Tanks and line up

There may be an answer to this, but I have problems navigating this site (no offence, it’s a me thing).
What do you look at specifically choosing a tank?
How important are the positions of heroes and again, what do you specifically look at?

1 Like

A combo of defense, HP, and special when looking at a tank. The best tanks heal and attack enemies in some way. See Guin and Kunchen. Kashrek is a difficult tank for lower level players, but once you get your feet set he’s just a tough piece of meat.

Hero position depends on which heroes you have, but revive heroes (Alby and MN) go in the left wing. Slow classics are scarier in the wing as they’re pretty soft, but once they go off it’s usually means the end. Zeline, Onatel, and Gravey are flanks.

2 Likes

A very basic formula for tankiness is Def x 2 + Hp

But the special is also a big factor.

Heroes that only affect allies either side of them such as friar tuck, Domitia, magni, boril, kasshrek, Cyprian and Gadeirus always need a bit of thought. Putting them in the corner reduces their effectiveness significantly.

I.e. healers like Gadeirus and Tuck, can you place them near softer allies to improve their survival

2 Likes

I wrote this somewhere before in the past.

1 - forces attackers to color stack to kill or there will be consequences
2 - outright heavy damage to opponents or negative debuffs or both
3 - stalls time for allies to charge up

Meets:
1 of 3 criteria above = good
2 of 3 criteria above = very good
3 of 3 criteria above = excellent

Guin and GM are exceptions where they excel particularly well no2 and no3.

3 Likes

How does Seshat meet these criteria?

1 - forces attackers to color stack to kill or there will be consequences :ballot_box_with_check:
2 - outright heavy damage to opponents or negative debuffs or both☑️
3 - stalls time for allies :ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

I will give her for 1 and 2 but not 3.

Her def and hp stats only average at best. Nonetheless, most snipers are good or very good tanks most of the time but cant help it if the opponent board is good. Problem with Seshat is that her secondary effect is does not affect the opponent.