Like

What other green DoTs are there?

Just her and yunan as far as i know and I don’t have yunan

And countering multiple DoTs with a single DoT isn’t very effective for me

% hitters have been my best bet to eliminate big threats asap. My double marjanas for example.

Oh I don’t mono, so the team that I play her in now is Cmel, gm, Kingston, Grazul, Locke.

Got it.

I’ve been monoing for awhile. Been the best bet for me at keeping my war success rate out of the gutter due to some mathematical mumbo jumbo that boils down to emblems, defense stats, maxed troops, and the hidden 20%…