Stop creating stupid topics about "End of the game, RIP..."

The game is literally exactly the same as it was in 2018 but with more stuff to do.

I log in daily and play the same as I always do…feels no different to me.

As said above, nothing lasts forever and eventually this game will pass on but saying it’s a rotten carcass is a very personal opinion you hold rather than a fact.

5 Likes

If the game died a while back I wouldn’t still be commenting here now.

2 Likes

Stranger things have happened LOL depends what pill you took

I might disagree, except insofar it’s still a “match-3 game where tiles charge up your heroes’ mana” (and even a growing number of events play with the tile mechanics more and more).

There are more competitive and/or leaderboard events, and more challenging PvE events (including more challenging versions of already-existing events, e.g. costume chamber event).

The raw number of released heroes per year has ~tripled from 2018 to 2022.

While power creep has always existed, arguably —beyond raw hero numbers —power creep has accelerated to something significantly more than “creep.”

Also? Hero improvements, from emblems to LB to LB2, plus costumes and second costumes.

There have been many discussions about how good, how bad, or both, these changes have been… but “exactly the same” doesn’t seem to obtain.

Where did you get that number from? I’m not saying the game is dying, but I do get the impression that the active player base is shrinking. Just from the percentage-wise ranked events like tournaments and MT. When tournaments were new, I used to end up Top 1% when i was amongst the top 10k player or even slightly below. Now when I finish at 7k something I end up being Top 5% only.

Unfortunately I don’t have any screenshots from back then, it’s just an observation. And it could also mean that more people just got tired of tournaments amd don’t join them while otherwise still actively playing. But I think to some degree the decline of participation in tournaments also reflects the decline of the active player base in general.

click this

That’s a thread where participation numbers are discussed. You will understand why you end up top 5%

1 Like