Summoning Method

Feeling better is important so go ahead :+1:

I use the summoning method and I firmly believe it has no effect on my results. That said I’m still a big fan because it has changed my spending habits. By forcing myself to follow the rules I spread out my pulls, have more chances to ask myself “how badly do I really want that hero and what other events are near I’d really rather pull at”, and rage pulling has been eliminated. Enjoying the game more now and just wanted to chime in and encourage others to try it.

5 Likes

Actually the methods make sense. In some games (probably in all, as I don’t know) RNG is actually not RNG, put pseudo RNG which means there is certain pattern that repeats over time but it seems random to the exterior. By using some methods you find at which point in sequence you are you can determine your next result. Case in point, Final Fantasy XII, which used so-called Mersenne Twister. There are elaborate methods which allowed to players to grab 99 Zodiac Spears, while its appearance rate, according to randomness, was 0.1%, by manipulating (P )RNG in reasonable time (ie they did not run to chest 99000 times on average).

That being said, I don’t know what E&P uses, and I am pretty sure if above method worked SG would change the pattern pretty fast. Since they did not, they probably watch and laugh at the people trying it.

2 Likes

THIS.

20 big lol lol lol

I know of certain instanes, where a pseudo-random is introduced to prevent unlucky streaks from deciding the outcome too often. For example, in MOBAs a hero is supposed to have 25% at dealing 300% critical damage; but it in fact the chance is 20% the first time they hit and fail, next hit is eg. 28% chance, then 37% etc; so instead of averaging to 25% over 100,000 tries, it can average to 25% over 30 tries. Just to avoid situation where unlucky player could jump over to an enemy and hit them 10 times, missing crit every time, which could quite likely be a gamechanger, all because of rng. It’s kind of ‘escalating odds’.

Translating to our game, it would be situation where the more you summon, the better your odds are to pull a better hero. Then I guess you could try and figure out whether you are closing in on that ‘higher probability of low probability event taking place’. I think we can agree that nothing like that takes place in this game. I’d love someone taking effort to try and proove that with a big enough sample; all we get to see is only incidental events when in did turn out well; those 90 other folks who try and fail do not post that result all over facebook and forums.

Following the summoning method and noticing the volume of successful 30-pulls on the Atlantis summoning thread, I did a 30-pull instead of a 10-pull. The results were wild - six 5* heros including 2 HoTM! I agree with what most of you have said and @Suicide_Bunnyid is dead-on accurate in her statement, but I thought I would share this result anyways.

This was the only 10-pull or 30-pull I did since the start of the Atlantis event last night. Only reason I did 30-pull was due to the feedback on the thread, :trident: [September 2020] Atlantis Summon Results

8 Likes

That is awesome! Nicely done. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I had one member in my original alliance tell me that “you automatically get a HotM if you do at least 2 pulls that month”.

I proceeded to buy a 10-pull. Then more pulls. And more pulls. And more pulls. Month after month.

Didn’t get my first 5* pull until 6 months in, and my first HotM until ummm like 4 months after that? Something like that.

Fake news, basically.

Maybe the Censure method works? I don’t know. Never tested it.

Though… if it does work? That’s just evidence that the RNG is not nearly as “random” as it claims to be.

EDIT: I’m not saying that the summoning “tricks” don’t work. They certainly seem to work for some people.

But the mods and devs keep insisting that it’s all random.

So if the tricks work, there’s something the devs are not telling us. :thinking:

3 Likes

Actually, it’s more the opposite of this. Random, but it seems to have a pattern to the exterior. Because we as humans are always seeking patterns, even where there is none.

4 Likes

Since march 2019 after I got Frida just from one 10x I’m continuously probably insanely unlucky. Over 300 maybe 350 pulls in total till this day from april 2019 and I got no HOTM and only 5 5* legendaries outside of season 1 (3 of them being not very useful to useless ones - Mok-Arr, Marie-Therese and G. Owl)
6 5* in 30 pull is just an ultra good luck, nothing more nothing less in my opinion. Some players just get insanely long lucky streaks of good luck. Good for them, I’m happy for them.

One of my alliance mates gets like every single hotm from single pull, but I also think he spends a lot more into the game than I díd. He also uses the method of getting 3* troop or hero from silver token and then do pulls on portals. Somehow it seems to work for him I guess. It never worked for me. I think he’s just very very lucky. Also my other allliance mate got like 5 hotms in a row from free single pulls and I don’t think she used any summoning method after all and she’s not a heavy spender either from what I know. It’s just another insanely lucky player :).
So do summoning methods work? Maybe they do, but only for some people.

1 Like

And none of us would be so cynical to believe that even as a possible as death and taxes…

2 Likes

There are a lot of methods out there. The people who promote it said they are tried and true but they never record their own data to analyze it.

I record every 3*-5* heroes I got.

I haven’t done that myself since I spend all day workin* with data and technology. The last thing I want to do is more “work”, but I could track my event pulls, 10-pulls and, if I do one, my 30-pulls to track what I get. I could do it through the end of the year, 4 months. I’m interested in the result as well. :wink:

Ever since I produced a log it has been a revelation but frankly if i get a Lianna before i waste resources on Elkanen i’ll be SG’s friend…

EDIT: summons are kind of over because i can’t get close to SG’s claimed results… It’s shameful.

2 Likes

Out of 154 Atlantis Summons, I get 9× 5* heroes (excluding 2 bonus HotM).

That is 9/154 = 5.84%

The announced odds is only 2.5%

What method I use? None… I have never even use 30 pulls…

2 Likes

I use no method at all.

And no I haven’t tracked my summoning results.

But I have a fairly good memory, and I’m pretty good at “guestimating” stuff…

Overall? My summons are pretty much in line with SG’s own posted odds. Majority 3*, occasionally 4*, very rarely 5*.

That is actually exactly what they themselves admit to as being the true odds. And my own experiences seem to confirm it.

That they swim on real money and coins thanks to E&P :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I did the 30-pull because folks were posting actual results of having unusual success today with the higher pulls. I typically don’t do a 30-pull because if your luck is bad you get 30 - 3* heros! :triumph:

But there is a strange number…

Of those 154 pulls… around 90 are gems and around 60 are coins… the gems yield 7× 5* (exlucing bonus HotM) while the coins only 2 (also excluding bonus HotM)… but 2/60 is still 3.33% above the odds…

The 2 HotM bonuses are split 1 from gems 1 from coins.

Do they have different rate between gems and coins? :thinking:

Using statistical approach with 2 proportion Z-test, the p-value is 26.55%. As it is above the 5% significance level, that means null hyphotesis is accepted.

For those of you who didn’t study statistic: that means there is no significant 5☆ rate difference between using gems or coins.

1 Like

If only it did that for me?. My stats are far closer to the 1.3% minus

2 Likes