Telluria nerfed, how effective it was?

Very nice and positive thread, hope it doesn’t get deranged into another vent thread. First of all congratulations on Global rank 3. Great job. Now as for the afterlife, there’s already a lot of murmur among top alliances about what they want to do about tanks. Telluria is still great and he will continue to dominate the mid level scene for quite some time now, but I guess sooner or later we will start seeing more varieties in tanks in the top levels. Especially, with the buffed S3 heroes and reduced emblem costs, we might even see multiple +20 defenses, each specific to the new war rules which are currently being tested in beta. Especially, the very fast wars will likely see a resurgence of purple tanks (Alfrike, Ursena, Kunchen, Killhare, etc… ). All in all, I think we are in for some exciting times ahead and only time will tell us whether SG was successful in bringing back variety into the game or not.

EDIT: After reading this thread, I also got inspired by @Aunty and went Telluria hunting. Indeed he is much easier to beat now, even with Vela. Ended up global rank 2. :slight_smile:

This was the team I used. Nothing fancy, 100% Season 1 heroes. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Thank you!

And then some more!

1 Like

Thank You! I hope this stays positive and maybe we can get some ideas about our future too.

I’m waiting eagerly to see and try new wars. I used to love wars but lately with clone alliances, not so much. Trying and learning new things is what keeps game fresh and interesting. That was gone, and I hope it will return.

I feel that new emblem costs will reduce power gap soon and it is really nice to get some materials back when moving emblems. Still it would be quite a tough decision to transfer those best suitable every war, but perhaps true end game players can afford it?

1 Like

Most likely yes. I think at this point most of the top players have almost a second hero in each class maxed. So, with increased drop rates it would not be a surprise if they get another 3rd hero close to +18 in each class in the next 6 months. That will give them a variety of options for defense teams.

For the more beginner and intermediate players, the new war rules will help them use all their heroes to their full potential. For example, in very fast wars slow heroes like Little John, Skittles, Gadeirus, Jott, Colen, Sumle, Justice, Elena, Isarnia, Santa etc, will get an opportunity to shine more. For the minion boost heroes like Gobbler, COD, Kvasir, Bera, Noor and Grimble will definitely play some role, and so on.

2 Likes

I have chatted with Staff elsewhere and asked if they can pass along updates about the efficacy of the balance changes over a couple of time periods.

For me personally, the metric I elected to use was to just do a bunch of Re-Rolls in diamond raid arena.

Yesterday about 3 hours after the changes I did 40 re-rolls (2650 trophies):

• 18x Telluria Tanks
  • 1x Telluria Flank
  • 21x Defences without Telluria.

I didn’t have any data from before the balance changes were announced but I’m pretty confident that the #'s were a lot higher haha

10 Likes

2020-10-08T03:35:00Z

50x Rerolls.
Starting Trophies – 2599

Telluria & Vela - 11
Telluria Tank (no vela) - 13
Telluria & Vela Elsewhere - 1 (Both flanks)
Telluria Elsewhere - 1
Vela Only - 3 (2 flank, 1 tank)
No Telluria or Vela - 21

Total Telluria Tanks = 23 – (46%)
Total Non-Telluria Tanks = 27 – (54%)

Telluria Tank, Vela Flanks = 11 – (22%)
Vela Flanks = 14 – (28%)
Non-Vela Flanks = 36 – (72%)

18 Likes

Your commitment to data gathering is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Raiding telly vela after the 3rd nerf:

Yeah they are easier now.

Even with all 4* red team i can still win some (and lose some). Previously this is almost impossible.

I don’t have evidence like the above, but anecdotally, I have found that telly and vela are easier to beat, but my boards seem to be worse than they were? Maybe…

2 Likes

@Aunty

Congrats getting to top 3 global. But, hey, I thought you retired. I just read your name last night in Farewells - MASTER List - Add your favourite past forum great or player who quit [WIKI].

With regard to the recent Telluria nerf, I still think that she is still the premier tank and it is premature that players changed tanks or stripped Telly of emblems in favor of other heroes. Sure, the synergy with the Veluria is apparent as Vela now is not even a shell of her former self. It is just now a question of who would best replace Vela to flank Telly. Of course, GM would be the other flank. No other blue hero can do what Vela could, even nerfed: damage all, deals DoT, debuffs attack to all, all at fast mana. But there are players, elite ones, who are using Telly as tank but supported by no single blue hero, yet they have a formidable defense.

:nerd_face:

I sort of did. And then came back for my daily dose. I’ve heavily cut my spending though, at mo all three accounts are without vip or valour pass.

But managed I cut :smoking: (4 months ago) and they say you are supposed to get rid of one addiction at time, or doomed to fail. Happier this way.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. I have a Tell tank and was just trying to see how the changes affected my defense in raids. I don’t think I noticed much of a loss in fight numbers, but it seems my trophy loss has increased as it is harder to stay in the 2600-2700 area now. I will keep Telly for a bit to see how it goes still, but I really think that if they are looking to have a widespread use of heros for tanks/flanks/wing they will never achieve it because there will always be one option better then the rest for most people and those who can will build around that hero and spend to get that hero.

Someone mentioned worse tiles? I always notice them the most after game update, but then again I probably complain about them all the time haha.

Just curious who people are using now to replace Tell? Are you going with S3 heros? I’m limited to my roster of S1 and S2 heros. No longer spending on the game and trying to look for a good team if I have to replace Tell. I may go back to BK, but the blue offensive teams can be really strong. Similar problem with using Aegir and green offensive teams. I like Tell because the red offensive heros I found to be much weaker then any other color.

Have fun with what you got.

1 Like

My boards yesterday good and the fact that Velluria doesn’t kill you with first hit gave me a bit more time to collect mana. In fact I was able to take full load from GM-Tell-Vela and lived to win the match.

It’s been long time I have felt game was nothing more than purely lucky based (bad opening board, bye bye) but I sort of felt it had some small hope for moving skill based.

What I miss from the original Telluria was her being a playable hero in offense, maps and quests. Unlike most tank where they only excel at tanking and does not offer much in offensive raiding and in maps and quests, Telluria’s initial damage may not be as strong as other AOE heroes, but she provides Heal Over Time and minions to all allies. Now, her initial damage has been significantly reduced on an already poor damage-dealing hero, her HOT doesn’t give much health as before, and that her minions easily die nowadays. The sad thing is, I only have Alberich as substitute for the HOT and I don’t have a green minion summoner except Buddy and I dont have a decent AOE nature hero to replace Telly in offensive raiding or in maps or quests.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: October 2020 Balance Update - Discussion

@Ian487 please, let’s keep this “i want my this and that back” -free.

1 Like

Ok (but I still want them back) :wink:. Anyway, on topic, my attitude towards Telluria dramatically changed over time. I was one of the nerf supporters and I think the first nerf was welcomed, but now they’ve gone too far… the butchering of these two great heroes was unnecessary. I, for one, hope Telluria keeps her well deserved all time #1 tank position, I very much enjoied hunting her and her usual friends these last month… anyway, even if she becomes a foot note, SG should always remember where the release of extremely OP heroes leads to… cause the player base sure won’t forget what having their heroes butchered feels like. I think the most important aspect of this nerfing soap opera aftermath will not be best reflected on the battlefields but in trust loss SG suffered after the GTV episode.

Anyway, browsing top100, things don’t seem to have changed much. I guess Telluria+20 is still the tank of choice for over 50% of the top players. One thing changed though… Vela’s nowhere to be seen… oh, and Deadlift switched to BK and fell out of top 10 :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Depends if your intention was to make me lose more than I win now, then nerfing Telluria was very effective

1 Like

So in today’s war, my Velluria front was one shotted five times. That hasn’t happened til now. Only one war, but feels like this particular swing of nerf bat has connected right where it hurts

Certainly raiding her has become less challenging. Previously it was close to game over when she fired, now you still have a chance, which is actually good

I think I am going to strip emblems from both of them and use a Heimdall tank with Lepus flank. That should go ok :+1:

Overall as a Telly and Vela owner I feel. This round has worked and was probably necessary

2 Likes

I did a few raids also…and is like she is not even there. Even if she fires 1.2 times…she can’t do nothing. I lost a few raids, but just becouse of the boards not becouse TV.

2 Likes