[Suggestion] Elite energy flasks [stackable energy]

[Suggestion] Elite energy flasks [stackable energy]

I understand that free energy flasks do not stack but are capped by your energy bar

Example

10 / 44 WE

Use a WE flask

44 / 44 WE

This is a common freemium, spend depth ( grind, speed ups, loot boxes, etc. ) mechanic

But

As a player it is annoying when I PAY premium currency for energy and only get part of what I paid

Add Elite energy flasks as a compromise

Elite energy flask

Elite energy flasks grant +100% energy, and can stack up to 300% current energy bar

Example

10 / 44 WE

Use a Elite WE flask

54 / 44 WE

300% cap

Attempts to pass 300% current energy bar will be denied by the software, no Elite energy flask will be lost

Example

10 / 44 WE

Use a 2x Elite WE flask

98 / 44 WE

Attempt to use a third Elite WE flask

denied and third Elite WE flask remains inventory

100%+

While an energy bar is greater than 100%, no additional free energy will accumulate

Example

45 / 44 WE bar stops accumulating WE

FIN

20 quoted Elite energy flask characters

3 Likes

I like this idea.
It’s a benefit for players. Assuming this is only for gem purchased flasks/refills, then it provides one of two values I see. 1 increased purchase rate due to increased value. Or 2 SG selling it for say 110 gems to increase revenue per transaction.

I like that you mention some downsides and limits on it. First is spend depth. Second is the 300% cap. This allows the benefit to the players without it being too much of a runaway.

I wonder if the lack of “boosted” energy has to do with people using macros to farm. I know it is against ToS, but I doubt that stops everyone.

2 Likes

Because. Humans.

According to a CEO of another game studio, the original problem with freemium players and stackable energy flasks was players stacking hundreds of flasks for 5,000 / 10 WE bar

Gift card sales

Another was hoarding energy flasks during iTunes gift card sales ( see notes )

But hoarding Elite energy flasks could be solved by putting a limit

Example
99x in inventory limit
Attempts to buy Elite energy flasks greater than 99 will deny the transaction with an error message and no loss of gems

Notes

Click for notes

(I want to get 11,000 gems fast and as cheap as possible - #24 by Gryphonknight)

FIN

2 Likes