TC 20 Necessary?

TC20 isn’t worth it for me either as it just takes a ton of recruits for a bunch of duplicate 3* I don’t need. I ran it for 6 months 24/7 and only ever got 2 five star heroes from it in the first month and 2 four star ones overall.
100 recruits à day going towards 50 feeders in tc11 to me means more than wasting 100 recruits every two days on what I might not get.

It does work for some I am sure just not for me.

If you build it, they will come.

There’s very, very little reason NOT to get a TC to level 20.

Reasons against doing one:
You get to humblebrag about never needing to build a TC to 20.
Saves you 1,641K Iron.
Saves you 96 worker hours.

Reasons for doing one:
30 Gem mission reward for getting a TC to level 20
Enables the new “Collect all” button, which saves time tapping for each single hero.
Enables research for Legendary training, most reliable source of 5* heroes.

In summary:
30 gems for using a trainer and some iron is a great trade.

If one spends enough that the gems and hero training option is less valuable than humblebrags, that’s up to you. May have better things to brag about, though.

4 Likes

there is only one reason to build a tc20 now. If your not ever going to spend a dime on summmoning. Your better off using ham and iron for leveling other buildings, feeding heroes and running 4 feeders instead of tying up a tc20. Plus, why waste Matt’s on the heroes you’d get from tc20?

Pffft

I have 36 5* heroes. 33 of them are S1 heroes. For me, TC20 is necessary and relevant.

1 Like

TC20 is needed. As i have 1 HOTM and 1 S2 hero in the last 2 years i have been playing. If anything TC20 needs new heroes added,

Well, like stated above if your F2p or not going to do summoning then yeah tc20 is needed. If you are then it is no longer worth leveling past 11. So, pffft yourself for not reading the thread.

The question was:

For many it is. For some few whales it isn’t. F2P and many C2P, the bulk of the player base, still rely on S1 heroes.

Many also use it as a food bank, which I also do myself.

2 Likes

Not at all. Just aggregate odds.

Each pull has the same odds of a 5* hero, but F2P will have fewer attempts and fewer heroes overall.

If the odds of a 5* are 1.3% and and Player F (for F2P) does a total of 100 pulls over a year with tokens and saved gems, he will have 100 heroes. (Maybe 101 if he got a HotM). Of those 100 heroes, on average, 1.3 of them will be 5*. And realistically, 100 pulls in a year is probably a high estimate for all but the most dedicated grinder.

By contrast, over the same year, Player P (for P2W) does 1000 pulls with purchased gems and tokens. He will have 1000 heroes (plus probably several HotM, but I’m leaving those out for purposes of illustration). Of those 1000 heroes, on average, 13 of them will be 5*.

Yes, I know how to figure the exact percentages, but that’s not important to illustrate the point

Player P now has, on average, 13 5* heroes compared to Player F and his 1.3.

The odds were the same for both. The aggregate results are not.

It’s not necessary to those who already have a solid bench of 5* heroes. If you don’t, or you’re F2P/C2P then yes I’d say it’s pretty necessary.

Lol, I wasn’t questioning odds, lol, just the comment, lol.
All good m8.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you are trying to be funny, serious, a troll or the ultimate P2W newbie with that? Summons do not deliver all things to everyone and neither does TC20, but TC20 gave me both Borils, my second and third Sonya, second Sabina, third Rigard, both Caedmons, Melendor (?) and the second and third Li Xiu i decided to keep. They are relevant and useable.
Finally, what do you need feeders for if you have everything maxed? Clearly you need something to throw food at if you are running TC20(s) and if you summon something worthwhile you can always shut it/them down

He’s dead serious and he’s correct. If you spend on summoning then you will get enough heroes. Your better off having the extra feeders being created from training camp.

And people have all those heroes from pulling for gems before they even manage to build the camp to lvl 20.

I am playing this game for 18 months. Only recently I found myself in a situation where I don’t have a hero to work on - for most of the time I always had one hero per each color. And even now I am levelling Mireweave and Ratatoskr who appeared last summon portal so it’s something to put the feeders in. If I didn’t have anything, I would just keep the feeders in the camps - like I did for some time prior to S3 release, which allowed me to max JF and most of the S3 4 star heroes within a week span from pulling them. Plus I still have a number of heroes which I could potentially start working on if I only wanted - Horghalls, Khagans, Thornes, Elkanens etc who are forever 1/1, but to me they are just not worth it. I’m playing with Zeline, Evelyn, Kingston, Ariel, Frida, Panther, Hel etc. And it’s the same for all players who rely on summoning over longer period of time. Hundreds of extra feeders are worth far more than a random Justice duplicate that appears once in two months. TC20 is really only worth it if your summoning is very limited, i.e. you play f2p or c2p beginner.

2 Likes

My TC 20’s are shut down for now, but I still hope to get a single solitary Kiril or maybe a Joon one day. Mireweave (Attack Girl!) She is absolutely awesome! I asked @Duaneski about her the other day and he explained in terms that made sense to me (taken in context), so she got some attention and got her first run (@~2:30?) farming with a 3 star team (practise & testing). She is frightening! And if you could just get the AI to pay her some more attention? She is an absolute weapon! (I ran out of rugged clothes and food so she is at about 3:45 (3:19)) but a couple of days and she will be all shiny and turned out with emblems (and she looks awesome too!)

EDIT: 19 hours later and Mireweave (Attack Girl!) is at 4:20 and she really is awesome!!

I agree. I am a (almost) F2P player (I bought VIP pass 3 or 4 times in a year and a half, so I am in the middle of the definition of F2P and C2P).

TC20 was my main source of 4* and 5* heroes (80%-90% of my 5* heroes comes from TC20). For a lot of time I runned continously 2 TC20. Now one of the two TC20 is producing feeders since mats for 5* are not so common and I need to speed up a bit my hero growing. However still I have usage of both tc20 since:

• First TC20 will allow me to have a pull for other heroes and serves, at the same time, as food/recruit bank
  • Second TC20, even if producing feeders (mainly using train 2 or 11), allows also the access to the train 19 when having enough food and clothes.

EDIT: Actually useless TC levels are 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18. They are no use at any level for any kind of purpose. I did not even research them (and never will) since they have total no usage.

4 Likes

Is this post necessary? It is obvious that for some people TC20 is a gold mine and for others is a dump where to throw resources. Its OBVIOUS. Maybe not for some ppl as it seems.

For me TC is more or less “feeding my top heroes”. But I also gained some interesting heroes like Azlar or Isarnia.

However, it is a part of gameplay and fun, if you don’s want to spent money…

1 Like

I am a F2P usually even when at very rare moments I decide to make deal for a few bugs. I play since 2,5 years and have still one TC20 running. Even though I had some luck to get some good seasonal and HOTM Heroes, I still miss many useful normal 5 star heroes.
If you check several well known websites of our kind Forum mates, you still find many normal heroes in the Top defense teams. But I agree once you got them, TC 20 is only useful to store recruits and food.

1 Like

I have spent a fair amount on this game.
I have played since October 2017.
I still use TC20 in an attempt to pull Sartana (who has avoided me)
I still use TC20 as a food/recruit bank.

Is it necessary? If I use it, and my play is enhanced by it, then yes.

I have 31 maxed 5* with another 30 chilling on the back burner (most are 3/70, with several others at 1/1 or 2/1). I have 40+ maxed 4* and 30 maxed 3*. So my roster is pretty full. Yet here I sit with 16 Tabards and no Sartana. It’s ridiculous odds for me to get her, but it’s the most likely way for me to get her.

2 Likes

Same for me, If I see Sartana or Magni coming out of there I’d be pretty happy

1 Like