Synergy and Theory

Hi everyone. Hope all is well! I started working on a simple slide show / compilation using very basic tools at my disposal as my style is to bring raw and right to the point content to help new and seasoned players discover synergies between hero’s and also think of awesome new theories between hero’s to see if we can further synergize them. I have a fairly diverse roster on my end but I try to show respect and include all hero’s for every activity in the game, not just pvp and wars, as all hero’s have a place in this game. This is my 2nd revision after suggestions from my discord community and reddit and I wanted to share it on this platform as well for more pairs of eyes and seek new and awesome ways to synergize and theory craft.

3rd revision will include feedback from this revision and minion setups.
4th will be on 2 star hero’s

I added this to my playlist so if you guys want to see some of the synergies in action feel free to browse about but until sound fx are corrected I want to further develop this project so please let me know if I’ve missed anything and I will note it for further updates.

Thank you so much and enjoy!

10 Likes

Super cool. Will watch this on youtube after work. Thanks!!

1 Like

I really like what you have there! Thanks… where did you get the hero cards or did you make them yourself ? Very helpful all in all.

1 Like

Thank you all for your support so far and responses. I do apologize for the screen resolution. This was done on my gaming pc with ultrawide screen and as I use basic tools I tried my best to not loose resolution and this is as best as I could do without professional tools (I just love factory programs + old school)

@Chadmo I hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:
@Rivanni I used empires and puzzles wiki and snipping tool and then microsoft paint for outlines and pencil arrows haha. I do use photos from the game. Mainly in magnifying glass mode where you can see the hero and the title.

1 Like

Hey @LurkerL, couple good synergies referenced; I’m personally a big fan of the BK & riposte one; have been using it for ages. You did however not mention the BEST option which Costume Elena who has the highest riposte amount at 155%;

From the first time I reported it to the forum:

Also, to push your reported synergy with Gullinbusti & Wilbur further there is a better application again but requires a niche hero (Mok-Arr).

Steps:

1. Fire Gullinbursti
  2. Fire Wilbur
  3. Fire Mok-Arr

Mok-arr’s attack on all allies will instantly be divvied up between all allies due to Wilbur’s damage share. This instantly results in a +20x onto Gullinbursti’s effect.

This above synergy works even better with Beserk Heroes than it does with Gullinbursti. So heroes like Black Knight, Khiona or Brienne.

Steps are the same:

1. Fire Beserk Hero
  2. Fire Wilbur
  3. Fire Mok-Arr

Again, the damage share of Wilbur will kick in and share out Mok-Arr’s attack to all allies. Then results in an instant +20x on the beserk stat (which maxes it out I’ll add)… Thus instantly giving your team the biggest possible attack boost available.

Additional note: Black Knight’s “taunt” doesn’t block this damage from Mok-Arr as his effect specifically states that the taunt only applies to ENEMY special skills.

4 Likes

Enjoyed it for sure. And I could pause for the long ones to read. Keep up the good work!!

1 Like

I tried to sync the compilation to both bgm tracks (back when I made Mugen content but thats another life) but further revisions will have longer slide times for less pausing. :slight_smile:

@Guvnor Now we’re rolling! Glad to have more tools at the disposal. I will use your syngery and give credit in the next revision. I always knew Wilbur Mok-Arr played nice together but adding Gullinbursti is just icing on the cake!

Thank you so much!

I’d like to add a few of mine:

• Brienne + Gunnar or Wilbur or Kailani.
  • Guardian Jackal + Joon.
  • Isarnia + Khagan
  • Better yet, Isarnia + Glenda + Khagan
  • Wilbur + Sumle
1 Like

Wilbur and Sumle is a good one I enjoy using too, and it’s even better if you fire Boldtusk in amongst it too.

1 Like

I would like to add Wilbur + Snow White. Wilbur is quite helpful in getting the max from Snow Whites special. The below is a screenshot from a raid tonight. Tank was Kong and tiles made quick work of him luckily. I had Wilburs special active and followed up with Snow White. There were 4 heroes alive at time. Averaging out the damage came to approximate hit of 612.5 per hero. So, had Kong been in the picture Snow White would have hit for approximately 3062.5 damage on the whole team. Wow!

2 Likes

Wow. Now that’s synergy and damage!

@Bwang and @chumyrookie also noted and appreciated!

1 Like

Another one.

Zulag was the hero of the month for October. Her main drawback is that she can be easily dispelled. However, if you pair her with Proteus… Zulag will keep the 4 star Proteus alive, and he will keep dispellers from firing.

As a bonus, Proteus is also a purple hero so he will get a minion when Zulag fires.

2 Likes

This is true and also benefit from dark elemental link!

Hello all, just joined the forum and recently started playing this awesome game. It’s so addictive. Love it!

Been trying to learn the ropes about it all and gradually building my base and team/roster. Main focus at this stage is still the map but I’ve been enjoying all aspects of the game including discovering new heroes and trying to play around with them and synergies with other team members.

Just wanted to share that quite exciting 595% total attack buff I managed to pull off with a hero I recently pulled from the Valhalla summon. I did not really realise how good (to me anyway) Gullinbursti was when I pulled him (fairly lucky to get him on 4 pulls I feel!).

I’d been playing around with teaming up Brienne with Kailani and see the Beserker Fury go through the roof quite quickly: any hit on a hero gets distributed through Kailani’s spirit link to all heroes who therefore get the +20% attack increase - even better against a AoE opponent because each hero gets hit once which then gets redistributed to the whole team. So it goes from one ally getting a 20% attack increase, to all heroes getting that 20% attack increase, 5 times!

Right there, after one AoE hit with Spirit Link and Berserker Fury activated, all heroes get a +145% attack increase (135% for me as my Brienne is still on 3/8 on her special)

Then I saw the Angry Boar special… (see below) and how it stacks with Brienne’s special too and behaves similarly with the spirit link synergy…

Angry Boar special effect 2:
The caster get +45% attack, and a further 20% increase every time they or any of their allies are hit during 4 turns. When the effect ends, the caster deals 164% damage of all enemies. Each hit on the caster or their allies during the duration increases the damage by 10% to a maximum of 288% damage.

Decided to add Wu Kong to the mix too and try and go farming with that exciting bunch and get the highest buff I could…

To cut a long story short, and after a few tries, I got it all kicked in in the right time and ended up with:

• Brienne’s berserker fury maxed out at +135% (could be +145% with her special on 8/8)
  • Gullinbursti’s angry boar maxed out at +275% (could be +275% with his special on 8/8)
  • Wu Kong’s gambler stance on +185%

For a whopping total of +595%, taking his attack stat from 394 (he’s barely leveled) to… 2,738 ! :smile:

I feel like I’m going to have fun with this piggy :))

4 Likes

It’s a good observation but your getting most of that boost from wu, I still use him on almost every titan as he can stack with boldtusk rigard costume Breanne etc for very high tile damage as guillinbursti’s effect only goes off after a few turns once , the combination of wu and another atk up hero lasts for all those turns in tile and special damage, only thing is the ⅓d chance of missing but still a very good hero both guillinbursti and wu,

1 Like

Oh and here is the screenshot…

3 Likes

Yeah again that’ll do a good punch with guillinbursti once he goes off, where as wu and them give it to tiles and special skills throughout having the buff active, still makes me wanna try out guillinbursti and wu together next yellow based 4* tournament

1 Like

hmmm the screenshot seems to indicate the biggest boost is from gullinbursti (+275%) and also affects tile damage - as this is after he’s gone off. (and then he has that extra damage when the status effect from the special end - but I was not even counting that). Wu is +185% and Brienne +135% for a total of +595%. Wu contributes 31% to the overall attack up.

The other guys, only having Wu’s gambler stance and Brienne’s berserker fury still have a big increase but nowhere near Gulli with all 3 stacked up.

Started using Wu on titans too but thinking to combine some of the the above, maybe the 4 of them to really take the attack up by a big margin on a dark titan… when they’re leveled and don’t die being one shot :wink:

Imagine stacking maxed up Wu, Gulli, Kailani, Chao and Brienne with all of them kicking off exactly right timing-wise. That’d give a total attack of:

Wu: 707 +185% +145% = 3,040
Kailani: 429 +185% +145% = 1,845
Gullinbursti: 603 +185% + 145% + 275% = 4,311
Chao: 607 +185% +145% = 2,549

for a total of 11,745 attack for yellow tile damage. Not bad for a 3/4 star team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to see everyone finding out more and more as this game progresses and new players as well. Thank you very much. I will also post this in our discord community as well for live conversations and further improvements. Mods delete this sentence if it breaks the rules but if anybody in here is interested in live chats and discussions like this we have a very active discord for these types of talks so feel free to join.

While the next theory and synergy is soon to be released and I am not sure if the hero’s have been posted but it pertains to Bertila and Starfall Circus. It will take some board finagling and tight turns but I think it will work :slight_smile:

Cookie Settings