Stones' colour distribution is NOT random - MASTER Board Conspiracy

Let’s give the player mitigating circumstance; you don’t know what is with that attack. May be the last attack in war, after he finished anything else :slight_smile:

P.S. At least you can see it is an attack at war…

Ok true enough, and I have also used a weak mono against tank when opponent is mono tank colour. But weak against Elena tank? Only if that’s only option left.

I guess so, that was only left… I mean… Mnesseus is there :slight_smile:

Suicide attack… I have done that in wars…

It would be nice to see what the starting boards were for the other attacks in the war(s). Cherry picking only the bad ones is not a complete data set. Plus we only have two starting boards here.

This thread proves why conspiracy theories are kinda popular. It’s not enough that one of the game developers comes here and tells us the truth that the boards are indeed random.

We even have graphs when using stacked teams to show that the distribution of tiles is rather perfect but it’s still not enough.

And as the ones above has already said the first board you’ve even made two red combines so that screenshot isn’t worth anything. Then I would never attack Elena with mono green. Since you have a dispeller you could have tried an Ares tank instead. The third board should statistically be a win. If any of the three new tiles is green Grimm is dead round 2 (blue 4 in the middle, 20% chance Grimm dies round 1). If not there’s a decent chance to clear the middle with the blue and purple combo afterwards. For only getting 4 tiles at least the placement is rather good. After that anything could happen with a 3 tile wide mana dump to search for more green.

4 Likes

Yes I know this. During war. My final 2 flags are never very strong, so I stack to get the most possible damage. That’s the only time I don’t arrange my heroes based on the opponent tank.

Yes, sorry I didn’t clue in right away on the war aspect. Still, a very limited data set.

I used mono in latest war for all six flags. I went 4-6 one-shot. Not all 4 one-shot battles started great or even good. None of them gave me a clean kill of the tank in the first three moves. Ironically the one flag where I went weak on tank was a one-shot. I always attack 4000+ teams and my mono teams average around 3500-3600.

Has there been an addition to the text? Does it now say that it is related to the color of your heroes?

It says “the colors correspond to the Elemental type of your heroes” which means red gems correspond with red heroes, etc.

Are you sure that is what the support page is trying to let us know about? Why is ‘however’ there in the following text?

“The match or puzzle board is completely random. It reshuffles when there are no combinations found. It is not related to team strengths or the players, however, the colors correspond to the Elemental type of your heroes

English is my second language but doesn’t it follow the first part like, “not related to X but Y”?

What I think they are trying to say is that the puzzle board is generated independent of team strength or player (i.e. completely random) but the puzzle board colours co-ordinate with the heroes’ element (or colour) once generated. It could have been better worded.

1 Like

so you used some red tiles, as evident by non-zero mana on your heroes, and when there is no more red left on the board, you took a screenshot and posted it as proof? gtfo with this :poop:
this only proves that when you selectively use tiles of a certain color, there are fewer tiles left on the board.

if you took your head out of your behind, you would notice that this board would also be bad for a mono purple team, and argueably for yellow, since the only match doesnt hit the tank.
but no, it is a consripacy againts your mono green team.

And still waiting for the full set of your data …

No, it’s saying 3 things:

1. It’s random:

The match or puzzle board is completely random.

1. It’ll reshuffle if no moves are possible:

It reshuffles when there are no combinations found.

1. The tiles aren’t determined based on your team, but the colors matter with your heroes, and what does strong/neutral/weak damage:

It is not related to team strengths or the players, however, the colors correspond to the Elemental type of your heroes. Make sure to check the icon in the top left corner of your screen to see which color combinations deal optimal damage.

You can find more information on Elements here: What-are-Elements

It’s not super clearly worded, but it’s not saying that the board isn’t random. They’re just trying to explain that the color of tiles matters for damage.

1 Like

My final 2 flags are random.

Is that what you really think they mean? Noting there are strong and weak colors on the page about board configuration?

Why would it say however anyway?

Yes, that’s clearly what they mean, and they confirmed the boards were random here:

Because it’s contrasting the tiles being unrelated to the player or team strength, but being related to the Elemental type of the heroes, which it then goes on to specify is related to optimal damage.

It’s not very well phrased, but I have absolutely no doubt that they’re saying the board is random.

Tim (lead game designer) also reiterated that the boards were random during the March AMA, and that they’re aware that nothing they can say or do will convince some people when things are random.

3 Likes

Hi, @zephyr1 et all pretty much explained the intention of the FAQ article. We’ll look into improving the wording here to make it more comprehensible.

8 Likes