Stones' colour distribution is NOT random - MASTER Board Conspiracy

your conspiracy theories are not helping anyone.

I’m still waiting for the default tin foil hat cliche that ppl use when ever someone points out something that’s out of the ordinary.

Randomness always averages out. But there is no averaging out here, but to prove it would require software I don’t have. But simple observation can trigger attention of the anomaly.

Simple mum & dad players are not going to acquire special software & rake through hours of exhausting data just to prove a point.

Sometimes observation is adequate to identify something is not right.

3 Likes

Faith is just belief without evidence, as they say, and if you believe something as a matter of faith then I wouldn’t presume to question that belief. But to claim that you have some basis for your belief - that you “smell a rat”, for example - then not to share any evidence that provides that basis is at best terribly unconvincing. It seems like it might even be disingenuous.

Randomness does not always average out. There’s even a name for that silly idea: The Gambler’s Fallacy. We’re discussed it in the forum previously, but I’m sure you can find it on Alta Vista. And of course you don’t need “special software” to test randomness. You can do it on a phone, once you’ve collected data.

@peanutz already offered you tinfoil hats, by the way.

This message posted courtesy of the Small Giant paid forum contributor program.

2 Likes

I need to go but one last comment.
You’ll find that a lot of things in life that we believe to be absolutes, have very little if not any proof. We end up having faith in agencies that we trust because we are taught that they will never lie to us. with a little research you’ll find that we are lied to all the time.
If a developer tells me that a game is random , balanced & fair across the board, while raking in millions doing it, I’ll question it straight away. When so many players keep posting that they feel ripped off by the game then that holds some value. Naturally the financial beneficiaries are going to offer you tin foil hats or say you believe in peppercorns.
I trust my observations.
And it’s not random.

5 Likes

where is your research

1 Like

Do it yourself, you’ll be surprised.

So you want me to do the research to prove the theory you say is fact?

1 Like

(Sorry, I couldn’t resist…) :grin:

6 Likes

I want a large pack of marshmallows! I have a dragon ready to roast them for me. As for the other stuff it is incentive for me to buy. It is my money, and I can do what I want. lol

1 Like

TOPIC: Stones’ color distribution is not random in Raids.

Has this topic been talked out? Or hijacked? I’m verily tempted to close this thread… shakes finger

1 Like

People need to vent it is part of the way humans cope, just like comedy needs to happen another coping mechanism. If the thread closes another will probably pop up about similar things a few days from now; however, perhaps it will stay on topic, but maybe not. Ultimately it is your decision. I am just glad I don’t have your job. Lol

1 Like

Decisions, decisions :grin:

I disagree with OP that the game (sneakily or otherwise) changes the game to prevent you from getting the colors you double.

As far as anecdotal evidence, I’ve noticed a few opening boards being double color short, but I go on to win roughly 70% of my boards, so this doesn’t bother me.

No, I don’t intend to gather a load of boards to compare because it honestly doesn’t interest me. shrug

My vote is with @UrCrazyExGf: I say keep it open, otherwise it’ll just spring up again elsewhere. You don’t want this craziness spreading. Ghosts.

This message posted courtesy of the Small Giant paid forum contributor program.

1 Like

What does SG gain by making tiles non-random? In any raid, one player will win, another lose. They earn no extra money.

Now if you’re talking about odds of loot or shop purchases, that’s a different conversation for a different thread.

5 Likes

What you say is totally logical and obviously correct, so you have clearly misunderstood the sort of thinking that is going on here.

4 Likes

It should have been closed after the definitive statement by the developers.

The only benefit this has is sorting people into dubious categories, and the drawbacks should be readily apparent. I strongly suspect people suggesting it remain open have never had the responsibility for moderating a community before: have to defend the community as a moderator and this continued conversation detracts from it.

The back and forth without any real data being posted (as stated, cherry picked screenshots isn’t sufficient and someone did run an screenshot analysis over something like 1000 boards which supported the developer’s statement in another thread a few months back) is just a waste of time and breath.

2 Likes

While I find it frustrating to find a board full of the elements I opt out of, I doubt anyone purposely wrote an algorithm to make it happen same with short my double. It would defeat the purpose of raids entirely if someone couldn’t safely strong suit to defeat a particular opponent. It would leave winning completely to the randomness (or lack of) of the gems and probability of winning with 100 or so less team strength nearly impossible. And I doubt anyone is monitoring my raids closely enough to “make” me loose. I guess we just aren’t that special!

It’s such a wrong argument to say double colors fade away tiles that EVERY top hitter on the game advises to double!! They all double!! If everyone felt the strong color misses on board, who would do it? Why??
Maybe yes, randomly a crappy crappy crappy board is given to us, but no hassle to go out pointing it out. It’s disappointing but on the opposite chance, a great board will give the hit of your life.

1 Like

I just put it there)
And such thing always)

Speaking only for myself, I don’t know what point you are trying to make.