[Suggestion, QoL] Ghost costume place holder flag in Class quest teams or Better way to handle Class quest teams and 5* HotM costumes

[Suggestion, QoL] Ghost costume place holder flag in Class quest teams or Better way to handle Class quest teams and 5* HotM costumes

Costume 5* HotM

It is deliberately difficult to get 2x copies of a costumed, Lv85 5*+20 HotM hero

Example

2x c.Gravemaker Lv85 5*+20

costume 5* HotM meta is great for SGG spend depth ( grind, speed ups, loot boxes, see notes )

But it is sub optimal for Class quests

Class quest team

You can only change your Class quest team 1 day out of 35 days - when that particular Class quest is active

If you change a hero’s class, 34 days out of 35 days, it leaves a empty slot in that particular Class quest team

Example

Trial of Justice can only be changed every 35 days when Trial of Justice is active

You can have a Class quest team with all empty slots, just because all 5x heroes on the team changed to a Forbidden class once in the 34 days prior to the Class quest

Ghost costume

Base stats

Create a ghost costume for all heroes

The ghost costume is a costume with Attack 0, Defense 0, HP 0

Example

Ghost Gravemaker costume is Attack 0, Defense 0, HP 0

Element

The element for a ghost costume is the color the hero is weak

Example

Red Gravemaker is weak to blue, making Ghost Gravemaker costume blue Attack 0, Defense 0, HP 0

Development cycles

Ghost costumes are designed to be stat changes only, not graphics heavy, to reduce development cycles and keep client software size smaller

Implementation

When a hero changes to a forbidden class, instead of removing the hero from the Class quest team, set a flag for a Ghost costume placeholder

Example

Changing Gravemaker to a Paladin will set the Ghost costume flag in non Paladin Class quests, while changing back to Barbarian will undo the flag

Changing Gravemaker to a Barbarian will set the Ghost costume flag in non Barbarian Class quests, while changing back to Paladin will undo the flag

Class quest team display

When displaying the Class quest team, if the hero is currently set to a forbidden class, the client software will display the Ghost costume placeholder ( ghost costume flag is set )

Removed from Class quest

Heroes will only be removed from a Class quest team, if the hero is removed from the account ( example - a hero is used to level another hero )

Icon

All Ghost costumes are ghost class, so the displayed costume will display the ghost class icon

Greyed out

For user friendly GUI, ghost costumes are always greyed out

Notes

Click for notes

Spend depth

costume 5* HotM

Loot box

Grind

Additional you need Food, Hero XP, emblems, aethers, etc. for both heroes

Paladin Gravemaker

FIN

Reply for liking

Click for explanation, skip if you know what a "Reply for liking" means

Since votes are limited but daily likes are not

This reply is for liking

Like this reply if you

Agree

Disagree

Find it interesting

Forum likes do not mean you 100% agree

Forum likes mean you found the post, or reply, worth reading and discussing ( see notes )

Notes

Click for notes

Filter and likes

Sigh

I wish Discourse.org handled forum links within hidden/ spoiler text better

Until then, I will just have to quote the whole post/ reply

FIN

2 Likes

I understand ZS has spend depth goals

But if your spend depth is creating QoL/ GUI problems, you need to fix it during initial implementation

We all know 5* HotM costumes are the money ( see v0.1 Soul Exchange)

So FIX this

Please

I retired before costumes came out

Now that I am semi retired, costumes are

[#FF0000] #%*$&@#%*$&@#%*$&@#%*$&@#%*$&@#%*$&@#%*$&@#%*$&@#%*$&@#%*$&@ [#FFFFFF]

I keep wasting chunks of WE by having the wrong hero selected, base when it should be costume, and vice versa

The same code used for ghosts, could also be repurposed for a Quality of Life check

If a team is about to enter battle, and any hero has changed form since the last time the team entered battle, a pop up would notify the user

The pop up would display the team, with changed heroes highlighted

FIN

1 Like