Stones' colour distribution is NOT random - MASTER Board Conspiracy

No skill saves you from not having one color you need. And when it comes, often is too late. I believe the members who complain here about the board. I don’t think are lying. And exactly this is the reason I am against this way to play. Look at the Wintersun… He is often in top 5. But also buried his alliance score when the puzzle didn’t help him. This is one of the many reasons I gave up working with big aliances. Most of my team mates played mono and I lost a lots of wars because of them. Now, I don’t lose. My alliance (3 members), did also the record of points, all attacks won. Over 9000 points. Last war I made “only” 7500+ :slight_smile: I can show you a ss, if you don’t believe me :slight_smile: But I don’t and I couldn’t play mono. It makes no sense to me. Since I have strong attacks why should I risk? I play exactly as Zero did. My hero :slight_smile: And I don’t have such rooster like his; not even close. But let’s be honest now. If the players should play like him, this topic wouldn’t exist. You can do a lot of damage with a 3-2, not only 5. For example, it is enough for me to hit only 2 times a talented Guin and she’s gone. And the best thing playing 3-2, if you don’t have the tank’s opposite color in board, you can always rely on the other. And finding the best options to combine them in puzzle is a real skill. Like Zero and other great players proved to us.

2 Likes

You are opposed to mono. I and many others are not. To each his/her own.

2 Likes

How possibly this board is random?!

4 Likes

Its not ! IA was hoping for you to take a green mono :joy::joy::joy:
But you just outsmarted the devs!!!

4 Likes

See the holy cross, that’s RNGeesus …

5 Likes

If you generate tens of millions of boards every day, that central configuration is almost sure to come up.

5 Likes

Think I’ve got you beat

RIP poor Kash. Reptilian gods won’t save him…

The saddest part was that the guy must have just made a big push because that was at like 2600 cups, which is nuts for a kash tank.

That was the game’s way of saying “get back to platinum where you belong, lizardman”

2 Likes

To be fair that is a bit over the top but you can only make 1 diamond per move there

How about this for a run of green - 3 diamonds in the first 2 moves

2 Likes

3-2 ftw! Right there… It’s not a bigger proof that you can always rely on the second color, like I already said. Anyway… Luckiest puzzle ever :rofl:

what are you gonna say about this?

5 Likes

You know, you can make a yellow diamond to get rid of all that yellow tiles you don’t need :joy:

1 Like

in several different ways too. decisions, decisions - what a hard battle it was…

Have to say, the more of a single color I have on my team, that color is definitely less showing on my starting board.

Yes, I understand confirmation bias. Yes, I understand it’s been addressed and in a one paragraph answer saying it’s completely random. Based on my daily experience and playing style (I look to make :diamonds: of the colors I don’t have to expressly clear the board in hopes of getting colors I do have), the AI seems to overcompensate when I have three or more of the same color. As more heroes are added with more unique and powerful specials, can that tend to skew calculations of the RNG? In other words do the devs regularly play the game to help insure the randomness is working as intended?

Still love the game and will still be at least a CTP player, just wondering out loud…

Thanks!

Please start screen-shotting all your opening boards and counting. Data should be submitted to the Color Stacking Fairness Project

2 Likes

I’ll give you a simple example. Many people complain that Wu Kong misses more than 32% declared on his card. It happens to me too when I send a beautiful combo of 4 tiles into titan’s weak spot and I get 4 misses.

But when that people start to record their fights and actually count misses and hits it turns out it’s really 32%. Sure, in one fight it can be 80% or 5%. But the bigger is your sample, the more your results converge to declared 32%.

It’s like with a coin. Flip your coin 10 times and you can get 7 heads and 3 tails. Not close to 50%, right? But flip it 100 times and it’s highly improbable you’ll get 70 heads or 70 tails.

So why do people have impression Wu misses more often than he actually does? It’s because of our biased perception. You don’t like when Wu misses. It means you don’t do damage and possibly lose titan stun. It hurts you, it makes you angry and frustrated. Because of the strong emotions you remember better misses than hits, you pay more attention to misses. It makes overall impression Wu misses very often.

That’s why some people started to actually count tiles. And the statistical analysis didn’t reveal any bias in tiles distribution.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Man that sucks. I hope you opened a support ticket for that obviously unfair gem distribution.