Telluria nerfed, how effective it was?

Let me know how it goes with Zim in for Vela! I’m currently doing the same thing (two red flanks for Tell).

Building on the above list / stats

2020-10-12T00:57:00Z

60x Rerolls
Starting trophis: 2647

Telluria & vela - 22
Telluria Tank (no Vela) - 18
Telluria Elsewhere - 1 (All Flanks)
Vela Only - 5 (1 flank, 1 tank, 3 Wing)
No Telluria or Vela - 14

Total Telluria Tanks = 40 – (67%)
Total Non-Telluria Tanks = 20 – (33%)

Telluria Tank, Vela Flanks = 22 – (37%)
Vela Flanks = 23 – (38%)
Non-Vela Flanks = 37 – (62%)

Overall Stats.

Sample Size: 170

Telluria Tanks = 90 – (52.9%)
Non-Telluria Tanks = 80 – (47.1%)

Telluria Tank, Vela Flanks = 45 – (26.5%)
Vela Flanks = 54 – (31.8%)
Non-Vela Flanks = 116 – (68.2%)

4 Likes

The nerfing of Telluria has insignificant effect. Telluria is still fearless and formidable both offense and defense of all the heros in Zynga/ SG. I like to buy Telluria for $1,000. I bet if Telluria is in Tavern of Legends, Zynga recoups his investment in acquiring SG. Soo many players will try their luck or lack, whatever.

I’d sell you mine at +20 for $1000…heck, I’d let her go for $10!

1 Like

:joy: Really? You’d sell your Telluria with 20 emblems for $10?

You would very very quickly have sellers remorse my friend. She’s worth a lot more than that still.

My defence doesn’t feel a lot different still…and I use Telluria in my Green raid and war team for the added Critical boost (stacks with my Chameleon)

Which is exactly what I did before. This nerf for me has changed nothing. But it has given me a big pile of emblems so it’s all good here.

I think the nerf on telly is to much, before this need I’ve been only using blue raid teams (Frida/skadi/Athena). Maybe the only thing that needed toned down was her heal as it would be equal to 5 stacks of skadis damage. Now Tell has no damage weaker minions weak heal, if she remains this weak I’d want her heal back raised so she can still have use in support or up her damage back

1 Like

A different angle on the effectiveness.

Anecdotal.

Pre-Telluria
Raid chest filling would often land me at the bottom of the top 100 globally.

Telly released
Raid filling would leave me in the thousands (2xxx or 3xxxx)
Took emblems from Kunchen, stopped raiding with him.

Vela 1st Nerf
Raid filling would leave me in the high triple digits.
I also changed raid team completely with addition of Mitsuko.

Telly/Vela Nerf October 2020
Raid filling got me into top 50 globally two days in a row. Was #7 yesterday without realizing it.

Still seeing a lot of GTV centers but there are a LOT more tanks being tried out now. Seeing BK, Ursena, Richard and Guin again.

Clearly things are settling out as people experiment but just looking at where I landed on the daily raid chests shows a major change in the effectiveness of Telly at tank although there is a slight skew as the heroes in my raid team improve (new entrants are not taking emblems from others in their class, they can do their job well enough without wasting resources in resetting).

Another question is how many flags does it take to fill the raid chest.
That has plunged as my win percentage has skyrocketed since the October nerf (sorry, no deep data), I have been resetting the chest midmornings on weekdays if the tournament raids went well (5-0 or 4-1) whereas before I sometimes used all six flags plus the tournament to fill the chest.

IMO - the nerf was too effective.

I also wonder if this is the SG strategy.

1 Like

Continuing on:

2020-10-14T03:26:00Z

60x Rerolls
Starting Trophies: 2610

Telluria & vela - 10
Telluria Tank (no Vela) - 12
Telluria Elsewhere - 2 (All Flanks)
Vela Only - 6 (5 flank, 1 tank, Wing)
No Telluria or Vela - 30

Total Telluria Tanks = 22 – (37%)
Total Non-Telluria Tanks = 38 – (63%)

Telluria Tank, Vela Flanks = 10 – (37%)
Vela Flanks = 15 – (25%)
Non-Vela Flanks = 45 – (75%)

Overall Stats.

Sample Size: 230

Telluria Tanks = 112 – (48.7%)
Non-Telluria Tanks = 118 – (51.3%)

Telluria Tank, Vela Flanks = 55 – (23.9%)
Vela Flanks = 69 – (30.0%)
Non-Vela Flanks = 161 – (70%)

2 Likes

@Terra

Within the last 9 days my defense hold a record of 9:13 so rughly 41%. I think you need a different setup for double red to work as flanks for Tellu. Will switch back to Vela as soon as i have gathered enough data.

Telluria has now completely vanished from the top 15. Time to give her something BACK SG! She was supposed to be strong, not mediocre

1 Like

She is still strong. We still face her plenty in wars.

There’s just other combos now that work a bit better if you have infinite money to throw at this.

If you don’t and still have Telluria she’s doing just fine. I haven’t changed mine yet and I’m still holding Diamond and win plenty of defences.

2 Likes

Telluria’s place has now been taken by Frigga in the top and all raids. And with each passing month there will be more and more Valhalla Frigga. Well, Telly’s nerf has reached a great balance, instead of one green hero, now another green hero, standing ovation …

You are absolutely correct! A standing ovation to make other choices viable as well!

Mission accomplished

Just note that Frigg is far more rare than Telluria. I don’t have Frigg for example (but I do have 5 S3 5* so complaints, just not got her)

So the top of the board is populated by a lot of the spenders. They will and have always chased the best heroes. Telluria was the best by a mile, now she’s still very good but maybe not the best so other choices are viable.

That’s the point. I should still be able to compete with Telluria (and I do) and she should still be good as a tank (and she is, I just got my behind given to me by a Telluria 4550 team in the war…)

So TLDR - ovation agreed. Well done SGG on bring back some balance.

1 Like

I don’t completely agree with you. The problem with Telluria was that she was OP, not that she was the strongest hero. So the correct action would have been to have her still the strongest hero (at least within the bounds of what was available when she was HOTM) without being completely OP. Now I see a lot of Black Knights in the top, a hero that was already available and is now stronger. Mission failed.

Yes it’s a tight balance, but that is what’s required when you start nerfing heroes.

But if she stayed the absolute strongest hero then nothing would have changed. She needs to be good and still good enough to use. Which she is.

But of course the meta changes and new synergies are found. These may never have happened without the changes. I still see plenty of Telluria tanks in diamond raids. She’s still there, she’s still very good.

But I also see other tanks and colours that aren’t green. So mission is accomplished, the meta has been shaken up.

I don’t think Black Knight is a better tank than Telluria, until you consider support options. Vela used to destroy red stacks. Around the same time Vela was nerfed you had Frigg released who I think is the best flank especially for red tanks where she will destroy you if you don’t clear green(weak)tiles, and Francine who punishes blue stacks. Also, Zeline is strong against blue stacks, and costume Kadelin is a good flank. In general I think nature still has the strongest tanks and red the one of the weakest, but Black knight is by far the best out of the group. I Think nature now also has the strongest group of fast damaging flanks, so we are seeing more red tanks, especially Black Knight to take advantage of this.

2 Likes

To reverse Telluria as a widespread tank, it is needed to nerf her to way below the best league of tank available, and that objective has already been accomplished. She is being dropped out as a tank option for the top competitive players. She is no longer prevalent, and now is a second rate tank, same as Kunchen.
From the feedback of my alliance, the following heroes lose less defensive raid points than her:
BK,
Garnet
Frigg
Heimdell
The list is not complete yet.

The objective is that Tell was the strongest hero in the game and she was Hotm . Widespread majority of the players had her and they had no need to pull much because she was OP. Now they nerfed Tell out of the way and have new Heroes behind a paywall that if you want to be at the top you need to get Frigg, Odin for Deff and Ninja’s for offense. Now everything is great !!!

So much this. I track defenses in top 100 where the player is off for more than 1 hour to get an idea for defense wins. The majority right now have one thing in common: Frigg flank. The tank is either BK, Garnet or (more recently) Bera. I suspect (but have no hard data) that some of these defenses have win rates not too far away from peak GTV, and clearly way better than nerfed GTV. So the nerf was effective.

Some off-topic comments about red tanks

The only thing I am not sure about is whether BK is by far the best red tank. He seems to be quite beatable for relatively week teams (based on how low some of these defenses drop). OTOH, it looks like Garnet is tough, too, especially with Onyx and Cobalt in the corners.

1 Like

Black knight and Garnett both appear to be vastly outperforming tell.

Frigg as a flank appears to be very strong.
Odin Francine zeline or costume kad all seem strong as well. Zeline in particular is better than vela ever was. But with no nerfbat.

Krampus with double gm and a frigg flank also seems like it can do well

1 Like