Stones' colour distribution is NOT random - MASTER Board Conspiracy

What is weird? You decided to use only 1/5 of all the tiles on a board. 80% of tiles are useless for you and you try not to touch them. This result in washing away green tiles and you end up with a completely useless board.

In my understanding mono color team might work in challenge events when player does hundreds of repetions waiting for a fluctuation of a color distribution in his favor. In raiding you have only 3 attempts and making a bet on a single color doesn’t look reasonable to me.

3 Likes

I understand how sometimes it is felt as a personal attack for both sides of the story; those who believe tile distribution is random and those who believe it is not.

If someone turns on you or your idea then most people end up in a moment of psychological upset. In these forums it is usually triggered by feeling disrespected, devalued, distrusted, rejected, offended and sometimes even insulted. Most likely we then succumb to the urge either to directly defend ourself or to counterattack our assailant.

I would tell everyone to ask themselves the next question when they realize they are about to ‘‘lose their cool’’:

Before this person pushed my button, which one of their buttons might I have pushed?

Your next post will more likely be rationally written instead of emotionally. This counts for everyone.

To have a valuable discussion about this subject, it is just necessary to provide evidence so that it remains focused on reality and not on conspiracies. This proof will have to have a certain test sample size to be credible; the reason why most people speak about 100+ board recordings.

The great thing about this discussion is that, the people who believe it is random, have done 100+ tests (in my own case ~ 50) several times. They all come to the conclusion that the evidence shows that it is indeed random.

The annoying thing about this discussion is that, the people who believe it is not random, have not done any tests of a credible sample size. We are now a year later, so the time was there for it and can’t be the issue. A few of these bad-board screenshots with the text that it is always the same story, is simply not enough to question the already delivered evidence. We all have the good and bad boards.

After this proof was delivered, the developers also said that it is indeed random.

A logical consequence of the supporting evidence for the developers’ statement, therefore, is that the majority concludes that there will simply be no credible evidence to support the title of this thread; stone distribution is random.

Unfortunately, not everyone always shows this in the most friendly way. But Moderators definitely do. I have yet to find a Moderator who’s being a straightup … :peach:

4 Likes

Had this one pop up this morning. As F2P I read a lot of helpful tips from you guys so a starting board never worries me. Learning the heros specials and where to drive the board is key, poured the dead tiles into guin since I wasn’t going to mana up anyway and turned it around for the win.
Boards are random, we just like to remember the bad ones.

3 Likes

Nobody, with a bit of experience and two fingers of the front, believes that the boards are random at this point. Before I believe in Santa Claus that in that falsehood.

1 Like

You can believe what you want but as long as you dont present some valid prove it is a BELIEVE.

1 Like

I’d actually say that believing the boards AREN’T random is a bit more like believing in Santa Claus. Just because the presents appear and the cookies get eaten doesn’t mean there’s a magical man behind the scenes making everything happen that way :wink:

If you look at the analysis I did, you’ll see that the average starting board in a random system is expected to be bad for color stackers. And it’s really easy to follow that with another 10-20 tiles of the wrong color.

If it makes you feel better to think that the game designers have rigged things against you, go for it I guess. Me? I wouldn’t want to play a game that I thought was rigged like that.

1 Like

The same topical answers, empty and simple as always, change the names but not the speech. No, there is no dev chasing me for being me, there is a line of code that penalizes the abuse of color, that is OBVIOUS, tests have been posted, although they are not necessary as soon as you start playing in monocolor, it is not immediate, It takes a few games, but then it is permanent and it is not home, it is that you can clean 2 and 3 times and it remains the same. But to yours, go on like this, Orwell laughs from wherever he is.

1 Like

What do you want me to say? You’re ignoring all the proof and analysis to the contrary that’s been posted.

Up thread is this actual counting of over 250 starting boards:

Here’s my post applying math to the question of how likely bad starting boards are:

The problem is, the “proofs” posted by those complaining of non-randomness never include a statistically meaningful sample. Just a handful of board pictures.

So, really, I’m not just using empty words. I’m summarizing actual analysis. If you have anything of comparable rigor to offer in support of your position, I would love to see it.

3 Likes

No, the comprehensive refutation of your belief has neither been empty nor simple. Players have logged hundreds of consecutive starting boards and subjected the data to rigorous statistical hypothesis tests. Each and every test has been unable to disprove that boards are random.

It is your assertion that is empty and simple. You provide anecdotes, impressions, and baseless conspiracy theories.

I’m not going to bother to try to convince you, Ber, but I do want to make sure to others reading this thread that this case is closed: boards are random. Anyone who can bring a systematically collected dataset and analysis to disprove the earlier work is welcome to bring that forward.

6 Likes

Cause you dont understand what i tried to say
COLOR ON THE BOARD IS NOT RANDOM, ITS UNDERCONTROL

I think it’s because we can’t hear you
MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY TYPING LOUDER

6 Likes

I believe I do understand what you are trying to say. You are trying to say that the colour of the gems that fill the board is not random.

The devs have confirmed the boards are random (opening boards with matches are regenerated), there is no incentive for them to be anything but random, and no one has ever produced one speck of evidence that the boards are anything but random. So what you “tried to say” to say is utter nonsense.

4 Likes

Not really nonsense.
If I take three holy for a violett titan, yellow tiles are much more rare than usual.
I’m sure tile appearence depends on choice of heroes.
Test it yourself, farm monocolored and you’ll see.

1 Like

I’d be delighted to see your evidence.

2 Likes

Here’s some actual data over a decent sample:

I’m still collecting more data, but the result is holding up over 4500 tiles seen.

But if you don’t believe it, or if you think it’s genuinely different for your account, I’ll make you a deal: you screenshot every board you get for a while and post it (the good boards, the average, and the bad), and I’ll process the data for you. I think you’ll be surprised by the results.

4 Likes

@Brobb
To garantee fairness in mana balance.
If you take e.g. 5 reds and get as much red tiles as usual you would win in every case.
Therefore red tiles are limited in that case to adjust the fairness of gaining mana for both teams.
It’s not proven, only experienced :wink:
Tile damage has to stay balanced as well.
The damage of red tiles would be very high in that case and the rest will cause nearly zero damage.

I suspect that there is a reason why it is not proven - the evidence linked above.

1 Like

[Sigh.]

No, you wouldn’t.

1 Like

You can get as many red tiles and either win or have no matches as they’re mixed through the board. Because you are looking for only red matches the red non-matches don’t register with you and so boards seem skewed. It is more common to have a colour match (any) than a specific colour match in initial board.

2 Likes

You’re right - I assumed skills and power would be similar :wink: