Telluria/Vela nerfed! Ok, where do we go from here? Part 1 (Tanks)

That sounds like a great team. I don’t have jabber. I focused a long time ago on troops so I have 5 sets of mana per color. Maxed, 11, 11, 5,5. If I could build up some more to 23 it would be great. But it uses so many troops and ham

1 Like

I just pulled Mitsuko from Atlantis, I think a Grave-cRichard-Mits center might be in my future! :smiley: Stacking blue now becomes a huge risk because if Mits goes off you’re screwed, but stacking green you just might get burned down by Grave.

Anyways I’m at least a few weeks out from maxing her, but she looks like a fun hero to use on both offense and defense!

@JAWS1

4 Likes

Excellent @rho! I pulled Mitsubishi back in September during the Atlantis event. I have her on my leveling project list as well. I’ll test her out once I have Frigg leveled to see how she does. Right now, the plan is GM will be on the flank, but testing will tell which is better in my case.

2 Likes

Just dumped Tellu for BK (former flank) as Tank and Frigg as flank. It’s a 66% win rate in watchtower defence with this team:

3 Likes

This is a frightening team! Frigg and Killhare have been absolute beasts in all my raids. I have typically only won against this setup if I get good boards. Nice setup!

Also, cKadilen is showing to be a very good tank. I have a losing record against cKadilen tanks thus far. Definitely, worthy of being leveled and emblemed.

2 Likes

Since stripping Telly, I ran cRichard as tank for a while, aaaaaaand it’s been kinda disappointing. I’m getting attacked a lot more, and win rate is a bit under 50%. Played around with flanks/colors and it doesn’t seem to change anything appreciably. My guess is most people just mono green my defense and worry about flanks/wings later.

I know I’ve bashed Ursena several times already, but I decided to give her another shake yesterday now that I have a Lianna+CB+11 and so can run a rainbow team. She is holding up surprisingly well so far, winning all raids and revenges (but it’s only been a day so too early for conclusions) Current defense is Joon+8, GM+13, Ursena+18, Lianna+CB+11, Lepus+16. Green/red flanks for two reasons: Gravy is v fast, but Lianna+CB charges in 7 tiles with a lv 17 mana troop, so between fast and v fast (faster?? :sweat_smile:), which really puts pressure on the attackers. Also encourages a red stack, which has the least amount of hard hitters and no dispeller.

Maxed out Alfrike recently and have her at 6 talents. Maybe when I get her to +9 I’ll try tanking her just for lulz. She’s much tankier and if she goes off you’ve lost the match basically, but she doesn’t punish a yellow stack the way Ursena does (Ursena at least makes you think twice about stacking yellow), and her very slow speed gives plenty of time for attackers to maneuver around her. We’ll see…

Also can confirm cKadilen is a royal pain in the ■■■, I’ve definitely lost to a few due to severely underestimating how annoying that dodge is.

Ursena is a Top 5 tank up there with Heimdall, Kunchen, Frigg, and cKadilen. She will keep you in Diamond around 2600 cups (based upon the support you have around her and the troops beneath her). Alfrike is the wild card. I’m leveling mine as well. Test with Frigg and Alfrike will begin once I have them both leveled and emblemed.

I would love to test cKadilen, but I need to get the costume. I don’t typically pull during the Costume events, so I have saved up quite a few keys. I’ll give it a go once cMarjana is released and hope for one or both costumes. Then, I’ll add her to my testing if I do get cKadilen’s costume.

1 Like

Alfrike is a lot of fun to use on offense! Actually made me start using Clarissa more now that I try to find ways to work Alfrike into my purple stack, that elemental link really helps keep Alfrike alive long enough that she can finally charge and fire. She’s the ultimate finisher - takes forever to charge, but once she does, you’ll be hard pressed to lose the battle unless you did something terribly wrong.

2 Likes

Having Ariel, Alberich or Misandra would be useful to speed up Alfrike! Ariel would be the best help.

1 Like

Don’t forget Sif or even Brynhild.

1 Like

Very true!

20 characters

1 Like

Well the data is in from Razor
https://titanmafia.com/#TROOPS-VISUAL!

Telluria’s usage is down by about 1/2 of what it was in the Top 100 prior to the last nerf! Vela’s usage is down as well! GM’s usage is up along with all of the popular tanks prior to Telluria being released. Frigg has moved into the Top 15!

Even though they say they will not nerf Telluria anymore “for now”, you have to wonder if these numbers are still too lopsided for SG to where they will nerf Telluria again! :thinking:

Razor’s data does support what we are seeing and thinking…Telluria is still usable “for now” on defense as a tank. Heimdall, Kunchen, BK, Ursena, Alfrike and Frigg are all solid options at least as far as the Top 100 see it. It’s also interesting regarding Razor’s note about the new Ninjas not being suited for defense but more for offense where you can control their charge.

I’m still leveling Frigg and Alfrike. Once done, I’ll begin my own testing as to which would be a better tank in my lineup.

Thanks for the update @Razor! :wink:

3 Likes

SG will not be happy until Telluria is a complete joke where newbies have fun with Telluria.

3 Likes

@JAWS1 Appreciate it. Not a lot of you were probably around when the HPET Report was originally released (its full history is back traceable - as a member) showing classing averages movement and that start marked the end of my meticulous waiting for 100 random teams/players who stayed in the Top-100 for approx 10min off line time. Then came the BORG (TMPG Collectors). Anyway its a little eye bending but the clarity of TANK use/popularity based on it being the primary sort paints a clear picture quickly. So January 2019 to present.

@Pompitous might have some interest in this… its an easy history visual of the source data itself.

https://titanmafia.com/Members/E-and-P_TM_Hero-Position_Element_Talent_Report_2020-11-09.HTML

Average Class Level 18.24%

@Guvnor @Rigs

3 Likes

With the LARGER DATA SETS if you scroll it quickly, the tracers indicate the Flanks/Wings being used most lol (elementally)… Also at one point TROOPS was being tracked don’t recall for how long (Crit vs Mana) Mana was 66% use (pretty steady) in Top-100 players slections.`

1 Like

Lastly there are 7 sorted FULL LISTING images for the source data Alpha, Left Wing, Left Flank, Tank, Right Flank, Right Wing and Total Use… (in the members area)… some may overlook that as well.

i.e.

1 Like

Wow! This is a wealth of info! Initial impressions are

• The reality that Red and Green are the most used elements. This makes sense with the high use of Telluria, GM and BK.

• The majority of the Top 100 have their heros maxed at +20. Basically if you don’t have your heros at +18 at least, you will have a difficult time making the Top 100 list.

• There are a number of folks in the Top 100 testing the ninjas at the tank position. Little surprised to see that.

Troop info would be interesting to know especially average troop level used and type (crit or mana).

Great job @Razor!

1 Like

@Razor Is this the background info to generate the 5* and 4* positioning charts?

1 Like

Yes it is Jaws. Its just visually presented with the prior periods Delta for visual ease of comparison between periods (Top10).

1 Like

Got it! It all makes sense now! Nicely done @Razor!

1 Like