đŸ•” Storyline – Season 4 (Voyagers of the Underwild)

Maybe you want to say something about spoilers ahead. Not everyone is playing at the same pace.

Well
 stuck for another month in the story haha

2 Likes

So far I am liking the story, it’s not the in your face ‘the world is coming to an end’ type of plot like the other seasons. And there is definitely some subtle foreshadowing (especially for Elizabeth) here about the dangers in the later chapters

ist this Mjolnir, the Hammer of Thor?

1 Like

gosh, I just thought it was a fancy flashlight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It never occurred to me to actually read the text as a story line. I always skip it. One day my husband mentioned something about it and I said, “you mean you read that”? He said, of course I do. Perhaps it comes from his PC playing of Sim games. I’m still not going to read the story line, I’ll go read a book instead :grinning:

2 Likes

Can we just appreciate how beautiful the storyline map is?

5 Likes

Thank you @Guvnor , I do not have to this myself after all this time!

Too bad you can’t save a bit on the clicking and uploading
 by posting videos.

Super appreciate the extra effort being made to share the story (especially since some players probably skip it without thinking.)

I do have questions

What are Elena, Vivica and Richard? Are they friends? Cousins? Co-workers? Or some game of thrones like relationship?

Season 3, a portal opened up so they decided to just jump through and see what’s up on the other side, and get involved in local politics and take sides on the words of strangers they literally just met.

Season 4, they get a letter to blindly show up 
 so what the heck, they head into a hole in the ground.

They have no qualms invading foreign lands, running roughshod over the lives of local wildlife and native people, and stealing native resources and wealth.

And
 according to this video
 they seem to be tomb robbers with very little empathy for pets.

Story note: good villians think they are the hero of their own story.

:rofl:

Maybe they think they are heroes, but are actually the baddies.

2 Likes

I’m glad I listened to you guys. The first three seasons were awful. Painful, even. Then things started to get better right around Tuvix (who should have lived, by the way, see my comment below) and then the show hit the ground running at the beginning of the fourth season.

I wasn’t so sure at first, but it’s definitely Star Trek, all right.

I remember reading a fabulous thread to that effect, a couple of years ago. It’s probably in the Community Content topic, but too far back to rummage out as I’ll never remember what it was called. Maybe somebody who remembers stuff will find it :smiley:

1 Like

They’re both mercenaries who work for the (evil) king of the castle. They kill everything they’re told to kill and they get paid in native summoning coins. Their only objective is to create a strong army full of legendary “heroes”.

The more local fauna they kill, the more legendary mercenaries they can summon so they can invade the next country. I mean, the “next season”. It’s a neverending cycle.

It’s just a theory tho :laughing:

2 Likes

Don’t forget that they recruit new “heroes” from the subdued local populace also!

3 Likes

I thought they used them as “training pals” in the death arenas. I mean the training camps :joy:

3 Likes

The story looks intriguing. Elizabeth, based on her lines, looks like she could turn on the group later on. Don’t know if she will or not, but the vibe she gives off looks that way. They should make an Empires and Puzzles animated series

My investment in the story is partially whatever titles each hero in the game has, and how elements of the story or stories progress. People are welcome to their respective intepretations of certain events, like the earlier mention that we’re playing terrorists/conquerers.

First season felt like a generic “we gotta stop a one-note villain, who has the Chaos Emeralds Infinity Stones Elemental Gems and isolated himself in the Dragonian Cave!” Second season somewhat transported them via boat to the Archipelago, where most of the story progression initially started with Misandra making amends with Tarlak before learning that a “dark force” that Vivica’s sensed before has plagued Atlantis. Third season, I guess, was a collaborative effort to start Ragnarok through the efforts of Ymir, Alfrike, Fenrir, Surtur, and Nidhogg, with the only aid and form of context coming from siblings (or comrades?) Agnes and Bjorn.

Now, we have the fourth season, where the first three provinces was just introductions and supposedly a community that’s EXTREMELY hostile to outsiders (which would explain why we’re forced to brute-force through the Sandy Caves filled with four-armed humanoids, a cyclop, a seaman-looking thing, and a centipede literally born from whatever crystals we’ll probably see down the line). Curious if Akkor would be willing to spawn any time soon to help them not have to fight off a bunch of four-arms (but technically still will because why not!).

2 Likes

:rofl: I forgot about that story beat.

Your post made me take a look at again

2 Likes

That’s it for another month

2 Likes

All done for the month.

I missed the first dialogue at the end of province 9 tho so if anyone has it
 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the first panel, hope the sizing is ok:

1 Like