Stones' colour distribution is NOT random - MASTER Board Conspiracy

That’s very interesting. I don’t think it “proves” anything, but your experience certainly didn’t provide any evidence that the game produces bad boards to sabotage stacked raid teams. (Unless it was your skilful play that overcame those consistently bad boards.)

I’m frankly impressed that you won 80% of your raids with a monochrome team. It’s a very good monochrome team, but I still would have guessed that a combination of randomly bad boards and mediocre boards with decent blue tanks might have tripped you up a bit more often. It’s hard to figure out what impact player skill has, but I’d be tempted to speculate that maybe you earned yourself a win or two that a lesser player may not have.

Regardless of all this, I think you’re right: we continue to have no reason to disbelieve the devs when they say boards are random.

4 Likes

Blue tanks are pretty rare which is why I ran Alasie for a while (2/32 in my randomish sample)… Maybe Aegir will change that in the next few months.

And yes I air quoted “Proves” as this was only a test that could indicate if things were leaning towards random or not… seems pretty good.

Grammar Edit!

1 Like

Fairness, as I think you think of it, is not a concept applicable to randomness. This is also what makes randomness fair.

Exactly how would you define a fair board? Edit: And in what way do you mean the boards are rigged?

It would be fair if it were random. But there are far too many consistent patterns that defy randomness during raids.

1 Like

That’s a very vague statement. If these patterns were as consistent as you argue, I think we’d seen proof of them by now, but then again - I don’t really know what you’re referring to.

What are these consistent patterns, and under what circumstances are they visible? How did you reach the conclusion that they are consistent?

2 Likes

According to data produced by 1000s of raids, or your personal observations?

1 Like

Bad boards are more memorable than good boards.

I sometimes feel that they come in batches, but I also recognize that I am tilted and making bad decisions and it’s probably time to take a break :slight_smile:

Does “random” mean “random with in certain constraints”. A slot machine is"random" but pays back exactly 95% of its take in “randomness” . So I purpose: is random 100% random? Or is random “random within a set of rules” ???
Tricky wording eh? ( Triple stack a color in a Titan or war or map level, take down the results, and please explain"random")

If you read up-thread, you’ll see that a player tested whether the boards with stacked heroes are different from those with a rainbow team. They weren’t, comparing 100 boards from each.

2 Likes

I’m also referring to good boards, where the tiles fall perfectly and you get strong hit after hit and you blow your opposition out of the water in only a couple of moves. I’ve had about 2000 raids and the most common pattern that occurs is that it seldom ever comes down to skill. You are either going to win or lose, regardless of what you do. This hypothesis is pretty impossible to prove anyway so it’s easily dismissed. But it’s important not to just look for bad boards. The boards seem incredibly good or helplessly bad.

Rounders is an all time classic movie as well.

Guys, anyone knows why when the combo starts (and we have no idea whether it’s going to be 5x or 20x) the damage has already been calculated? How random is that? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This “prophesy” has never seemed odd to me. The server delivers all the random numbers as a block, the client processes. We slow humans see these answers, computed in milliseconds, over a few seconds time.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! Sad but it took me more than a few seconds to figure out what you said…
So, the block you mentioned contains like a lot of random boards which we can’t see yet, right? By “a lot” I mean sufficient for any combo.

Yes, that’s my guess. Or even that the RNG lives client-side and is simply handed a seed from the server. As I think about it, that’s probably more likely.

Well, from a developers perspective I would say that the calculations are not waiting for animations, it wouldn’t make sense. When you tap a gem and start the attack, all calculations are made in the background.
i.e.

1. what are the next tiles,
  2. how they will affect the board state,
  3. if cascade occurs just repeat from step 1

and all of this happens within milliseconds.
Just the animations takes a lot of time

2 Likes

Thanks, man! Reckon this one is solved.

This is the exact reason I’m about to give up on this game!
There is no skill part in this game and it’s all predetermined if you will win or lose a game, and apparently I’m one of the those that they have determined should loose. I have had so many raid boards where I get 6-7 stones/tiles of the color I’m stacking for the whole game that I can’t count, I have had raids where I don’t get the colors I’m stacking for minutes, the longest is 7 minutes, from the 2nd minute to the 9th minute of the raid, where I had 4 heroes left after the initial 2 minutes and my enemy had just a Melendor left… And still I lost!?
And after I started complaining about these things here my titan hits has dropped from 30-40k down to 3-10k!?
Randomness, fair play, skill!? No, this is all P2W!!!

No, you misunderstand. It is not all preprogrammed. You choose a move, and then the tiles fall. The point of this discussion (last few posts) has been about the curious fact that as soon as you make a move, you can click on a foe and see whether it’s dead yet, or how wounded, even as the tiles are falling. It’s all still random tiles, but the randomness is determined as soon as you make a move.

Why in heaven’s name would developers code a game so people could lose all the time? That’s no fun, and in-fun games lose players and revenue.

There are really excellent raiding guides, linked above, or just search for “raiding in top 1000”. You can’t control what tiles drop, but you can learn how to love lots of tiles through the board so that you give yourself a chance.

4 Likes

Actually, due to a full roster of 4* legendary training heroes, my longest streak is 136 days without collecting legendary heroes.

But really, that was only so I could shuffle around some recruits and food to level a third camp to level 20.

Mostly I use it for storing 24.7 million food.

1 Like

The match boards are not completely random. They are programmed to run dominant tiles of missing heroes and give very few matches of dominant heroes. I have screen recording after screen recording to prove this. We all know they are rigged so people will get tired of losing and spend money to grow their teams. Stop denying it. Instead why don’t you try the honest approach and unrig the boards so they are truly fair. You might be surprised how many customers you keep and how much more money people will spend. You have run off many big spenders by your rigged boards and are about to lose me as well.

2 Likes