TM + CW (Formerly just Technicolor Minds) (Casual, laid-back alliance, Titan slayers wanted, war optional)

Never thought I’d say this, but we are almost full. Our numbers are 25.

I’ll try to make today’s recruitment pitch a little shorter, so it’ll be more like a progress report than my usual long winded rants. I am still grateful for everyone that came on board and amazed at how this alliance I helped create have come such a long way since its inception almost half a year ago. Essentially went from an alliance that downs 3* Titans and flirts with 4* to a fresh one about the same boat, but at least most members are active. But now, our 25 members have propelled us to doing 5* and killing half the 6* we see. We saw our first 7* the other day, but didn’t have enough to bring it down.

If casual, no drama, no pressure gameplay with supportive peers is your style, consider Technicolor Minds

1 Like

Nice pitch Boss! :smiley: We’ll be crushing that 7* soon enough. Active Elders and us Noobs levelling every day.

2 Likes

Noobs won’t stay noobs forever. Play everyday means getting stronger each day, even if it is just leveling up a hero here and there. It is all about time and patience.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :wink:

1 Like

Hi there!

Thanks for the response on the other thread in the forum (I replied to a post by @Landis ). Sorry it took a few days to get back to you.

FYI that thread is: Lone Hunters - an experiment for casual newbies and newer players - #7 by Landis

I do think I would like to join your alliance. I did not however see anyway to request an invite … Perhaps I need to leave my current alliance before I can request an invite though … ?

On that point, I am currently fighting in a war with my current alliance and would like to wait before leaving (we have 20/25 war points and maybe we will win this one. And I also understand if I leave before the chest is opened that I forfeit anything I’ve earned to date, so I really don’t want to do that.)

Would you let me know what I need to do to get an invite to join you?

Thanks!
Robin

@Peppermint / Robin:

Yes, @Landis and I are aware of your situation and glad that you are still giving us a consideration.

You are correct, you will not be able to join another alliance if you are already in one. You’d have to leave the alliance you are currently in, and then find the alliance you wish to join and request to join.

If you are currently in a War, you would likely end up forfeiting the War Chest you may have helped accumulate there once you leave it. As that is still work you helped, if you would like to wait until the current war is over, and hopefully it is a win for your alliance, collect the war chest. Then you can choose to leave that alliance and join us. Otherwise, if it didn’t go planned, you obviously could choose to stay longer to accumulate that 25 war points (hard to leave something on the table for sure).

We don’t wish to rush you or anything, as that is never our intention, but I should let you know that as of this morning, our numbers grew by 2 more so that made our alliance 27 of 30 occupied and spaces are obviously limited by game. So here is hoping that you are victorious in your current war front, and soon have you join us once you collect your war chest.

Technicolor Minds

ok cool thanks! Hopefully we win this one - its very close at the moment. :slight_smile:

Will reply back here once the war ends to let you know either way. Also - I went ahead and proactively installed Line and added you to my friends list.

@Landis @Shohoku79

So the war has ended. We lost by 51 points. Three members didn’t use any flags. And one was an ex member who had just joined a couple days ago (alliance doesn’t require an invite to join). Sigh, very frustrating and the leader hasn’t really lead very much so I suppose it’s a natural outcome.

How close is your alliance to starting a new war chest? If you’re just beginning a new one (or near about) perhaps I should just give up on my progress made so far and request an invite for your alliance now?

Please let me know.

Great to have you on board, @Peppermint. It can be a hard decision to leave an existing alliance and especially so close to that war chest being filled (loot contents notwithstanding), but hopefully us being perhaps a bit more “casually” active means you could enjoy your stay more, we are all for it.

With that said, wow, we are almost full, to hindsight told me that if we didn’t have to cull some of our numbers earlier this year, we could’ve had a full alliance. Again, something I could only imagine a few months back. If you bothered to look a few posts back, you can see my accumulation of recruitment posts indicate we are still struggling to find members. But perhaps numbers do attract people because as we bulked up in size, I’ve noticed the number of applicants/join requests seem to go as well, perhaps people really are more inclined to join larger alliances. But everyone starts small, don’t they?

So we are now 28 of 30 filled. To those that joined, thank you and if you were referred by someone from the forum or line group, I thank those that pointed you our way.

Technicolor Minds - Casually Active Alliance, active Titan hitting, alliance war optional, and most of important of all, supportive group of alliance members. Currently downing 5* and 6* Titans and still looking for our first 7*, but you just might be what we need to push to the next one.

3 Likes

About 5 months ago, I went from being an Elder in a mostly dead alliance to taking a chance to form our own with our core group of active Titan hitters (killing 3* and scratching 4*) and mostly war disgruntles. 2 months later our numbers grew to 15, another 2 months later we had our first merger of alliances, and now, when we are just coming up to our 5 month anniversary, I am glad and proud to report that Technicolor Minds is now a full 30/30 alliance.

Our best record thus far has been most 6* Titans downed and challenging a 7*. But we haven’t had a test of a full alliance, but I am so stoked at what had just transpired, it has been such a surreal experience for me this entire day.

The members of our alliance came from all various experiences and how they got to us, mostly be reading my forum TL:DR posts, I think, but perhaps some came from referrals from sources beyond my knowledge, however you came to find and decide to join Technicolor Minds I am so glad to have you. A big shoutout to the moderators, for allowing me to essentially reply to my own posts here to rehash my pitches, and may have even sent some players our way with encouraging words.

To my alliance members, @Trisha0919, @Nursepapaw, you helped with your encouraging words to remain firm about striking out our own from our old alliance and has been solid support for me ever since, thank you. To the other members, I am not sure if I can name or tag all of you since I don’t know if you all read the forums, but here goes.

sarge98, harades, pirotess, imscorpio74, magdedante - You were from our old alliance who decided take the plunge with. Although most of you have been largely silent hunters in our new home, your relative non-verbal in-game actions is what keeps it running at its heart, without your dedication, it couldn’t have been successful.

@Chilious, @Drumnadrochit, Blackout, Zacho, Mephisto, @Landis, Annburg, @Cassiopeia, and Mahnethil. You came on board and provide rock solid contribution when we needed a breakthrough and has gotten us over new obstacles and into new horizon (Titan tier-wise) time and again.

To some of our newer members who came in within the last month or so, @Haylitch1, Arkenesis, AnThOnY, Last Malkieri, Diya, Rayna, @Will_Braveheart, Chamis69, I_Made_You_Read_This and voodoochild. You guys rock, don’t ever stop asking questions and continue to grow your roster. Please don’t feel like you are alone in your struggles to figuring out this game and/or are holding the alliance back. If you haven’t found out already, some of our alliance members are chattier than most and are generally very helpful when questions are on the table and made sure they don’t stay untouched for long.

Finally, leading up to today, @Peppermint, @GwynBleidd and Eddard to round out the rest of our alliance roster with some solid veterans.

Again, such a surreal and humbling experience for me and I hope you all are here to stay for the long haul and hope we do great things together in-game.

Shuu, Squire of Dauros.

2 Likes

:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2: 20 characters required.

2 Likes

Thanks steve, I’m glad that sarge98,nursepaw,yourself,and a small other few were able to stick this through. I think with alittle guidance to the others we should maintain our support for all in the alliance. Well said to

2 Likes

I totally agree with you on our old alliance, and I am very Proud to say your THE BEST GUILD/ALLIANCE LEADER,MYSELF, AND NURSEPAW AS CO-LEADERS. WE WILL STRIDE TO DO WELL ,SUPPORT 1 ANOTHER,MAKE FRIENDS,AND FRIENDSHIP THAT LAST FOREVER. YOU KNOW THAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT DOING A “RAID PARTY”

1 Like

I just read through your posts and am interested in your alliance if you end up with a vacancy. I have been playing for a couple of months and have just been solo so far. I would like to join an Alliance but don’t want the pressure of having to communicate a lot. I am busy in RL but enjoy gaming as an escape. I am on fairly regularly and have grown pretty quickly by following the advice on these forums. I like the idea of hitting Titans without the pressure of war.

1 Like

Hey there @BlueMan. Thank you for taking interest in our alliance. If we had known about you and your dedication to the game a while ago, we might have been able to help each other out. This surge in membership fulfillment of our last few spots has been somewhat of a surprise for me too, because we had been stuck in the 'teens in member count for a while where I didn’t know how long it would or “if ever” we will ever fill our alliance. But life has its strange surprises.

Joining an alliance is beneficial in that it lets you obtain extra resources/loots to further your base/hero growth through Titan hitting and Alliance War participation (which for us is optional).

You may still choose to join an alliance in the meantime to get familiarized with how the inner workings of an alliance works, and get some loots and additional resources in the process.

Although it is our wish that alliance members stay for the long term, I wouldn’t be too surprised if some member movements may occur in the future for whatever reason, so I will keep your name in mind, if there is ever openings in the future, I will post here like I normally do (don’t want to spam the forums with new posts each time, you know), and tag you for it. If you are still interested at that time, we will be glad to have you.

1 Like

@BlueMan… Turns out that through some differences in membership viewpoints, our numbers opened up. If you are still interested, please come on over.

I am traveling at the moment so not in the game as often as I normally do while at home, but there are other existing members who will should be able to provide help to you should you need them.

Ok, thanks. Will request to join.

1 Like

So, the idea of 30/30 being pretty nice and that people come and go for whatever reason definitely holds true. Perhaps we were too casual to some? Over the past 2 weeks, our ranks went down and up, losing some key players in the process but still had small but important gain to keep us where we were at in terms of Titans faced.

Those that chose to stick around, I appreciate you still finding our causal methods suitable for you. While we still wish to have players hit Titans at a consistent clip, I was actually traveling during this time, but still managed to find free time to hit the Titans that I wonder if some of our members thought I was “really” gone. But there are definitely some players who have been missing some actions, and if not for reasons already brought up within the in-game chats, might be those mulling their alternative options, who knows.

I’ve already stated that Technicolor Minds isn’t a top competing alliance and that those that are in here are going to be primarily hitting Titans and won’t have a lot of active coordination when it comes to wars. Wars require quite a bit of concentration and dedication of time, sometimes it is not just about spending all your war flags and be done, it is when and where to best use them depending on the board. Not being able to allot the time required to do the wars made me opt-out. But for those that opted in, unless you really did run out of heroes to use, you may as well use your flags because your roster has already been accounted for in matchmaking and the point jousting towards the end of a close war might just make a difference between win or lose. Sure you get points for losing, but no one likes to earn 25 points to fill the chest for losing 25 times.

Any way, players come and go for whatever reason. If you are valuing slow growth and would like to do it in a low pressure, no drama sort of environment where players are generally friendly, helpful, and largely not stats driven (e.g. won’t present to you a bunch of numbers in big, hard to understand words than those you might be willing to receive), this is a game of patience after all.

As of Christmas day of 2018, we currently have 3 spots open. 400 Trophy Requirement, War is optional (individually opt-in or out, but if you aren’t going to be actively doing wars, please be courteous and opt out when the chance presents itself), currently killing 6* Titans and some 7*. Players are getting stronger each day, even if slowly, damage counts will go up eventually.

We might be who you are looking for if the above fits your style of play.

Technicolor Minds

Welcome 2019, it is approaching my anniversary on this game.

For those just joining the thread, we are Technicolor Minds. Originally formed from a group of core, casually active players who are largely dissatisfied with our previous alliance’s absentee leadership (no, they were really gone, haven’t logged into the game for 5 months until we finally break camp).

There are two aspects of in-game action when it comes to alliances, that is Titans and Alliance Wars. The single large HP tanks that takes everyone’s best licks and dishes some back (some more than the others). We would like everyone to hit Titans with all their flags available, believe me, if we all do that, we’d be hitting much higher Titans by now. But real life takes place, and people could “not” hit Titan for whatever reason. I really do not want to hold this against them. Our rules aren’t too hard to follow, it is that you hit the Titan whenever you can to help out, and let us know if you are going to be gone from the game for a long while.

Alliance Wars, I don’t like the Wars for the same reason I don’t like Raids. I created an alliance for players who like to do them to opt-in, and those that just want to hit Titans to opt-out of. There are definitely strategies involved in War, but our members mostly try to figure things out rather being told what to do. Sure, we might not win much this way, but we do win some and I think people learn better when they figure things out by trying rather than being told.

So, perhaps this is why some of our members left, they thought we were too casual, lack of discipline, direction, strategy for wars, and is a big waste of time. Perhaps they are right, but to each his/her own. And please allow me to get some things straight, we are not a competitive alliance, being casual and laid back could mean that we might not always call out when to kill a Titan or let it go until a few hours left, could mean some of us can’t always be there when wars are opted in.

Our growth pace is slow, but steady, only limited by the patience and the will to stay playing the game (and the ability to get ascension materials along the way). Whether your play style is spending $ to buy Gems or playing for free (like me), if you are an impatient player (there is no problem in that), allowing absolutely no room for error, we might not be a good fit for you.

So here it is, one the eve of 1/1/2019, still looking for 3 members to fill our numbers. Killing 6* Titans and some 7*. No pressure, no drama, Titan hits primary objective (Alliance Flasking is always by choice and never pressured to use), alliance war optional (if you opt in, please make effort to use your flags to the fullest extent), communicate for long absences. 400 Trophy Requirement. Feel free to grow your roster as you please. There is no wrong way to play this game. Real Life comes first.

Technicolor Minds
Shuu, Squire of Dauros

Hi there Shuu.
Just been reading through your thread and your alliance sounds like a really cool place to be a part of.

I did a search on Technicolor Minds and it looks like you still have one or two openings, would you possibly consider me as a member?

A bit about me…
My ingame name is SC0RNed
I’ve been playing the solo game for a few months (just before the Halloween event), although I still consider myself a beginner.
I joined an alliance a while back, but I don’t think anyone’s heart was really in it. We struggled with 3* Titans, which we could probably beat if more than 4 out of the 30 members would just attack it the once. Losing at wars was pretty common too, I no longer like them, Raids is something I’m not keen on either, but those attacking me do seem to die quite a lot for some strange reason :slight_smile: Quite happy to help kicking the… ahem ‘But’ of a Titan though :slight_smile:

Anyway, I won’t hit the join up button unless you say it’s okay.

Cheers

SC0RNed / James

1 Like

Hello there SC0RNed / James:

Thanks for taking the time to go through some of the TLDR stuff (mostly me) in this post. Hopefully, by now you would know that we are not a competing to for the top, super serious bunch, and just a group of folks who enjoy the game, for what it is, the heroes, the long grind that is the base and hero growth, and most importantly fitting that into our daily real lives.

Our philosophy is just being casually active, Titan is hitting primary, war optional. Just to let you know, we currently have approximately 15 members opting in for wars. And now that the Wars are on maintenance break, feel free to join and hit the Titans, we are currently downing 6* with the occasional 7* and could use every hit we could. Growth might be slow, but we are all getting better each day.

Any way, yes, we do still have spot open as you have already seen from your search, and we aren’t a big, exclusive club by any means (the relatively low membership entry bar of 400 cups should be an indication), we would love to have you aboard if you are still interested. Just go ahead and shoot us an invite.