Summons are ridiculous - Summons MASTER

I’m so stingy I barely bother with VIP. :laughing:

In terms of expenditure on free to play games I’m generally of the thought that if I get enough enjoyment and entertainment from it, then I would be willing to spend something on it as a ‘thank you’ of sorts to the devs. Or at least I hope they get a cut of those microtransactions as the likelihood is it’ll just be in the publisher’s pocket.

Overall, I have spent more on E&P than any other game. But I don’t spend to get heroes; that is what we call “a mug’s game” in my neck of the woods. :grin:
To date I’ve bought two 30-day VIP passes (one being the Christmas deal), and the alliance gems offer. The latter is more likely to entice me to spend than anything else in the game because my alliance mates can benefit from it, especially if they are free to play.

How much an individual is willing to spend is, of course, their choice.
But what concerns me is some are under the illusion they spend to get what they want, and never quite overcome that and become frustrated as a result (with respect to summons). The transaction model just isn’t designed that way.

Now if those questions are for me to answer…

I don’t play to compete with anyone. I play to have fun. As such I’m not so fussed about winning and losing against other people’s teams.

And since I rarely ever spend money on the game, and even when I do it’s not the explicit reason of buying a new hero, there is no worth or regret. In a sense the way I do spend could probably be likened to a tip (but not a compulsory tip like some places might have).

That said, I’ve only ever used gems for one 10-pull during my two? years playing the game, and that was soon after I saved enough of them for it. I think I got Richard from that. But I’ve never used gems for summons since.

Keep in mind the modal operator of “If” at the start of the sentence you quoted. It’s a hypothetical situation if I were to start a new game after leaving E&P.

I wouldn’t even consider spending money on purchasing ascension materials. I’m just too stingy. :laughing:

Much of my spending habits on mobile games is formed by one of the earliest games I played. It had lower pull rates for the top tier heroes, but the game mechanics were unlike anything else I had played and I enjoyed it a lot. And one day they just shut the servers down. The game was gone.

In this day of digital entertainment and media we as customers own nothing. We only seem to have permission to access it in the vast majority of cases, and even that access could be withdrawn for whatever reason.

As such, I agree that free to play or cheap to play is the way to go. It also needs to be coupled with an understanding of the limits of what it will get you. Set those expectations at the right level, then it’s possible to get a lot of enjoyment and entertainment for a very little price.

But as a final additional point. If a game has ads like E&P, then the publisher has a revenue stream which I anticipate to be fairly steady, so doesn’t need as much purchases to keep them going. Contrast this to a game which has no ads but only items to purchase.

Apologies for the waffles…

1 Like

That’s the main problem for the ones who spend. Many (don’t know if most) of them expect something different to what is delivered. Maybe they don’t totally understand how it works, or they’re so closed that think “Money = Highest revenue always”, forgetting about “chance”.

Not really :face_with_hand_over_mouth: it was just to enforce my examples.

The secret at being F2P/C2P. If you play with the expectation to be a top player, but spend nothing or almost nothing, you’re lost.

And what do you use the gems for? :thinking: I’ve been playing for two years also, I’ve done like three 10-pulls (all horrible, by the way xD just got a HotM a year ago).

Yeah, I know. That’s why I asked, actually. You’ve at least considered that situation at some moment.

Difference is that E&P doesn’t force you to watch those ads. Other games will load ads everytime you complete a level or something like that. No doubt they get revenue, but maybe not so much.

3 Likes

I have to confess that I have fronted teams and wondered if “synergy” is actually a word to them. They don’t seem to perform that well.

2 Likes

This, exactly this. After spending what I spent, and realizing what little I got for it in terms of “end game heroes”… after dropping the equivalent of at least two console titles, I still have a lower roster than some F2Pers who got luckier in their summons.

It’s quite discouraging, knowing that the only viable ways to get a top roster in this game are either through extreme luck or extreme spending.

I know the F2P group has a “trick” for summons… maybe it works? I haven’t tested it myself, but it seems to be working for several of them… they’re pulling heroes on a single pull that I can’t get on a 10 pull.

And yet the game experts insist that it’s all hocus pocus, that everything is random, there are no tricks, it’s all RNG.

I’m not sure what to believe. All I do know is that I almost never pull a good hero, and I’m no longer willing to spend and spend and spend until I get one either.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Didn’t know about that :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Money doesn’t buy skill.

2 Likes

It’s called the Censure Method.

Based on the idea that RNG is streaky… so you have to figure out the “right time” to summon for best results.

Never tested it myself, but many people swear by it.

Could just be confirmation bias though… :man_shrugging:

Usually I just summon once I have enough gems/tokens for a particular summoning portal that has heroes I’m looking for in it.

And for the most part… 80% of my pulls are 3* heroes, 20% Season One 4* dupes. Maybe once every 4-6 months or so, I’ll actually pull a 5* from a summon portal.

1 Like

Fair enough. :laughing:

What do I use gems for?
Er… I have a tendency to just hoard premium currency in games for some reason. That said, as poor value as the emblems are in the shop I do use gems for those.
Also would consider using gems for a continue on the last stage of trials if I have a slightly underpowered team if it’s one I think is unlikely to complete it without defeat.
Roster space is another I’ve spent gems on.

Can’t remember the last time I played a game like that, but does ring a bell. Those are a bit too intrusive, to say the least. The E&P way is the one I come across the most: watch an ad for a reward. It’s a reasonable compromise as far as things go.

I really need to type my thoughts quicker…:laughing:

I’ve attempted the Censure Method. I did get Guardian Chameleon before the 10-pull stage.
I am sceptical about the underlying assumption of the RNG pull streak being good though. What if the pulls are at the end of a ‘good streak’?

1 Like

Oooh I see. I’ve felt something like that. Actually, just last week I got a 5* from TC, two 4* Valhalla and five 3* Valhalla, all new for me. I can say it was my luckiest weekend in 2 years playing E&P. Maybe I had one of those “right times”.

2 Likes

Agreed on this.
I would use them for emblems, too, but I feel they’re expensive (besides, my greedy side wants heroes).

Of course. And if there’s a game I like but it’s intrusive with ads, I’ll play it at airplane mode :rofl:

2 Likes

Like I said, I’ve never tried it in summons, because I don’t save enough gems or tokens or whatever to test it… but yeah, RNG can be streaky.

Some days I win 6 raids in a row because of great boards. Not skill, not because I overpowered my opponents, nothing like that… just plain stupid dumb luck.

Other days I lose 6 in a row for the same reason. Absolutely awful boards every single time.

Some days, my first 3 titan attacks are absolutely beautiful. Boards are all in my favor.

Come in the second half, and my next 3 hits are total :poop: because suddenly the boards have completely dried up on me.

Same with summons! I went 6 months in this game before I pulled my first 5* hero. 6 months! Then I finally pulled a 5* from a summon portal. Less than a week later, pulled another 5* from TC20. Went from having zero legendary heroes to suddenly having two.

Then I went through a long dry spell of pulling nothing. Then again: within one month, I pulled a HotM, and in probably the same week, TC20 also spit out a couple more 5*s.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist type, and I don’t like dabbling in voodoo or anything like that… but I do believe in luck. And I sometimes question the actual “randomness” of the RNG in this game. Because as it turns out, computer generated randomness is not actually “truly” random at all.

Of course… I’m still operating under the assumption that it’s probably impossible to “predict” what kind of “luck” the game is going to give me at any given time, and any attempt to try to “beat” the algorithm would probably be an exercise in futility, and I’m not dedicated enough to go to the trouble… especially since they can change the algorithm at any time without warning anyway. So there’s no use in keeping 6 months of spreadsheet data trying to calculate the odds if the next update is going to disrupt the pattern completely anyway…

So I just play it with the assumption that it truly is random. And under the assumption that the odds of summoning good heroes is a very very low percentile (as they have already admitted themselves).

And also with the realization that I have no intentions of spending that much money on any single hero in any video game, ever.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking, what about if we were able to BUY the last remaining 3*, last remaining 4* and the last remaining 5* from Atlantis and Valhalla. Say for 500 gems, 1500 gems, and 5000 gems respectively. For example, a player that has all Atlantis 5* except Kage will simply have the Right to “buy” Kage for 5000 gems, no gimmicks. If you only missing Triton, just pay your 1,5K and get it.
For example, in my case both mermaids(Melia and Gill Ra) are eluding me and I would really like to get Melia and get her to 7/20 before my 6th war team consists only of 4*s… Knowing that pulling Gill Ra will give me the right to “buy” my Melia straight up for 500 Gems would really help me.

Alternative idea: Maybe when it’s Atlantis or Valhalla time, there might be a 4* featured hero and a 3* Featured hero (without incresing the Total possiblity of getting a 3* or 4* hero)

Has this been suggested:

Also, when you said Shards, it somehow made me picture some Shard ideas(turns out what you had in mind was different):

1. Break your duplicates into “Shards”(or whatever) similar to how you do it on Steam with some Steam items, and buy heroes with your shards, OR, do "special summon"s using certain amounts of them. For example, an special Atlantis summon using Shards instead of Gems/Coins that guarantees a certain Element, or guarantees a Certain Class; it also has no chance to yield a Season 1 Hero. (maybe even has no chance to yield a dupe!)

2. Instead of “breaking” your heroes to get Shards, how about pulling heroes give you Shards. In a similar(not necessarily same) way that pulling heroes makes you open Ascension Material Chests. (Which’s not dependant on Luck at all…)

EXTRA: They can do something that utilizes “getting the 6th copy” of a hero. Although it would be kinda bittersweet for me since I did eat up some Mnesseuses…

1 Like

Like a full moon or waiting for a three legged black dog to cross your path; walking into a ladder maybe? I may have utilised one of these strategies…

3 Likes

Maybe doing some research and dedicating time you could get to something… but yeah, it’s too much, I don’t pretend to go that way. Same as you, I just play and have fun.

I’ve also read about the pseudorandomness. At the end, even if its pseudo, doesn’t change things that much. We as human will always find patterns in stuff. Games, daily life, work, even faces. Because our mind tries to assimilate the world with patterns. So it could be nothing more than a placebo. Too much to worry for too litle :stuck_out_tongue:

This will be my next 4* AM:

5 Likes

I did 35 pulls for Riddles in the hope of getting any event hero today, and I did not get a single one. Now I know odds are very low for getting 5 stars, but I did not even get any single event hero after 35 pulls, not even 3 stars.

I’m not the best at maths but I believe the chance for that to happen must be extremely low ( beneath 1%? ).

For me it saps the fun out of the game because my pulls are very often dissapointing so I adjusted my expectations to be happy with just getting anything new. Not getting a single event hero after 35 pulls blows my mind since I was just looking for just any event hero, since I don’t have any of the Riddles family.

Am I just super unlucky or is something else going on? It’s just very dissapointing to not even have your lowest expectations met.

Edit: I missed one in my screen shots. Last one was Ishtakk.

1 Like

At least you got a five star Thorne

I hate summoning heroes

This is just a comment and observation regarding randomness and pulls. During the last Valhalla event I did the 30 pull and then did 20 more pulls. A total of 50 pulls. I got no 5 Stars, and while I wanted at least 1 or 2, that is not really my issue. In all those pulls, I did not even get 1, 4 Star. I think the way pulls are done and the heros you receive should be looked at if you don’t even get 1, 4 Star in 50 pulls.

3 Likes

Really… No epic heros? Can you share a screen shot of recent history? There’s a master thread for venting posts, but I’ve never heard anyone NOT get a 4* hero in 50 pulls :thinking:.

4 Likes