Suggest & Discuss New Alliance War Enemy Supports/Aids/Effects & Raid Tournament Special Rules Other than Existing Field Aid, Attack Boost, Arrow Barrage; and Buff Booster, Bloody Battle, and Rush Attack

No, they are not. They are great.

BTW I have a new war suggestion: after you attack an opponent and loose other people can’t attack that same opponent in the next 30 seconds. Today, for the first ever, I witnessed frag stealing in this game. So I go against an enemy, kill 3 of his heroes and lose. Immediately after I try to attack the same opponent but somehow he’s already “reserved” by another player. We are talking about less than 5 seconds from me being defeated to trying to attack the same opponent to finish him off. And he’s already reserved?

Yes, if one of your team mates will pick that particular one right after your fight ended and then has the time to build up his team.

But so what, at last the points count for your ally, no matter who scored them.

Who said anything about easy? Or about raids?

Hey, if you think a game mechanic that allows for attacking players to be frustrated by attacking a single, damaged enemy hero in a corner with a full team of 5 attackers and FAILING because of randomly bad boards and a cruel field aid buff makes for fun game play, then, I guess you’re in the right place.

How many players in your alliance win all 6 of their flags?

Yeah, winning isn’t fun. Let’s think of ever more new and creative ways to make sure when we spend a flag that it’s a loss.

Sounds totally awesome.

You brought up raids… then you said they are hard and so war should buff the attacker not the defender…

As someone who wins 95+% of raids, why would I want wars to be made even easier than that?? That sounds awful and totally BORING.

The whole point of war is that’s its a war you’re not supposed to win with all 6 of your flags it’s supposed to be a team effort. So yes I am in the right place because I want wins 6/6 times to be an accomplishment not a given. Sounds like you’re in the wrong place though unfortunately :wink:

And if you can’t take out a single enemy in the corner with 5 attackers you are doing something seriously wrong :joy:… just let them heal all they want, charge 2-3 special by ghosting tiles, boom they’re dead.

A board shuffle could be an interesting field aid too. When the bar is full, your tiles shuffle. Would be hella frustrating, unless it happens to cascade nicely and kill some heroes for you.

1 Like

Oh no… someone says something you don’t like so you take your ball and leave instead of having a discussion… :rofl: bye…

Board shuffle almost always benefits offense, not defense.

1 Like

What about a board shuffle similar to what we saw for the Halloween event where the pumpkins exploded, or the Holiday event where you had to break the ice? Maybe the clock removes dragons and diamonds and replaces them with their original tile.

2 Likes

Oooh good idea. Like an ice blast where 3-4 random tiles on your board get frozen. No reason to not incorporate those event debuffs periodically into the wars!

1 Like

Why not WMD (baby nukes & poisonous gas) to wipe out alliance enemy teams? :open_mouth:

This idea came to me when replying to a post, which aimed at forcing war defense teams to change with each war and I decided to make it a separate suggestion, because it was a different kind of suggestion than the original one.

In quests, there’s an effect which creates disadvantage to fire heroes. If there were war effects like this rather than “Everyone attacks more” “Everyone gets hit” “Everyone gets healed”, it could make wars more interesting. And it would affect both defending and attacking teams the same. So for example:

• -- :blue_heart:; + :heart: Hot day: The war takes place during a hot day.
    – All Ice heroes have their attack reduced by 10 % and their special attacks have a 10 % chance to miss.
    – All fire heroes have their critical strike chance and defense rating increased by 10 %.
  • -- :heart:; + :blue_heart: Cold day: The war takes place during a very cold day. (:blue_heart: naturally strong against :heart:)
  • -- :green_heart:; + :blue_heart: Mountain battle: The war takes place in the mountains (Or some other place which is cold and with little nature)
  • -- :blue_heart:; + :green_heart: Tropical forest battle
  • -- :heart:; + :green_heart: Swamp battle
  • -- :green_heart:; + :heart: Desert battle
  • -- :purple_heart:; + :yellow_heart: Holy land
  • -- :yellow_heart:; + :purple_heart: Unholy land

The effects could be paired like this or they could just apply to one element which would gain advantage or disadvantage (coming up with good reasons why nature is at disadvanatage when fire is at advantage but ice is normal is hard) Also the days should be replaced by a place as well. I was developing the idea as I was writing. The current pick of places is a suggestion, I’m sure people can come up with better places, which would be advantage to one element and disadvanatge to the other.

The buffs/debuffs could change depending on the natural relationship of the elements, so a different buff if the buffed element is naturally strong aganst the debuffed one. Or there could be a pack of small buffs and debuffs and one would randomly get picked.

These effects could be new set of war effects or there could be another war effect (Battlefield effect), although that might be a bit too much (or replace the originals? :thinking:)

To have some examples of other buffing options:
Debuffs:

• Defense decreased by 10 %
  • Very small amount of damage every turn (poison)
  • Chance to miss 10 %

Buffs:

• Attack increased by 10 %
  • Very small heal every turn
  • Reflect 10 % damage
4 Likes

Not a fan at all of Field Aid and would rather something that speeds up the matches, not slow them down.
How about putting aside field aid / arrow attack / attack boost and add tourney rules to alliance wars.

• Bloody battle (no healing or res)
    AND all healer classes start the matches with a bonus 20% HP so they are still useful as meat shields.

• Rush attack (all mana speeds set to very fast)
    or just give a mana boost to BOTH teams every few rounds, but it always happens on the enemy teams turn so they are still at a huge advantage potentially setting off all their abilities first.

• Buff Booster (each buff add to attack)
    or just make ALL buffs and debuffs undespellable!!!

• Time delay/reversal: all DOT (damage over time) effects instead do more damage up front and no DOT at all, AND all direct damage and instant abilities instead happen the next turn and only if the caster is still alive.

• Toxic mist: Max HP reduction to all heroes every round. This is much different than damage each round since healers have a continually lower ceiling to work with.

• Cleansing mist: All buffs and debuffs are removed at the end of every round (opposite of buff booster)

• Pro-(Element) mist: all heroes NOT of the specified type take damage every round.

• Anti-(Element) mist: all heroes OF the specified type take damage every round.

[whats good about the pro/anti mist is it allows all color heroes but running that color will be at a huge boost or detriment. Since there will be an on screen indicator stating what color is pro/anti, alternately that color can change every so many rounds for more randomness]

• Hex tiles: Hex switches sides each turn, whenever you make a tile match, immediately deal damage to all heroes on the hexxed team of the corresponding tile colors (so if your team is hexxed and you make a red match, all your red heroes are immediately delt damage as if attacked. If opponent is hexxed then all their red heroes immediately take damage when the tile match is made before going off board for normal attack).

• Opposition: damage to opposing colors is doubled (so four times normal)

• Mana bombs: just like the timed bombs in the Springvale seasonal event, except instead of gaining life when matched and taking damage when the timer runs out, the mana potion bombs will raise or lower mana instead of life.

• Home turf bonus: All heroes take damage every round. Each of the ‘Family’ heroes, which are the Event specific heroes (wonderland, pirates, guardians, grimforest, camelot) and the three season two families (atlantis, sakura, lagoon) are immune to that damage if it is their home turf.

1 Like

I say if your attacking a fully healed team 5 on 5 there is no field aid but is gradually brought into the game. Once one is gone field aid comes into play two it increases etc etc…
5 on 4 field aid is on from the start.
Yah get me drift!

Tournaments are a success in the sense that players use a larger variety of heroes than they would otherwise. And because of tournaments, there is a much larger variety in heroes that have talents. This is because of the themes of each tournament as well as restricted colors and rarity.

Wars could be more interesting if there were buffs, debuffs, or restrictions, and these modifiers were more flavorful. Modifiers to battle would force players to use a larger variety of characters and would make battles more interesting and challenging.

I think it would be interesting to strengthen or weaken heroes based on CLASSES! This would lead to an even bigger variety in heroes used to tank or attack.

You could even have a set of conditions that buff or debuff certain families of the Atlantis family! Or the new families based on events!

Here is an example of some fantasy conditions:

• The King is Dead: Raid attacks have only 4 attackers and raid defense has 4 defenders and no tank
  • The Last Survivors: Raid defense has only three defenders but they start the battle with +50% attack, +50% defense, +50% health, +10% mana generation
  • You’re On Your Own: A war with no field support for the defense
  • Undead Plague: Clerics and Paladins get +20% attack/defense and +5% mana generation
  • Anarchy: Barbarians and Rogues get +20% attack/defense and +5% mana generation
  • Mystic Surge: Sorcerers and Wizards get +20% attack/defense and +5% mana generation
  • Natural Disaster: Druids and Rangers get +20% attack/defense and +5% mana generation
  • Martial Law: Fighters and Monks get +20% attack/defense and +5% mana generation

Here are other examples mostly based on weather conditions:

• Snow Storm: Blues heroes get +20% attack/defense and +5% mana generation, red heroes get -20% attack/defense and -5% mana generation
  • Heat Wave: Red heroes get +20% attack/defense and +5% mana generation, blue heroes get -20% attack/defense and -5% mana generation
  • Pestilence: Purple heroes get +20% attack/defense and +5% mana generation, yellow heroes get -20% attack/defense and -5% mana generation
  • Witch Hunt: Yellow heroes get +20% attack/defense and +5% mana generation, purple heroes get -20% attack/defense and -5% mana generation
  • Floods: Green heroes get +20% attack/defense and +5% mana generation
  • Fire: Green heroes get -20% attack/defense and -5% mana generation
  • Famine: Mana speed decreases by one step
  • Drought: All heroes health decreases by 20%

These are just some quick examples, with classes and colors, SG could get really creative!! (PS. I’d like to do freelance work for you).

It’s possible there could be multiple battlefield conditions in play as well.

It’s better to buff or debuff heroes instead of restricting heroes because of the following reasons:

• Some players just don’t want to change their defensive lineup, no matter what.
  • Some players have developed a certain tank or defensive lineup and don’t want to change it, no matter what.
  • Some players forget or don’t have time to change their defensive lineup and wars happen regardless of a player’s attentiveness

For these reasons, buffing or debuffing is a better solution than restrictions.

At the very least I’d like to see wars have the same parameters as the raid tournament (with the exception of rarity). So color restrictions and buff booster, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider this.

3 Likes

I have one for tournament rules. All attack and Def stats/buffs are reversed. But certain characters may break the game under this rule

How about we get rid of field aid and use certain battle items so no side has an advantage its just team vs team, only in wars though. And not your choice of battle items a given set for each attack so its fair for everyone. Sometimes the field aid makes it impossible to defeat teams your own strength or even do a moderate amount of damage anyway.

I’m not sure why my original suggestion got merged into this suggestion, we’re not even asking for the same thing.

Sure, mana boost was something that could be in war, but I was overall suggesting much, much more.

I guess I could just post my suggestion again, instead of asking it to be unmerged. Please don’t merge it again.

Not my fault :roll_eyes: but ur suggestion is awesone :blush::+1:

1 Like

In the current war, the field aid is cranked up so high, none of my teams made much of a dent.
Whatever setting the game is using for field aid is way higher than I’ve ever seen in war. I am going to assume it is applied equally to both sides.
Hopefully the guys running the show read this.
This war was so one sided, with field aid, and I performed so poorly in war compared to the past, that for the first time. I’m asking myself if I want to keep playing, after several months and more than a little $ spent.

Sorry google translator.
It seems to me that the war of alliances in the form as it has now become of little interest. From time to time one and the same tactics for everyone. Why not diversify the principle of war itself, for example in this way:
In preparation for the war, the leader of the alliance determines the construction of a field for the players, for example:

1. Four of a kind - square
  2. Wedge
  3. Phalanx
    etc.
    The main principle is the lines of defense, you can attack only the first line of defense, after his victory - the second and so on. To put strong players on the first line or weak at first - the leader of the alliance chooses.
    Give players the tools to create real tactics, and not the tedious monotony that the war has turned into.