Telluria nerfed, how effective it was?

So in today’s war, my Velluria front was one shotted five times. That hasn’t happened til now. Only one war, but feels like this particular swing of nerf bat has connected right where it hurts

Certainly raiding her has become less challenging. Previously it was close to game over when she fired, now you still have a chance, which is actually good

I think I am going to strip emblems from both of them and use a Heimdall tank with Lepus flank. That should go ok :+1:

Overall as a Telly and Vela owner I feel. This round has worked and was probably necessary

2 Likes

I did a few raids also…and is like she is not even there. Even if she fires 1.2 times…she can’t do nothing. I lost a few raids, but just becouse of the boards not becouse TV.

2 Likes

Always interest me how we decide whether a hero is overpowered and needs a nerf. For me it entirely depends on the boards.

Good boards I don’t have a problem I’m happy and the games good.

Bad boards then the games rubbish, RNG is against me and all the heroes are overpowered.

Do testers raid with rainbow boards and heroes with same attributes to test how powerful heroes are.

For me it’s the boards

2 Likes

fwiw it doesn’t matter what testers do or how they test

their feedback is of little to no value to devs anyways…if it was more valuable a lot of problems we have or have had would have been avoided

but to answer your question how a typical experienced player or tester would determine how effective or ineffective a hero is on defense or offense, is usually based on how easy or hard it is to recover from an average or worse board

to test against defenses, testers don’t change the way they set up their teams as far as changing styles from mono to 3-2 to rainbow etc etc unless they want to specifically test those styles. at least from what i can tell anyways as i haven’t seen any beta feedback specifically saying they use a different style in beta than they would in live game

one thing that noticeably changed with the new meta from the old was how many turns a player had before & after the front 3 defenders fire before the match is unrecoverable

there was times guin & company could fire multiple times and a player still at least had a chance at winning(of course the chance went down each time they fired)

whereas this new meta, at least upon initial full release, 2 out of 5 heroes firing in defense lowered the chance to recover noticeably more drastically than previous setups

telluria and vela combo originally was pretty over the top, I’ve found it surprising that was ever up for debate

but in recent months after some changes, they seemed fine to me and players used them because they were still best available. but availability doesn’t equate to OP unless you ask devs who feel players aren’t spending enough on s3 to get these new heroes but that’s moreso as the s3 heroes are pretty luckluster and don’t bring a ton of useful variety to the table than what we already had

players that have mn or alby aren’t goin to dumpa bunch of cash to chase heimdall

players that have 1 or more marjanas maxed already aren’t goin to jump and chase gefjon

players that have 1 or more blue snipers already aren’t going to chase fenrir

etc etc etc

s2 heroes, event heroes, and past hotm have been more vaulable to the playerbase due to how unique they were upon release

devs have ran out of steam in s3 so their answer to increase the value of newer lackluster heroes is to deteriorate the old ones down to unusable and force a player to quit, spend, or just go f2p and watch as the time or money or both already invested fails to remain relevant as new bushy eyed players fall into the same ol trap everyone else already has

31 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: October 2020 Balance Update - Discussion

You Jokesters, gimme data, videos, something else than just angry words. I know you feel disappointed but there are plenty of other topics to vent.

4 Likes

@ThePirateKing this top 10 has to be fake as I can’t see Deadlift in there :wink:

3 Likes

Data is:

Fire tiles at will into Telluria. She only hits back with 60 damage per hero of yours.

Charge up her special. Charge it up twice. Charge it up 3x. It poses no threat to you.

As soon as your five heroes have their own specials fully charged, no matter if they took awhile because of Telluria’s mana reduction, fire away your own specials and start killing enemy heroes. Telluria’s weakened minions do not offer much protection any longer, and her healing is not a factor when you lay 2 or 3 specials into a target enemy, you can kill it from full health and minion protected to dead, no problem.

You can bring any heroes, any colour. No need to bring red heroes at all. No need to bring mono.

Literally attack Telluria with anything. Charge her up without fear.

And proceed to win.

5 Likes

I’m quite happy with how effective this nerf was! I’m a Telly owner myself, and I’ve always figured SG could nerf her without putting her in the trash can. Looking at their history, they’re really good at that. It looks like Telly is still a top tank (maybe still THE top tank), but no tank should ever stand a chance against a team with great resources that’s specifically designed to destroy it. I think that for a player with all the 5* you could want, every raid should be easy.

I’m hoping this is Telly’s last nerf. Looks to me like they actually did the job & brought her down to mortality. But I still hope that over time, she still becomes less prevalent. Yeah, it’s cool having the #1 hero in the game, but I also like seeing variety. It’s possible she’s still in a little more than half of top defense teams because she’s just what everyone has emblems in, and she works. I wouldn’t want her to be nerfed so bad that everyone feels forced to change their teams. So right now she might be so prevalent because she fits the bill and she’s what everyone’s built up, but not because she’s the only one who can claim that “#1 Tank” status. I hope that’s the case.

So I’m gonna kick back in my lawn chair, sip on my victory from drawing my first & only top-tier hero, and enjoy the calm winds of knowing that these stats may be final. It’s nice knowing that your hero might not be nerfed in ways you don’t even know yet.

1 Like

Lol, that’s because somewhere I read that he changed to BK tank and dropped out of the leaderboards. :rofl:

It is now a little bit easier to kill her

Why so? You can’t see any value in her? Not in tournaments, or maps or any level of defense? Worthless to you or whole player base? Would you please open that quite strong opinion of yours a little bit more.

2 Likes

That’s no Data, it is your personal opinion…
You want some Data?

Effect of Changes:

Damage:
before nerf: ~150/all = ~750
after nerf: ~80-100/all = ~400-500

Heal:
before nerf: 306/3 rounds = 102
After nerf: 274/3 rounds = 91
(Numbers without Healbonus from Manatroops)

Minions:
Before nerf: +20 Talents, 1539 HP, Manatroops ×5 = 1000HP(200HP)
After nerf: same settings ×5= 690HP(138HP each)

No other changes to her special. So where is the big impact you’re talking about? She is a little bit less tanky ok, but she still withstands a mono 3-match and her manaslow is as powerfull as before.

There is something special about her which no other hero has as far as i know… When Tellu fires her Special it increases her Chances to go off a 2nd time especially when combined with either atk down or def up. Now what that meant was that she consistantly dealt ~1500 damage without slash and minions, while enabling her flanks and wings. A double hit by Vela+Grave that isn’t cleaned instantly meant game over. So not only bad boards, not only average boards but also above average boards did not mean you will win.
After nerf she only punishes average and bad boards now especially cause alot of players drop Vela.

5 Likes

Got an update @Guvnor?

2020-10-17T05:03:00Z

60x Rerolls
Starting Trophies = 2681

Telluria & Vela - 12
Telluria Tank (no vela) - 15
Telluria Elsewhere - 5 (All flanks)
Vela Only - 3 (2 flank, 1 tank)
No Telluria or Vela - 25

Total Telluria Tanks = 27 – (45%)
Total Non-Telluria Tanks = 33 – (55%)

Telluria Tank, Vela Flanks = 12 – (20%)
Vela Flanks = 17 – (28.3%)
Non-Vela Flanks = 43 – (71.6%)

@JAWS1 was updating when when you asked :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

This has been my finding as well. Which I think is the problem. I think the nerf was too much.

I think they need to make her do punishing damage, or have strong minions and mana slow not a little bit of everything.

2 Likes

Punishinig damage or strong minions have no place on hero with almost 1k def.She should have Guin stats and class and we would be ok with release version

So I slept with 2600 Trophies and woke up with 2200 ! Have both Vela and Telluria :frowning:

4 Likes

Indeed… I maxed her originally as support in green - used her on defence because I’d maxed her, but that isn’t why I gave her the tonics.

I don’t like my defensive heroes to have no utility outside defence - in my view it’s a waste of emblems and, because of emblems, a handicap.

I went back to tanking BK as soon as Telly became useless on offense - he does an good job of holding cups and stalling war attackers, but more importantly he does it while also being very useful in attack.

4 Likes

I’m usually sitting around 2500 trophies - that’s my “resting point” I guess. When raiding I’ll rise to say 2750 before I run out of flags…I get hit back down - rinse and repeat.

Before and after nerf feels very similar on my side. I’m still winning defences, still losing them much as I did.

Raiding I’m still seeing a lot of Telluria and I’m hitting them to see how it feels.

The ones I’ve lost are because of the board but, and here’s my opinion, Telluria is still very Tanky. She’s not as offensive as she was but she’s still got plenty of Defence and Health so she’s become more passive. Basically she’s become a tile sponge and functions as a wall to try and let the 2 flanks fire. Which is different to how she was playing I feel. You still have to go in with respect, you can’t just pick any old nonsense and expect a win.

Vela with -24% attack is still a nuisance but not as horrid as previous. Still hurts and for me, still my best Druid choice.

I think we can now say they are no longer head and shoulders above the rest but both are still decent.

Issue is for a lot of people she remains there best tank choice still…so they will keep her in Tank in wars and defence due to a lack of other valid options.

And the nerf bat will swing again should that be the case…but hopefully not. Though Another 500 free emblems would be nice too :joy:

4 Likes