Talent grid upgrades - Kiril

Can someone please explain how the wizard’s jinx will apply to Kiril in the talent grid? The way it’s explained in game it seems like ‘jinx’ would be more applicable to a wizard hero with a direct attack; Balthazar, Jahangir, Ulmer, etc.
I feel like I’d be wasting tokens on this particular ‘upgrade’ of Kiril, except to get him to the next step.

It would be more applicable to a Wizard whose special does damage. But it will still add damage to Kiril’s tiles on offense, and to his slash attack on defense, when it activates.

I agree with you that it’s pretty much a waste of emblems.

2 Likes

What if you look at Kiril as a 4* healer in a diamond level def team rather than as a wizard?

My defense is almost 4000tp with a maxed Kiril. I get stronger as a team using the emblems to buff the little guy.

1 Like

I’m not saying not to spend your emblems on him. That analysis would really require understanding your whole roster situation. What I am saying, though, is that the emblems spent on the Jinx talent are pretty much wasted.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking long and hard about which heroes are going to be the first ones to be “talented up”; I’ve only decided on Wu Kong in the Monk class, and Kadilen in the Druid class so far (I like her a lot, more than most people apparently). Don’t have enough emblems for the first talent for either yet…

The other 8 classes, I have some ideas but haven’t firmly made up my mind yet. Kiril is in the running though, simply because even as I have a fair number of 5* now, I have no 5* healer and I find myself using Kiril in the majority of raid attacks, and he’s of course used in AW also, and against red and blue Titans. Until I get a 5* healer, I will have to use 4* ones, and so just for that reason, boosting a 4* healer up to 5* levels of HP and defense, that makes sense for me, especially one that is useful in so many scenarios.

But yes of course, a hero with an offensive special skill will get the most benefit out of the jinx talent. That’s just one consideration out of many, for me anyway.

Sorry if I’m having an idiot moment here, but what slash attack??

1 Like

You’re fine. “Slash attack” is the normal attack made by a defender every 3 turns.

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense, did not think of that, and didn’t know that’s what it was called… thanks for the education :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happy to help :slight_smile: I have yet to find a field of endeavor with easy-to-guess jargon words.

2 Likes

Since I posted this question, I was FINALLY able to ascend Zeline to tier 4. I appreciate Kiril and his abilities, but after maxing Zeline, had to find out what she could do gridded up. I’m glad I decided to hoard my wizard emblems until I could use them for Zeline. She, and the rest of my revenge team work amazingly well together. (Natalya has also been ascended, maxed, and gridded since my initial post.)
My ‘A’ team rarely lose in revenge raids, even against 4100 tp teams.

I had the dilemma between kiril and merlin… In merlin the jinx talent seems better but i use kiril in raids a lot. Also you must think that besides the special talent jinx you also increase attack defence and life as you move down the tree talent.

1 Like

Cookie Settings