Telluria/Vela nerfed! Ok, where do we go from here? Part 1 (Tanks)

Good luck on the costumes @JAWS1

I would love to have Lianna or Kadilen, to replace Morgan somedays. But cKadilen would also made a good tank.

1 Like

The new Leo and Marjana costumes look good too @Ysabella!

:test_tube: Early Information on ROUND 3 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v33]

I have both heros leveled at 4/80, so I could level the costumes immediately if I get them!

1 Like

I’ll start asking you: why changing Telluria in your current defense team (I’m assuming you made this post because she’s your current tank)?

Telluria is still top tank in the game.

She is as tanky as any solw hero (Santa, Kunchen Heimdall)but average mana,and her special still cripples mana generation… yes less than before, but still buys time for their flanks to charge and fire.

Minion HP and healing reduction are actually very small changes, so her special is still as impactful as those of many slow heroes.

As for blue flank goes, maybe cMagni or Skadi might do a good job, however Vela is still solid IMO.

My current center is BK-Telluria-Vela, and I have hardly seen any difference since last nerf, still hover on 2500-2600 cups when attacked.

Poor Leo sitting here around 3/70 for ages now, because i always had a better option to level up. If i would get that costume, so yeah i would max him :ok_hand:t2: :heart_eyes:

Marj sounds awesome! She’s one of my Telly counters, but not fully emblemed at the moment.

1 Like

@Sernarok I agree that Telluria is still viable as a top tank on defense “for now”. The key phrase is “for now”! Post-nerf if the usage of Telluria and Vela does not drop significantly, SG will nerf one or both again until they achieve their goal. If you don’t plan ahead, you will be left in a bad state for some time.

I don’t have Vela, but I have Telluria. I was using her for “everything”, regular defense, war defense, raids, wars, tournaments, challenges, titans, everything! Thus, I have to find replacements for her in all these areas because she is really only good as a defensive tank post-nerf.

In my roster, I typically have not developed heros that do not serve me in multiple areas. A hero that can “only” be a defensive tank is really not that useful. If I can find a suitable replacement that can aide me in other areas as well, that would be a better choice for my roster and emblems. That’s what I’m working toward.

If I had @Darkness11 or @Jronny or @Ysabella, etc., rosters, I would switch right now and move on. I’m like many others who have to plan a direction and work on it. :wink:

2 Likes

Day 9 Raids - Observations are

• My raid defense had a winning percentage for the day for the first time in almost a week!
  • Attacks on my raid defense is down.
  • Telluria still the most popular tank (7).
  • Isarnia and Kadilen were prominent today (4)!

I went 18-4 attacking and 6-4 defending (defense finally ends the day on a good note). Of the 32 raid battles today (both attacking and defending), 25 were non-Telluria tanks. Buddy, Vela and Wu Kong, joined the list of used tanks. Here is the list of tanks I ran into:

• Telluria - 7x
  • Isarnia - 4x
  • Kadilen - 4x
  • Delilah - 2x
  • Kunchen - 2x
  • Vela - 2x
  • Buddy - 1x
  • Clarissa - 1x
  • GM - 1x
  • Justice - 1x
  • Kingston - 1x
  • Magni - 1x
  • Neith - 1x
  • Onatel - 1x
  • Raffaele - 1x
  • Richard - 1x
  • Wu Kong - 1x

Today, the Ninja Tower event had most folks busy trying to clear floors. I suspect it will be that way until the event is over.

1 Like

Well, that’s my point: “for now” it’s a loooong way.

Why? the devs have been plain deaf to listen Telluria/Vela real issue: their mana speed simply doesn’t match their stats/special skill, specially Telluria (Vela is collateral damage simply because she’s a natural flank to green, but my guess is that she was specifically designed as an attack hero, specially for titans).

Telluria is still Santa sturdy, more crippling than Guin, paladin talent + direct & indirect healing, packed in an average mana speed… it’s going to be really hard to beat her as top tank for a while, moreso now that SGG experienced what happens when they release such an OP hero.

Right now we should expect to decrease her presence only in raid tournaments, but for me that’s enough; people forget that in high diamond, specially top 100, everybody has the same tank.

About other tanks… well, in my quest for Guin I got BK, I’m a purple hero magnet so I have Ursena, my tank before Telluria was Onatel, who held up diamond without a problem, and have a cBoril maxed too, he was my war tank when we used blue, and did an excellent job.

So I think I’m covered for tanks in case we change color for wars, but I really doubt we will do.

1 Like

@Sernarok You’re in great shape! You have multiple options with at least one solid tank option per element. Great job! I Guinevere, but I don’t have BK or Ursena. I wish I had both! :wink:

Day 10 Raids - Observations are

• My raid defense is back to losing again!
  • Attacks on my raid defense is down again during the Ninja Tower tournament.
  • Telluria still the most popular tank (7).
  • Kunchen prominent today! (5)

I went 16-1 attacking and 6-7 defending (back to under 50%). Of the 30 raid battles today (both attacking and defending), 23 were non-Telluria tanks. Here is the list of tanks I ran into:

• Telluria - 7x
  • Kunchen - 5x
  • Anzogh - 2x
  • cRichard - 2x
  • Elena - 2x
  • Heimdall - 2x
  • Wu Kong - 2x
  • cElena - 1x
  • Clarissa - 1x
  • Elkanen - 1x
  • Isarnia - 1x
  • Joon - 1x
  • Ranzir - 1x
  • Neith - 1x
  • Tyr - 1x
  • Ursena - 1x
  • Richard - 1x
  • Wu Kong - 1x

Today, the Ninja Tower event had most folks busy again. I suspect it will be that way until the event is over.

1 Like

Day 11 Raids - Observations are

• My raid defense above 50% for a 2nd time this week!
  • Attacks on my raid defense more than doubled as folks have started to complete the Ninja Tower tournament.
  • Telluria was around 1/3 of all tanks I battled today! (15).
  • Vela, Seshat, Justice and Atmos were prominent today! (5)

I went 16-0 attacking and 17-15 defending (winning record). Of the 48 raid battles today (both attacking and defending), 33 were non-Telluria tanks. Here is the list of tanks I ran into:

• Telluria - 15
  • Vela - 4x
  • Atmos - 3x
  • Justice - 3x
  • Seshat - 3x
  • Ares - 2x
  • Grazul - 2x
  • QOH - 2x
  • Aegir - 1x
  • BT - 1x
  • cElena - 1x
  • cElkanen - 1x
  • cRichard - 1x
  • Cyprian - 1x
  • Evelyn - 1x
  • Frida - 1x
  • Guinevere - 1x
  • Joon - 1x
  • Kunchen - 1x
  • Magni - 1x
  • Marjana - 1x
  • Mitsuko - 1x

Today, Telluria was prominent, but was not a challenge. Frida, Mitsuko and Guinevere were the biggest pains.

2 Likes

Day 12 Raids - Observations are

• My raid defense below 50%!
  • Ran into my 1st 5* Ninja tank (Garnet)!
  • Telluria was around 1/3 of all tanks I battled today! (15).
  • Vela, Heimdall and Okaban were prominent today! (5)

I went 15-3 attacking and 1-6 defending (terrible!). Of the 24 raid battles today (both attacking and defending), 20 were non-Telluria tanks. Here is the list of tanks I ran into:

• Telluria - 5x
  • Heimdall - 2x
  • Okaban - 2x
  • Vela - 2x
  • Boril - 1x
  • BT - 1x
  • Caedmon - 1x
  • Elena - 1x
  • Frigg - 1x
  • Garnet - 1x
  • GM - 1x
  • Gullinbursti - 1x
  • Jean-Francois - 1x
  • Magni - 1x
  • Sif - 1x
  • Thorne - 1x
  • Ursena - 1x

Yesterday, I ran into my 1st Ninja lead team using Garnet at tank. Not a challenging team, but worth seeing how the new Ninjas performed. Here is the team

Considering her skill sets, I’m not sure I would use her at tank. She only provides 180hp and the AI will not let her hold to a 2nd or 3rd charge where the HP is higher. I think GM or even Myztero would have been better, but I guess it doesn’t hurt to play around.

Not quite true; see below exert from a different thread on the Ninjas.

1 Like

Thank you @Guvnor for correcting me. I missed that post in the Ninja threads over the weekend. :wink:

1 Like

Day 13 Raids - Observations are

• My raid defense below 50% again!
  • Attacks on my defense has doubled from the day before. (Post-Ninja Tower event)
  • Telluria still heavily used!
  • Vela, Heimdall, Kunchen and Poseidon were prominent today!

I went 16-0 attacking and 10-16 defending. Of the 42 raid battles today (both attacking and defending), 32 were non-Telluria tanks. Here is the list of tanks I ran into:

• Telluria - 10x
  • Kunchen - 4x
  • Heimdall - 3x
  • Poseidon - 3x
  • Vela - 3x
  • Boril - 3x
  • Elena - 2x
  • Evelyn - 2x
  • Jean-Francois - 2x
  • Khagan - 2x
  • Thorne - 2x
  • Anzogh - 1x
  • cTiburtus - 1x
  • Delilah - 1x
  • Frigg - 1x
  • Justice - 1x
  • Kadilen - 1x

I’ll do a summary of the last 2 weeks tomorrow.

@JAWS1

Anecdotal but I too have noticed my defense (Jabber-cRichard-Tell-GM-Lepus) has been attacked a lot more often now, and while it’s still holding a roughly 60-70% win rate, I can definitely notice the drop. Win rate is higher than yours because I don’t care to/can’t stay in diamond. so hanging out at between 2000-2300 cups.

I think people are starting to figure out Telly (or maybe they just mono red and hope to get lucky…), and tbh I’m also getting a bit sick of her. The latest nerfs made her a pretty bad healer on offense - usable, but just not great at all. I’m also starting to find that centers that do a ■■■■ ton of damage upfront tend to really punish bad boards and fast. Telly as tank is really just there to stall you out while the flanks and wings kill you, so if you don’t have those A+ heroes, you’re probably better off not trying to imitate the top 100.

I think once I have Lianna+costume maxed and emblemed, I may just strip all her emblems and run Richard as tank instead. I have enough paladin emblems to bring him to +16, and with costume bonus focusing on the def/HP path on the paladin side, he’ll come out with 929 def and 1494 HP, or basically just as tanky as Telluria. At +18 he’ll pick up two more defense nodes for a total of 965 defense.

Obviously he doesn’t heal or spam minions or slow your mana and there are many green snipers to counter him, but his costume does hit pretty hard, and that attack debuff is just as bad if you can’t cleanse it in time. GM would hopefully help slow down a heavy green stack, and Lianna+CB to one shot their heroes if they get a bad board. If I do make the switch my defense will probably end up something like Joon-GM-(C)Richard-Lianna-Jabber

Btw the (c)Richard tanks you’ve faced, do you remember what the rest of the team was and what cup level they’re at?

@Jaws

Overall the Ursena team has been holding me in the low 2600s with the lowest drop to about 2497 and a high that bummed me up almost to 2997, but that was lucky timing when I logged on. 10 mins later back to 26XX. To me I am facing 80%-90% Telluria tanks and I have filling 2-3 raid chests a day. It gets to a point it can be repetitive. But there are far less velas…

@rho I agree with you. At this point, Telluria is shadow of her original self. She does virtually no damage and her healing does nothing to help the rest of the team survive. I will eventually move away from Telluria as my tank as it can’t hold Diamond level in its current state unless I do a ton of raids each day to offset all the loses my defense sustains on a daily basis.

Richard is ok, but the teams I have seen have had issues staying in Diamond as most were just at or below 2400. cRichard performs better, but still is not going to turn any heads. It should allow you to hold Diamond, but you will have to work at it. Here are the Richard lead teams I faced in the last 24hrs:

Some of the new heros coming out may be worth looking at or if you get Frigg, Ursena, or some of the other traditional tanks used before Telluria came out like Guinevere, BK, Kunchen, Heimdall, etc. Save your Epic tokens for the Halloween and Christmas events and your costume token for Nov/Dec costume events.

@Darkness11 Ursena appears to be the best tank currently in my opinion until we see more of how Frigg holds up. I fear we will see another nerf for Telluria because of the overwhelming number of teams that are still using her as tank. Of the 519 tanks I faced over the past 2 weeks, 113 were Telluria tanks. That’s around 20% usage. I’m sure it’s much higher in the Top 100. All other tanks were between 1% and 5% usage. This is still unbalanced. The future looks even more bleak for Telluria. :sob:

Yeah, I am hovering currently around 2500-2600 with my team of C-Vivica+20, QoH 4/80, Heimdall+20, Vela+19 and Kage+7. Though my Heimdall holds well with his 1003 defense :upside_down_face:. Otherwise ton of Telluria tanks who I welcome since I got Skadi last Valhalla, and with two healers she’s almost a win button even against GTV teams.

1 Like

Totally agree @Jaws ! If they nerf her again, I’ll reset her emblems. Right now we are still green war tanks. I would have to go alby +20 or frigg +8 if I did that if we kept green war tanks. Emblems would Prob go to Clarissa. Not sure I would put any on Frida, Arthur or Richard with costume. . Frida didn’t improve that much when I had her +15. I reset her and put on Telly. The other two I never use. Than I could test Guin vs Ursena better as I would have a better purple flank.

1 Like