TC 20 not delivering - MASTER TC20 Vent Thread

After operating two tc20 non-stop for the past 6 months, I could say the results is just nice compared to my luck with summons.
With the likes of Lianna, Marjana, Sartana, Richard x2, Obakan, Isarnia x2, Kadilen x2, Magni and Quintus x2, tc20 has delivered far more legendary heroes than the 1.3k bucks I’ve had spent in various event summons so far ( Quintus, Richard, Kunchen, Rumpelstiltskin, Miki and Anzogh).
I will probably cut the tc20 production once Joon decided to drop by. Till then, tc20s all the way plus few 10 pulls here and there.

Turning c2p/f2p was the best decision indeed!

2 Likes

TC20 is a time/numbers and patience game. I think I was under the estimated pull rate for both 4s and 5s for a long time. I stopped tracking and just let myself be pleasantly surprised when something shows up.

I’ve been running at least one for over a year, but the vast majority of time 2, and the last month or so a third.

I had Kadilen in June, Thorne and Magni a week apart in August, then Elkanen some time after that. Prior to that it had beenm exclusively red and purple, Hopefully I am due for something soon, and preferably something yellow, or Lianna :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I got my 1st 5* on like 48th pull. One can also go 100 pulls without 5*, at 0.95^100 ~ 0.6% prob (assuming 5% for 5*). In the other words, not pulling 5* in 100 consecutive TC20 pulls has the same chance of happening as pulling Victor on Halloween event with a single EHT.

5% prob is kinda nasty, and there can be long drought streaks. My farming of Hellgate Flames in Final Fantasy XII would attest to it.

Anyway, on average 100 pulls should net 5 x 5* heroes. I am currently 3 short, hopefully that will improve before I quit TC20.

1 Like

I’ve had much better luck than you so I’m thinking just keep them going (I usually run 2) and eventually it will even out. I went over two months (10 weeks) with no 5*s not long ago but then pulled my 2nd Lianna and a few days later Magni finally. I’ve been playing about 19 months or so and have gotten (in the 13 or so months I’ve had tc20s) 23 5s. It’s just a matter of time b4 your account catches up to the averages.
As far as the alchemy lab goes, yeah that sucks. The time it takes to upgrade all this new stuff is ridiculous but of all the new buildings, that is by far the biggest disappointment to date imo. Alot of folks aren’t even bothering to create one because of it. I’m still upgrading my food and iron storages so I can make the most useful items in the Lodge but eventually I’m sure I’ll start on the Lab. It’s certainly not a priority right now though.

1 Like

I went 1 TC for 3 months without delivery and only 2x 4*, than I went 2x TC20 for another 3 months without 5* and alltogether with 6x4*. So after ca 140 pulls no results at all. Maybe I should wait another year or so :smile: my collegue is going 1x TC20 for just one month and got 3x 5*. The odds are really strange here.

1 Like

I’ve had a TC 20 for about 1 month I think, and have pulled 3 5* (Sartana, Elena and Lianna) star as well as 2 4* so I’m very happy about my luck. Still, as I do not have ascension materials enough, there is no point to touch them anyway. They’re just sitting at lvl 1, as I’m working on deepening my rooster of 4*. Anyway, I’ll guess to odds will even themselves out after a while.

My big sorrow is that I’ve gotten very few 4* hard hitters in general. I have great healers and support heroes, but almost no single damage ones really worth investing in for my hero compositions. In addition, I can only level most of my 4* to 3/60 as I lack especially gloves enough in order to go all in. Makes it hard to get far above the 3500 Tp mark atm.

Why not? Every tc20 pull has the the same chance whatsoever, regardless of how many tc were running for a certain number of pulls.

Only problem is that’s 100% false. Heroes are generated when collected, not when you tap train. A person posted the proof. They had tc20 in regular and beta and collected in both with different results.

They were both in training ready when beta activated so by your post they should be same. They were different heroes.

I have read your technique before but don’t see how you do it. You can only open one at a time to add more to train. If you could open all 3 orv4 at once maybe you could tap them all at once but you open one and add then close and start another. Even adding while still training like I do takes time and again u can only open one at a time. Whatever you think you’re seeing is not real effect. One it’s way too small of sample to be significant plus bunch of other reasons. Even if you follow whole alliance it’s still small vs player base using tc20.
I generally agree with your posts but this about the technique is just wrong.

I run 3 and I had to wait until pull 38 for a 5. I was collecting singles but after about 20 I did groups of 10 to 15. If I don’t accidently tap tc to collect I wait until last day of AR to collect and then it’s loaded for next month.

I didn’t get a 5 until I collected in group but that’s not why. I just thinkvit mitigates the long stretches of 3s . If I collect 10 from each and get 3 (1 from each) that’s great. Once I collected and from tc1(first tc20) got isarnia, Kadilen and lianna as 1,2 and 6 out of 10. But rest were nothing so I didn’t care as I got 3 good heroes including lianna who I needed bad. Then next collection was more 5s but imagine singles 24 pulls all not 5s then however many before my next collection. I think it was tc2 about half in. So that’s another 10 (assuming you collect at same time it’s 1.1.1 from each so if tc 1 has none but 5c2 has a 5 in 6th spot and tc3 has none that’s really not 29 non 5s in a row, you’d collect 1,1,1 so 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 3 1 1…
Yes you still get 29 non 5s but the 5 comes aftee 16 not 29) sorry if that’s confusing it really doesn’t matter. I just like collecting groups as it feels better imo.

I have all the 4s plus many dupes and all the 5s but sartana, marjana who I want plus elkanen, azlar, quintus and Thorne. I could use elk and azlar I guess but dont need them.
I also have 2 dupes of Joon and Justice plus 1 dupe of Isarnia and magni.
Most of collections were 3 5s but I had 2 w 5s and 1 w 0. But I accidently tapped the middle tc and in the 5 done I did get Leonidas who I needed .
After 100 pulls I was at 7% drop rate but stopped tracking and now am heading to 400 still over 5% but as I need only specific heroes it gets harder since dupes aren’t that helpful though it’s hard to complain about having Joon and Justice with 2 dupes and magni and Isarnia with 1 dupe and maybe some I forgot.

I know one poster had over 100 pulls with 0 and while thats improbable it is possible though less than 1% .

Also running 3 is same as 1 for stats. Each is independent of the others. You just get more in shorter time but odds are same and while it may seem that one of the camps performs better than the others it’s just not true. My middle one was worst but it has worked out recently so the avg rate is same for all.
Just run them round the clock and stack them up from 15.9 in AR so you get nearly a months worth in a few days . Now if we only had the mats.:rofl:

tc20

Some data, make of it what you will :slightly_smiling_face:
Above results for my main account. The year before that is was at 5.6%. My alts perform slightly better at 2.58%. Across the 10 accounts we track all dropped from 5-8% to below 2% since Jun 2019.
The same pattern for 4* mats income which dropped by more than 50% for the same periods even though Titan levels & Loot Tiers were lower for those periods. (Quest & Events excluded since that do not qualify as RNG income)
The lower level accounts perform better than the L65+ accounts.

1 Like

my TC20 is officially broken.
I had no 5* for almost 90 pulls (running 2 TC20 trainings), so I decided to let it pile up and then collect. so just now I collected 26 heroes from both TC’s and still no 5*. that is over 110 trainings without a 5*.

2 Likes

Thats normal, many people have the same odds as you do. I did already 200 pulls with 0x 5* and 9x4* so in % you cant match the statistice at all. On the other Hané, my collegue from Ali pulls a 5* every other training and he is between 30-40% chance after 2 months of training. And the other guys are at 0% as I Am after a year…

Not broken. I went 38 before a 5 then got roughly 3 a month running 3 tc20. But last month nothing and this month only Leonidas. Before that it was about 7% early dropping down to 5 after 300. I’m at about 400 now.

Some say if that happens with none to stop them all collect and restart after a short break. If its true or not idk but if it works go for it, I collect in bunches to put off the streak of nothing since after first 20 it was horrible but now have all but 6 with only really 2 I want. Sartana and Mariana are missing snipers plus azlar, elkanen, Quintus andthorne but I’m fine without them it want the snipers. Plus I have lots of dupes like joon and magni.

Keep it going, its free to run pretty much. Maybe swap camps too. I had one that put out more than other 2 though its a small sample size and not really signicant but I’ll try anything…

Similar here. I am running three tc20s constantly. The last 5* was Elkanen in Dec 04. 100 heroes since then. My 5* drop rate is merely 3.5%.

Ya’ know? I’m really starting to wonder if placement of TC20 in the Stronghold actually matters. A couple of months ago I noticed TC20 was accelerating 5* heroes with the TC20 positioned where I had it in the Stronghold. I asked a few alliance mates to consider moving one to the same spot. Of the three that did so, all of them saw increases in number of 5* heroes delivered in less than 2 months. One guy went from ZERO 5* heros to FOUR in two months. Others saw an additional 2-3 in their roster.

I’m being dead serious. If you want to see if this works for you, consider moving your TC20 to the spot shown in the image below labeled “Legenday Training.” Be patient. Give it 2 months, and see if you see results.

From mid-December to mid-January I pulled Richard, Magni, Sartana, and Justice from this one Legendary training.

I’m gonna give it a try.

I’m up to 198 summons for JUST ONE 5* (Domitia), it is getting ridiculous.

1 Like

And since mid-January, I’ve pulled only one Horghall, so it’s traced off some, but they still show up. Doesn’t hurt to try.

Got two in the first 2 weeks (Lianna and Isarnia), nothing for 2 months. Still ahead of the curve but feels like I’m due.

With such a small chance of training a 5* hero, it would take a pretty huge sample size to detect whether any difference in performance between two training camps (in different locations, for example) was significant or just down to expected random variation. You would need to keep very careful logs of your results for a very long time, and I think the results of one person would not be enough. Just like when the forum collected multiple thousands of TC20 results to estimate the chance of training a legendary hero, I suspect data from dozens of players would be required.

Without careful data collection, we’re all very vulnerable to confirmation bias. Tell me that a TC20 in a particular spot is likely to perform better, and the next time it produces a 5* I will see that as evidence that it does indeed perform better. It would not be evidence of this - it would just be a data point.

There’s nothing to lose by trying this and no reason not to do it. But please let’s not assume it works without evidence.

2 Likes

I totally understand. I’m not confirming anything. I’m just offering an alternative suggestion from an unofficial platforn that has no affect on any playability aspect of the game and is completely free.

1 Like