[Suggestion, QoL] Upgrade confirmation screen from Y/N Confirmation to variable X second Confirmation [Customer Service savings, Gem semi lock]

[Suggestion, QoL] Upgrade confirmation screen from Y/N Confirmation to variable X second Confirmation [Customer Service savings ]

Y/N Confirmation

Currently, Empires uses a Y/N confirmation check

Due to the grind of the game, and customer muscle memory while grinding, this is often useless

Example

Currently using a Limit Breaked, maximum costumed 5* HotM, Gravemaker c+5^85 to off color level a Classic Sigrunn 1* 1.1 hero only requires the customer to identify the location of a yes button and hit it

There is no enforcement of reading the button’s text

X second Confirmation

PimD uses an X second Confirmation

Example

Using a Limit Breaked, maximum costumed 5* HotM, Gravemaker c+5^85 hero to off color level a Classic Sigrunn 1* 1.1 hero would require you to long press the confirmation button, continuously while a 900x second timer counted down

If you stopped long pressing the button before the timer reaches zero seconds remaining, the action is aborted

Human factors

There is still no enforcement of reading the button text

But

Human beings, forced to stare at a mostly, static image, often react by analyzing the image and reading any written text

Timer length

The length of the timer also alerts the user to the severity of the action

variable X

X varies by the value of the task

Using a Classic 3* 1.1 hero ( Tyrum ) to off color level a Classic 1* 1.1 hero ( Sigrunn ) would require ( 12x second * number of unique Classic 3* 1.1 heroes ) long button press to complete the action

Using a Limit Breaked, maximum costumed 5* HotM, Gravemaker c+5^85 hero to off color level a Classic Sigrunn 1* 1.1 hero would require a ( 900x second * number of unique c+5^85 heroes ) long button press to complete the action

Example

2x Gravemaker c+5^85
1x Panther c+5^85
2x Ariel c+5^85

Total 3x unique Limit Breaked, maximum costumed 5* HotM c+5^85 heroes or 2700x seconds

Multiple copies

For multiple copies of the same hero, the copy with the highest power is used in the calculation

Example

1x Gravemaker c+5^85
1x Gravemaker b.5* 1.1

Uses the 1x Limit Breaked, maximum costumed 5* HotM, Gravemaker c+5^85 in the calculation not the 1x no costume, not limited breaked, not leveled Gravemaker b.5* 1.1

Limited availability heroes

A limited availability hero may require 2x longer than a Classic hero to complete the action

HotM

HotM may require 4x longer than a Classic hero to complete the action

Gem semi lock

Cost savings

It would be interesting to test this in Puzzle Combat and compare

Puzzle Combat Customer service hours related to Y/N confirmation problems, and Y/N confirmation complaints

versus

Puzzle Combat Customer service hours related to variable X second Confirmation problems, and variable X second Confirmation complaints

Global Beta

Problem areas

FIN

Reply for liking

Click for explanation, skip if you know what a "Reply for liking" means

Since votes are limited but daily likes are not

This reply is for liking

Like this reply if you

Agree

Disagree

Find it interesting

Forum likes do not mean you 100% agree

Forum likes mean you found the post, or reply, worth reading and discussing ( see notes )

Notes

Click for notes

Filter and likes

Sigh

I wish Discourse.org handled forum links within hidden/ spoiler text better

Until then, I will just have to quote the whole post/ reply

FIN

4 Likes

As usual, you are a fount of useful information.

2 Likes

I originally read that as font

My wife does occasionally accuse me of writing in another language

1 Like

This is a font of useful information.

1 Like

Gem Semi Lock

This would also scale with gems spent on speed ups and summons

There should be a way to adjust for handicap customers

perhaps the option between a single long button press and the same timer broken up into 10x smaller long button presses

Edit
Perhaps a email confirmation or a two factor authentication

Global Beta

Probably need a Global Beta to test this

Problem area

might solve several problems areas

(Search results for '#ideas-feature-requests confirm ' - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

FIN

Freemium games

I wonder what research has been done about this in freemium games

Might be interesting to find a company investigating this problem and send them my curriculum vitae

If you know any research, or experts, on this, feel free to tag/ mention @Gryphonknight

Even your edits are worth reading. :laughing:

1 Like

Trainers

Trainer heroes x0.25

1* / 2* Heroes and Troops

1* / 2* Heroes and Troops x0.1

FIN