Stones' colour distribution is NOT random - MASTER Board Conspiracy

The case is closed for the first one but not the second one. Just as you have said yourself:

If you answer my question, it will help to investigate the second case:

I write about thing I understand not about what I don’t, when I don’t understand, I read instead of writting.

I am over this too…yes, I have lectured in statistics, probability and research design. You can never convince some people . See you all in another thread. (Back to counting :smile:)

1 Like

jesus, the people and their tin-foil hat theories.
I am pretty sure, judging by how the game behaves in poor connection conditions, that actual fights are client-side, which means all the title generation is done locally on your device. there is no way the insidious devs or SG staff can manipulate your tiles this way. if your device had to receive instructions from the game server for every tile match, the fights would be extremely sluggish.
so if you got the :poop:-end of the RNG stick, blame your phone.

2 Likes

I have seen this once. And there are other reports elsewhere here of it happening. It is extremely rare but does happen.

2 Likes

Happen to me two times.

The next question: if starting board (which do not have our influenced yet) is predetermined by SGG, then how come they put boards that do not contain possible match thus having to be reshuffled at the first turn?

How many predetermined starting board do they make?

Isn’t it easier to create a programming code to randomize it (albeit sometimes it create a board which have to be reshuffled)?

I have seen a starting board without a color which is stacked.

I have also had a starting board where there are so many colors which I stack to the point that by moving a single tile, I kill 3 middle heroes.

My understanding is:

A starting board is generated and checked if there are any automatic matches. If there are, the board is thrown out and a new board is generated until there are no automatic matches. Since of all possible board combinations something over 70% have automatic matches this likely means there are quite a few boards generated before one comes up without an automatic match. For starting they are demonstrably not checking for boards with no match since those are not thrown out.

I can’t recall ever having a starting board with one colour completely missing, although I may have just missed it. I do recall occasionally getting boards with one gem of my strong stack, usually tucked away in the top corner. I also recall quite a few where I had one move for a centre column diamond in my strong colour. And most boards tend to be neither very bad or very good.

This is from the AMA with SGG in March 2019

This is the important point:

Why do opening boards have no good matches?

The boards are set to ensure that there is no insta-match, that the boards don’t start playing themselves. But I don’t believe there’s any lingering effect from the fact that we make sure that you don’t get a match before moving a tile. It shouldn’t affect anything.

Boards are truly random; it’s really hard to convince. Even if we had an engineer explain it, it probably wouldn’t help the cases where people don’t believe.

Convincing players who don’t believe it’s random is like convincing flat earthers the world is a ball.

2 Likes

That means luck…

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

This is a complete sentence and can be ignored.

1 Like

Seriously, not bad at all. Purple diamond in 2nd turn and who knows what red cascade brings with it. But only a good player may notice the diamond (without my actual hint and can be searched until found now). And only a good player knows to manipulate a board. I had worse than this and I won. A starting board where there is the obvious possibility for making a diamond, no matter the colour, it is a decent board in my opinion.

Of course, I understand the topic is about the colour distribution. Still, I wanted to point out that even in such situations a player may easily win if plays smart and doesn’t rush.

2 Likes

That move above gives a purple diamond, unless the next shield below the 3rd column is purple as well (in which case, you’d be at the mercy of the RNG on what your next move would be).

Alternatively, if you want to do a combo that gets rid of a lot of matches right away:

That creates a combo with the below green and purple, which would clear more initial shields, but it is riskier and more at the mercy of RNG right away.

There is indeed risk involved in both moves, but I don’t think this is a particularly terrible board myself. Two decent moves that can open up the board nicely (one does it faster, the other requires a 2nd move).

2 Likes

Ok it s just a game bassed on luck…but Until the board opened my opponent will have a nice party, unless he wont play for 3-4 rounds…

1 Like

Well luckily your opponent has two healers on the center too, which to me can be a free pass to charge them and not get hit much.

LotL can be annoying though, just cross your fingers and hope she doesn’t reduce the mana of one of your key heroes (if she does go off).

2 Likes

Thank you! That is the best explaination i have seen to date. It makes sense and more importantly makes the situation acceptable. Thank you for your time.

I had some umm… very bad luck with an all 5 hero blue team and started with only 1 blue tile lol… all the greens though:

It took about 5 moves to get just 1 more blue on the board but somehow I did end up winning

I don’t know what was your first move, but you had a green horizontal diamond in 2nd turn (obviously, by matching the horizontal left purple tiles in the 1st turn).

1 Like

That is what I did, and even after the diamond I had NO extra blues. I only got another blue a couple moves AFTER that. But I won somehow so i wasn’t too annoyed at the end of it, if i had lost i would have been obviously lol.

Edit: to clarify, i mean after activating the diamond. It gave me more purples and greens mostly

700+ replies in this thread - Mods, do something with that stuff.

The bottom line would be: if devs, by some reason, wanna do stuff non-random but looking random, they can do it, easily, and all kinds of easy-peasy data analysis will suck to figure out that nasty tricks.

So, just pray to Gods, hope our devs are nice dudes, and enjoy the game.

P.S.
U can’t count on pure randomness - u have to manipulate in order to avoid boards with no moves, after every move u make.
And, as soon as u have to manipulate, u can do some nasty stuff on the top of what is needed :slight_smile:, and as soon as we don’t have access to the source code, we will lose this war anyways.

Same goes to pulls etc - pull rates for 5* might be exactly as announced, but u might keep getting 5* green Horghals instead of 5* green Mother North (they’ve got different rates, so was a bad example, but uve got the idea), if devs r evil & want it that dirty way :smile:. Someone can get tones of Velas, whereas someone more (who pays more :slight_smile:, for instance) - none etc etc

I might get miserable pulls soon, for this post :smile: Thanks, devs, in advance​:+1:

Not random at all :thinking: :nerd_face: :wink:

Do what? I’m sure half the replies are refuting the unsupported claim.

1 Like