Stop Mercenaries in war...again

Good point. Since they want a break and slower pace, just make any player joining an alliance have to wait 1 week before participating in wars.

Time to get to know your team mates, sort out new tanks, have a rest and at the same time, discourage mercs from Frelling up the game mechanics and messing with young teams.

Win win.

1 Like

Devs will never care if players get shafted unless it impacts cash flow.

So, can you post how the score is right now and how many hits?

Just curious.

The mercenary is not a problem since during the matchmaking the characteristics of the heroes and troops of the players are taken into account. It happens to all of us to have players with super teams (mercenaries or not). You just have to organize to eliminate it. one takes care of the tank and the next attack ends the team. The more strong mercenaries you put in your alliance, the stronger the opposing alliance will be.

Just an update. As expected, we cannot chop down the 4209 team with arrow barrage with a max team of 3300 fielded.

We used organization to kill the enemy. Again it’s all about perception. I think it does affect newer players and the issue is no one will be vocal…they will simply keep it “dabble for free” and move on…

I am done with this thread. I have only played this game for 60 days…it always amuses me how the super vets think they know everything. One thing they can never know is the experience of a new player to the game. Only those who are truly new can share their experiences. I hope SG recognizes this on this thread. I mean no disrespect to the super vets, but the game beyond protocol died because the super vets dictated and the game ignored the needs of the new arrival.

This game probably won’t die but in a revenue/profit world, games like this always need a new crop of new players

Signing out

We won. Their team is a bunch of no shows

So what you’re saying is that the super vets should not be trying to help out the new players by explaining how to overcome situations like this?

No I am not saying that. I am saying that helping out sometimes comes without listening. Super vets are a definite guide. Love the YouTube etc but this thread started with some bashing by the vets to not understand the issue is “the perception” by the newer players

Don’t hyperbolize the intent. Thank god effective dev community managers can hear that too

Been there done that…

Like the way you automatically assumed a higher-level player was a war merc …

True. Perception is reality. It is unfortunate but the world uses perception as truth all the time

The player could have been someone’s alt. Sure. Then what is it…perception of the other team is still affected.

The demand that SG change game rules to fight (possibly untrue) perceptions, rather than deal with rock solid, mathematical
realities is what bothers me.

I don’t want the Devs to pander to my (or other people’s) perceptions, but to confirm where the digital walls and floor are, what the game does and what the rules are.

2 Likes

Ok, so we can assume this time matchmaking was NOT so unfair as you suggested?

As @Rigs say to you before, there’s another way to exploit the matchmaking system.

Having one or two strong players out of 15-20+ people joining at the last minute is not the correct way to trigger it, and it doesn’t really pose a problem.

It simply means the others compensate for them in the calculation.

Never assume you are the underdog.
Fight until the end at the best of your chance.

Thing is you lose some games and win others. We often face teams with several 4000+ teams as we’ve worked our way up and have to work even harder now to flip boards but it doesn’t always happen. You take it on the chin and then kick the hell out of the next team! Our alliance has a core group of players who have been together for a year or so with 4000 + teams but it’s taken time and patience as some spend money and others don’t. Yes Mercs might be a pain and we got some early on but you won’t get them all of the time. Anyway you get a load of crap most of the time when you do win so…

2 Likes

Yeah. I have been reading on the Called out exploits. Am curious …do the war points follow the individual. If they do, when a player joins another alliance, it just boosts the war points. Tack it to the individual and then the war points won’t reset. If I understand it correctly…