Summary of Summon Portal Statistics / Odds / Appearance Rates

It’s Very awesome and thanks!!

Hi @Dorkus!
I don’t understand the cumulative chance for getting 1x Non-Season 1 5* Hero in Costume Portal.
The table shows 32,1% - 68,7% - 97,9% for 10-30-100 summons.
Shouldn’t this be 0%?
Costumes are for Season 1 Heroes only.

Hey @Pois1 , thanks for your question.

The costume portal is a special event portal, so I categorize costumes as an “event” hero, even though they do apply to season 1 heroes only (right now
I think SGG‘S wording on costumes left this open in the future).

1 Like

Dorkus can I ask whether the 5* rate all types percentage is correct when there a bonus summons? I think that’s two distinct events with 2.5% and 1.3% chance and therefore a combined chance of 3.7675% to get at least one 5*? You may just be rounding to one dp

1 Like

It is correct as written. Every pull - no matter the result - has a Chance to trigger the bonus draw.

If you add up all probabilities except the bonus draw you are already at 100%

Thanks for the Update with the new ToL Portal @Dorkus!

Possibly worth noting that the Ninja Portal is BETA only & subject to change. More info here: đŸ§Ș Early Information on Ninja Hero Summon Portal & Ninja Troop Summon Portal [Part of The Beta Beat V32]

I disagree. Flipping a coin has 50% chance of landing heads. Doing it twice doesn’t make the probability 100%.

Look at it this way. The probability of getting no 5* is .975x.987=.962325. The probability of at least one 5* is 1 minus that i.e. .037675 or 3.7675%

(I mean the odds, not the excellent statistics - thanks, @Dorkus!)

1 Like

In the Chart is not shown the chance to get any 5* or non 5* at all.
The odds for each kind of 5* is written seperately in order to compare the different portals.

Your math is not wrong as far as I can confirm. It is just answering another question. :wink:

Edit: @Dorkus thanks for update :+1:

@Maxotaur I hope to review your question when I find a bit more time if you believe there is still an error following @Sh3r1ff s reply. There could totally be errors so I appreciate extra eyes to review.

For instance, I am sure I did not correctly enter the formula for the 2x possible bonus roll scenario in Tavern Portal and instead took the incorrect way of directly adding percentages (1.3%+0.1% = 1.4% chance bonus roll). Because the odds are small, it shouldn’t be a horrible approximation, but I am not sure right now if it is within rounding to 1 decimal.

I’m considering breaking out the featured heroes as a separate cumulative odds as that would seem relevant regarding doing targeted pulls for a specific hero. Adds a bit more data to wade through and is addressed in other threads though. Thoughts?

Thank you. This table is great.

It seemed for months I had read that Tavern had the worst stats of all summons. But if I’m reading this right, it has the best chances to both get a 5* in general, and a non-S1 specifically.

Do I have that right? If so, did it change, or did I misinterpret something? Maybe factoring in gem cost?

And thank you, really great work!

Yes, and yes. It is pretty decent right now, it was awful before.

2 Likes

It changed when they added HotM chance and introduced featured heroes. I believe that was in September 2020.

1 Like

Anyone got a list of the summons odds for s3 vs costumes, events or s2? I know some are like .6 while others are like 1.3 or something like that.

Anyone know what the odds for Valhala summons are? I just did 26 pulls and only received 2 5* hero’s and everything else was 3* repeats and I think 3 season 1 4* repeats. The summon odds for Valhalla needs to be fixed.

Hit the little “i” in the top left corner. Will try to find all the summons odds in a summary

No I get that. I want to know the odds between s3 vs an event etc. I know I can see the odds on the current portal, but want to compare.

I think you’ve done quite well, actually!

Many people do many more summons with worse results

2 Likes

Here is an odds summary from late last year

1 Like