Telluria/Vela nerfed! Ok, where do we go from here? Part 1 (Tanks)

I can always say good things about my luck as the only viable good tanks in my team are Justice and Thorne. Both sucks big time :smiley:

I think until i get a better replacement i will be running Marijana on my center once my shift from Vela is complete. I think will take 30-40 day to receive my final telescope to ascend Fenrir.

I also have Costume Quintus but i really don’t like him and will hate to use Tabards on him instead of Jabberwork.
The team choices i have is not great

Alby - Lianna - Marijana - Fenrir - Jabberwork
Alby - Marijana - Costume Quintus - Drake - Fenrir

Jabberwork pull made things so confusing on my side :smiley:

truth to that

but hard to say what new replacements will be with certainty with unforeseen stuff comin out

ninja heroes(which obviously only a few will get, teammate did beta pulls and out of 300 pulls he got 3 ninjas :roll_eyes:), new war rules, etc

but yea i don’t think the discussion itself is premature. just think the actions are premature if players are already making changes.

Saders is discussing and analyzing alternatives as well

biggest issue we see is telluria even with the nerfs is still one of the beefiest heroes in the game and still effects all allies/foes at average mana so until some bigger changes are made, it’ll be hard to consider upgrade or lateral replacements since in comparison with others she still seems to be the best

guin isn’t as beefy
ursena isn’t as beefy
kunch and heimdall are too passive & slow
richard only effects 3
others are too slow

etc etc

8 Likes

Like you already stated, the nerf doesn’t mean you need to change tomorrow. But if you are thinking about it now, you’re ahead of the game! I thought about LOTL as well, but I’m also lacking ascension materials. Ok, so I need to work toward getting her leveled. When I have the materials, I’ll review my options and review my current roster at that time as to whether to continue her leveling or move in a different direction. Keep the future in mind as you make you future decisions and keep the new heros coming out as possibilities if your lucky enough to pull them. :wink:

Agreed @Suicide_Bunny! I was actually typing that in the Part 2 thread.

is it feasible to run drake & jabber?

idk what your emblem situation is but i know i have drake at +19 and could take jabber to +10 which would have me probly tanking drake and flanking jabber & vela in your situation with lianna and marjana in the wings

2 Likes

I’m hoping to get Zulag this month. Haven’t yet, but there is plenty of time. If I get her, I will add her to the leveling list and give her a spin at 4/80 to see how she does before putting emblems on her. With her being Paladin, I’ll need to steal from Telluria if she looks like a viable replacement.

1 Like

I’ll be honest i was taking this post seriously till you forgot Frigg as green tank.

I can take 1 to around 14 , i never pay for emblems as i believe it is a feature that hurts the game more than anything else. As stated without emblems we wouldn’t be here. Original Telluria will not be a challenge to kill, there would be way more variety as switching hero’s would be way easier.

2 Likes

Makes sense @Ultra. I agree. I feel the writing is on the wall “just” as I got my defense for wars and main to a point where I could focus on the finer points of the game. IF Telluria is eventually going to go by the wayside, we should all have a plan in place. IMO :wink:

not a fan of emblems either tbh

but they’re here so it is what it is.

if you’re not in a team of all +20 defenses facing other alliances running +20 defenses then i would probly put more emphasis on synergy than emblems which i think just based on info i saw, the lineup i put together is best synergy wise and very punishing on a less than stellar board

i could very well be wrong though which is why i said it’s what “i” would do

2 Likes

At the end of the day, you have to roll with what you have @gnikdrazil. Drake can be a vicious tank, but you would have to decide between him and Jabberwocky for the Monk emblems. Tough choice! :wink:

Sad part is I was looking forward to December to possible get Vela! Go figure. I guess I’ll save the tokens and gems for another time. :wink:

1 Like

I think most of the quicker changes will come from alliances in the 500 -1500 range on this. Top 100 where Telly is so available and the fact she will remain a good tank even after these changes will mean a lot probably wait more to see what happens, but I’ve never been in that range so not sure.

I think most of the change will be in the mid range where maybe half the alliance have Telluria/Heimdall and teams have moved to green to allow those teams to be as dominant as possible, but the other half are running elkanen, kadilens, kashreks who are not of the same standard. With Telluria possibly not being so much better than other top tanks in other colours now there may be a change in colour for these alliances first.

1 Like

it’s hard to say

everything is up in the air for now

we still don’t have another blue that hits all at fast mana unless players wanted to count finley who still doesn’t do it as reliably(i know contrary to popular belief but you’ll notice it’s typically newer players being the biggest voices of complaint in those discussions…)

so just like with the telluria conversations

“she’s not as good as she was”

ok but in comparison with other options…

4 Likes

I forgot Frigg @Junkies! It’s 2am where I am. I’ll need to update things in the AM. :wink:

it won’t be about if these heroes are as good as they were

it’ll be about how good are they in comparison to other options

and for now, there’s really no direct comparisons for replacements

which imo, SG would have been better off tryin to introduce comparable replacements like they’ve done in the past

ares → guin
guin → ursena
ursena/guin → telluria

telluria being optimal tank & hotm was big mistake

playerbase complained for years about guin and other rare good defense heroes being so rare, they wanted them to be more common

sg said "wish granted "

playerbase has responded with “wtf!? are you insane?!”

and here we are.

if SG does try to introduce more/better tank options, i would advise stickin to the formula that worked for years and using harder to obtain heroes than hotm

players that didnt have guin, could use drake
players that didnt have ursena, could use kunchen
etc

make the most optimal hard to get, but also release easier to obtain fallbacks

think that would have been a better choice than making most optimal the most widely available

i know not all players get the hotm but that’s not the point

having 30 days to obtain 1 hero from multiple portals does increase the commonality of a hero over heroes that are only available 3 days once per month or year or 6 months or whatever

if telluria was as rare as yunan and vela was as rare as finley, i suspect a lot of this would have been avoided

18 Likes

I don’t see Sir Roostley as a possible yellow tank, while I believe he has potential. He can punish pretty hard on defence and is a sturdy paladin. Any thoughts about him?

2 Likes

he’s about as sturdy as guin and does drake damage to 5 but without the status ailment & speed drake provides or mana manipulation guin provides

he would be viable

guin
rana
drake
onatel
roostley

is probly where he would land if i was to “rank” them off the top of my head(rank is opinion based btw and no real order of the spots 2, 3, and 4)

2 Likes

That’s not bad. I got him at 4/50 now. I’ll try him out in diamond when he’s leveled and has some emblems (Telly still keeps me in diamond with her current emblems). I think Roostley can be scary with that damage potential.

1 Like

possibly but just keep in mind that typical “good” tanks provide some kind of buffs to allies or ailments to opponents or both and roostley doesn’t really provide either one and is average mana so heroes to recover from him after he fires are more vast than other " viable tanks"

1 Like