Telluria: male or female

Says “generally” not as a matter of factually

1 Like

Leave it to our ridiculous over-woke culture to make the most overpowered hero a non-binary zee.

3 Likes

Interesting stuff I always consider Telluria as female specially with all does rings on the hand and that cat face.

3 Likes

More importantly, what is Telluria? It’s got a feline head, humanoid hands, and hoofed feet. Almost feels like someone decided on one thing then changed their minds 1/3 way through twice. :joy:

Fwiw my alliance agreed on calling Telluria a “cat tree”.

6 Likes

So… a Lion meets a deer… He’s on fire going for the hunt… Sartana appears… They get involved in a strange threesome… Some time later… Telluria appears… You know strange things happen

2 Likes

So… Zimkitha meets Rudolph meets Sartana, red+red+purple = green

Seems legit. :rofl:

I think Telluria is a fawn.

2 Likes

In Indonesia, the title is “Dewa Rimba”. Dewa is masculine word (from Indian: Deva). If Telluria is female (goddes), it should have been “Dewi Rimba”.

@Guvnor maybe it is translation issue.

6 Likes

Not calling the gender of Telluria, i funly refer to Telly as “her/she” but just wanted to add that Telly is a satyr/faun and in classic Greek mythology they were exclusively male. There were no females, or Satyress, until Roman artists later depicted them as females also.

7 Likes

From the picture:

Male:

• “God”
  • Knee pads
  • lots of chest hair
  • No flowing beautiful hair or other female gender clues

Female:

• 4 rings, 3 earrings
  • Nail polish on claws
  • lack of big male biceps
  • Name sounds like a girls: Tellur ia

Neutral:

• horns
  • lips
  • eyes
  • hoofs
  • shoulder wraps
  • staff

I think there’s enough stuff here that everyone can own Telluria and call him/her whatever they wish. There’s evidence on all sides that you’d be right! :wink:

Apart from an official ruling from SG, I think the gender will remain ambiguous.

22 Likes

Looked those two terms up and by golly you’re right! Mystery solved!

2 Likes

God =>male deity; Goddess => female deity
But the HotM rotation points towards a female entity…so we can assume any pronoun…

FWIW worth Tellurian means “of the earth” and generally the Earth is referred to as feminine. Earth deities in most myths are female. Thor’s mother is generally depicted as Jord (possibly the Norse earth goddess – Jord means earth). BTW one of Thor’s sons is Magni, who survived Ragnarok.

2 Likes

But Telluria is not human :sweat_smile:

Neither is Grazul, yet I remember a gender debate on that one too… :wink:

2 Likes

I’m not sure with the squirrel.
Any hints?

Screenshot_20200401_023144

3 Likes

If it were female it would have bikini bottoms at least? Dunno, I thought it was male… :wink:

EDIT: Alternatively, from that great bastion of unedited knowledge, Wikipedia:

Ratatoskr is described in the Prose Edda’s Gylfaginning’s chapter 16, in which High states that

An eagle sits at the top of the ash, and it has knowledge of many things. Between its eyes sits the hawk called Vedrfolnir […]. The squirrel called Ratatosk […] runs up and down the ash. He tells slanderous gossip, provoking the eagle and Nidhogg.

Slanderous gossip?? Is that more likely Male or Female? :rofl:

2 Likes

there was a debate on GM lol :man_facepalming:

True story though…I never ONCE noticed GM’s hair until this post.

2 Likes

He

3 Likes

Telly is a lady forsure. And I hate her.

1 Like